• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

6 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The very pro-Brexit head of NEXT says we need more immigration.

I agree with Danbert on the next page (no pun intended) - idiot. Once the forces of nationalism were unleashed, no control over where it would lead and Cameron fucked us over by only having the referendum Q as in/out.

Ironically given the big red bus £350m extra per week to the NHS lie, the actions of May, Patel and Braverman have made worse the COVID staff retention situation, so by 2022 there’s more than 120k frontline and allied health vacancies. This could be partly addressed by easing their ideological immigration restrictions and easing Home Office waiting times and visa restrictions/costs especially in social care where the pay is lower but instead of that overworked nurses are going on strike for the first time in a generation. Listening to them speak, it’s not about pay at the core of it, cost of living to an extent, but the sheer level of vacancies they are having cover. 

So the NHS-loving English and Welsh public or at least the Leave part of it, voted to make the NHS weaker and increase waiting times. Well done. Pandemic has made worse but the issues were already there. As a double whammy, Barclay’s hands are tied on pay settlements as well because the economy is smaller out of the single market.

Bonkers.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, whelk said:

And we had such high hopes. Should put the Brexit voters on a separate tax band to contribute more for all the economic contraction the thick fuckers voted for

... And who was ever naive enough to believe the bullshit coming out of trade minister Truss and from Johnson's government??

Unfortunately 52% of the country were naive .... And now we are in a mess.

• Like 3

London now been overtaken by Paris as the most valuable European Stock market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63623502

“The combined value of British shares is now around $2.821 trillion (£2.3 trillion), while France's are worth around $2.823 trillion, Bloomberg calculates.

It marks a huge reversal of fortunes for the London Stock Exchange, which was worth about $1.4 trillion more than its Parisian rival back in 2016.“

Are these the Sunny uplands the conservatives promised us?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Any Brexitards around or have they all left the battlefield now?

Wheres lord fuckwomble, Giddy mistrial and the rest with their brexit benefits. Gone very quiet haven’t they?

Looking at my extra filled wallet from my extra wages because of BREXIT ( as you know i am an hgv driver ), i can say im very happy and have 0 need to come on a gloat at you remainers ..... Must be hard for you. i would play my violin for you, buts it is the worlds smallest violin and i lost it. Never mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mosin said:

Looking at my extra filled wallet from my extra wages because of BREXIT ( as you know i am an hgv driver ), i can say im very happy and have 0 need to come on a gloat at you remainers ..... Must be hard for you. i would play my violin for you, buts it is the worlds smallest violin and i lost it. Never mind.

I will never knock people for earning a decent crust. I’m genuinely really happy for anyone who benefits including you. However, coming on here and acting like a Poundland ‘Loadsamoney’ just makes you look like a complete (unt.

really happy for you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Winnersaint said:

I will never knock people for earning a decent crust. I’m genuinely really happy for anyone who benefits including you. However, coming on here and acting like a Poundland ‘Loadsamoney’ just makes you look like a complete (unt.

really happy for you 

Im not the one sulking over a vote that happened 6 years ago, claiming brexiteers are brexitards... Warrior likes to air his displeasure thinking he is on some high ground looking down his nose crying because brexit was bad for him.. Boo fucking wooo... Being in Europe was bad for me, i didnt spend the whole time we was in it on a forum crying like a baby over it. 

Not my fault im delighted with it, i would tell you why, but you will all say i am wrong, and that you know whats best for me and my family, which you obviously dont. And also give no respect to different opinions, you actually cant comprehend tbat brexit might have actually been good for some people... 

Any way.. Ill. Leave the sulking remainers to continue sulking how bad it is... 

Good night. 

• Haha 1

On 14/11/2022 at 20:08, Tamesaint said:

... And who was ever naive enough to believe the bullshit coming out of trade minister Truss and from Johnson's government??

Unfortunately 52% of the country were naive .... And now we are in a mess.

The New Statesman makes the point that Truss pushed through the Australia deal to make herself look good (Wow look Brexit we have a shiny deal) while fucking over the farmers in the knowledge that actually it wasn't a good deal for the UK.

So, of all the only oven-ready deal we've signed is shit, and we've given up on deals with the US, or China or India and we've torn up the one that added 4 percentage points (which is a hell of a lot) to our GDP because of 20 years of stories in the Sun about banana curvature - meanwhile austerity.

I'm so glad I live broad. Every time I come back to the UK, which isn't very often, the place looks poorer, and the people I talk to are struggling. The UK doesn't even seem to be able to afford to fund essential services like schools or the NHS properly anymore. It's bitterly depressing, and it's down to the Tories and to Brexit. Great that truckers get paid more though.

• Like 5

On 16/11/2022 at 08:45, Danbert said:

The New Statesman makes the point that Truss pushed through the Australia deal to make herself look good (Wow look Brexit we have a shiny deal) while fucking over the farmers in the knowledge that actually it wasn't a good deal for the UK.

So, of all the only oven-ready deal we've signed is shit, and we've given up on deals with the US, or China or India and we've torn up the one that added 4 percentage points (which is a hell of a lot) to our GDP because of 20 years of stories in the Sun about banana curvature - meanwhile austerity.

I'm so glad I live broad. Every time I come back to the UK, which isn't very often, the place looks poorer, and the people I talk to are struggling. The UK doesn't even seem to be able to afford to fund essential services like schools or the NHS properly anymore. It's bitterly depressing, and it's down to the Tories and to Brexit. Great that truckers get paid more though.

Johnson's references to oven ready deals was, surprise surprise, bullshit. There were never any pre-agreed deals He was talking about stuff written by the swivels at Tufton Street that would form part on the UKs offer in deal negotiations.

27 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Can you read bar graphs? If not, come and join me in one my year 7 geography lessons. I'll even let you have a go drawing one of your own.

To make it clear, despite being in the EU, Germany's projected growth (by the OBR, chuckle and the European Commission chuckle, chuckle) is lower than France, which is also in the EU. So, I'm struggling to see what economic advantage being a member of the EU is projected to be for Germany. I'll draw a picture with my crayons later so that you may understand my point. 

22 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

To make it clear, despite being in the EU, Germany's projected growth (by the OBR, chuckle and the European Commission chuckle, chuckle) is lower than France, which is also in the EU. So, I'm struggling to see what economic advantage being a member of the EU is projected to be for Germany. I'll draw a picture with my crayons later so that you may understand my point. 

Er, what incentive do the OBR have to misstate today’s UK projected GDP statistics?

Edited by farawaysaint

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Try to take a look at the base figures. A year by year comparison is meaningless if it's from a shit base.

Which is what the OECD report says; the UK percentage growth figure is higher because it is coming form a much  lower base: 10% of 80 is less than 9% of 100.

19 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Er, what incentive do the OBR have to misstate today’s UK projected GDP statistics?

It's nothing to do about the OBR "misstating" today’s UK projected GDP statistics. My chuckle about using their projections is neatly summarised in the recent article in the Times:

The Times has gone back over the past 12 years of OBR forecasts — which each year make assessments for the following six years — to see how accurate their short term and long term predictions have been. And this highlights several things. The first, perhaps obvious, conclusion is that the OBR’s accuracy gets worse the further ahead it forecasts.

In 2012 for example it predicted that GDP growth in 2017 would be 2.8 per cent when it in fact came 40 per cent lower at 1.7 per cent. Likewise in 2016 it predicted that the interest the government would pay on debt in 2020 would average 1.9 per cent when in fact it came in at 0.4 per cent. The second, again obvious, conclusion is that the more economic uncertainty there was at the time the less good the OBR’s forecasts were. In 2020, for example, it predicted that Covid would result in a fall in GDP of 11.3 per cent when in fact the consequences of the pandemic were less pronounced, with GDP only dropping by 9.8 per cent. It was a similar story with Brexit. In the aftermath of the referendum it predicted that GDP growth would fall by 0.6 per cent from 2.1 per cent to 1.4 in a year, when in fact the fall was a much more modest 0.1 per cent. The analysis also shows that over the past 12 years the metric with the least accurate forecast track record is GDP growth despite it being the most critical assessment today.

14 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Explain Germany's projected "growth" then Whitey. They're in the EU and according to the Remainers, they should be doing great.

Everytime I think the simpleton couldn't be any more simple..... Just goes to show, never underestimate anyone. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

Actually, I think you have confused 2023 figures with 2022. Try harder, mate.

Nope. Not me. You obviously don't understand my point, which doesn't surprise me.

I would suggest that you try harder but the intellect isn't there. But there again, a year by year differential comparison is beyond your understanding. 

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

Explain Germany's projected "growth" then Whitey. They're in the EU and according to the Remainers, they should be doing great.

I have now given up banging my head against the wall. In future I shall start charging for my basic maths lessons. 

They are doing great. They have been doing great.  They will continue to be doing great.

The UK by comparison continues to struggle along in the slow lane.

Just get it into your cloth-eared mind that an annual percentage growth comparison tells you nothing about your current standard of performance. 

Maybe it's just to complicated  for you. No shame in admitting it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

They are doing great. They have been doing great.  They will continue to be doing great.

Germany? Doing Great? Jesus, talk about ignoring reality. They are entering a serious recession and have only done great in the past because the US and UK financed their defence, while they were getting cheap energy from the West's biggest enemy. The EU won't help them. No wonder Olaf Scholz went cap in hand to the Chinese.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Germany? Doing Great? Jesus, talk about ignoring reality. They are entering a serious recession and have only done great in the past because the US and UK financed their defence, while they were getting cheap energy from the West's biggest enemy. The EU won't help them. No wonder Olaf Scholz went cap in hand to the Chinese.

How is Deutsche Bank doing ? Did those German car manufacturers smash down Angela Merkel's door ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

They're miles ahead of us.

6 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

They're miles ahead of us.

The forum nutter has definitely got a screw loose when it comes to Germany. eg His rant today about Germany which ignores facts and is based upon prejudice. eg His predictions about Deutsche Bank which according to him went bust last decade.

God knows why. Something to do with one of the world wars? Who can decipher the mind of a nutter?

• Like 3

One of my closest friends is a hardened brexiteer.  I am/was a fervent remainer and we've had plenty of rabid disagreements, particularly after a few sherbets.  His mantra is taking back control and a feeling of autonomy.  He's had to accept recently that the economic benefits are non existent (at least not yet) and that there is an economic price to be paid for his vision of our country. 

• Like 3

One of the distraction arguments from Leavers is that if you are against Brexit you must hate the UK and that you love Europe.

I don't give a fuck about Germany or France, I've always wanted what would be best for us, and economic self-harm is clearly not good for the UK.

The Johnson approach of being as rude and obnoxious to the EU to look manly in front of the Tunbridge Wells association, also fell apart when he had to negotiate with those he'd abused.

A sensible yet ruthless approach would have been, polite and pleasant, then shaft them with a deal that suits us - ditto the US where Boris got in bed with Trump and left us out in the cold. 

So it's all now starting to emerge as a crass unworkable idea on every level, organised by idiots to benefit the wealthy, at our request - so they can blame the voters.

And fair play to any Leave voters who now admit they were conned by the ridiculous claims of former-Remainer Johnson and the other divisive chancers - we've all been taken for a ride by people who made money from the whole shambles, and continue to do so.

Just because you lost!

No mate, we all lost.

• Like 11

On 18/11/2022 at 12:04, The Left Back said:

One of my closest friends is a hardened brexiteer.  I am/was a fervent remainer and we've had plenty of rabid disagreements, particularly after a few sherbets.  His mantra is taking back control and a feeling of autonomy.  He's had to accept recently that the economic benefits are non existent (at least not yet) and that there is an economic price to be paid for his vision of our country. 

This the nub of my issues about the Leave campaign, apart from the dubious overseas funds and Putin connections. As Philip Hammond said at the dispatch box in one of the debates after the referendum, ‘people didn’t vote to be poorer’. Yet, they did, and all of the people moaning about Thursday’s sensible budget are also amongst the most ardent Brexiteers. Clearly the mythical £350m extra for the NHS was a smokescreen as well as a fabrication (ONS). Daily Mail sums them up - not a ‘Tory budget’ yet the one in September which they feted ‘at last a Tory budget’ has to be cleaned up by Hunt and Sunak’s J Cloth on Thursday as it was globally unacceptable and hammered out of sight. Same paper at the heart of the Leave campaign. Stupid paper with stupid readers and editors. 

Edited by saint1977
People
  • Like 2

What's done is done, and it hasn't gone well. I voted leave and rue the the day that I did. Naive doesn't come close.

The issue now is how and when the serious discussion begins about rejoining. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Ha!! Not on here mate! The brexiters that won't accept that it ain't gone well will tell you how great it is but give no examples of that greatness, and the various leavers only need to copy/paste one of their many posts from above. In the real world, I can't see either main political party sparking the debate, it'd take the mass media to do so. 

• Like 1