• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Scotland, Wales and London probably the most significant areas according to the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

spacer.png

That’s good. Sweaties & Waitrose customers can house them in those areas. It’s a win win, they actually want them and the  areas that don’t, won’t get any. What’s not to like about that? 

Mind you, some of them may prefer Rwanda than living  near Soggy 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You make it sound like housing loads of refugees is a bad thing. 

I just pointed out that a lot of traditional Tory areas voted remain, as can be seen from your little map. I wouldn't have a problem with a refugee centre near me, would you?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t know why they’re bothering with Rwanda when the solution is staring them right in the face. I’d set up holding centres & use hotels in areas that voted Remain. 

I thought they might set them up next to your house. This is what you voted for.

7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I thought they might set them up next to your house. This is what you voted for.

Exactly. Remain voted for keeping the French onside and dealing with the issue there. 5 small boat refugees in 2016 and 30,000 in 2021. Hm. I wonder what could have changed.  

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

As a Remain voter I would be happy to acknowledge there have been benefits from Brexit which will make is stronger economically and assist in maintaining the Union.

However there doesn't appear to be that many, if any.

Can anyone assist with some good news...please?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

As a Remain voter I would be happy to acknowledge there have been benefits from Brexit which will make is stronger economically and assist in maintaining the Union.

Well, according to our geographically challenged Foreign Minister / soon to be PM, cheese and pork markets - oh, and trade deals with the Faroe Islands and Leichtenstein.

23 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Weird isn't it.  The country is a fucking shithole after Brexit.  The leadership is shit.  Taxes are through the roof.  Bananas are all bent again. Petrol costs a fortune and good luck heating your house this winter.

But, unbelievably, people still want to come here, despite travelling through most of Europe first - maybe BorrierSaint should send his twitter links to Sangatte?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-62392898

On a side note, Soggy will be wanking into his sock.  He loves it when a migrant crossing record gets broken.

Here another one for you since you asked. Your “takin back control” really worked for illegal immigration teehee!!! Any articles showing us the sunlit uplands yet? 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That’s good. Sweaties & Waitrose customers can house them in those areas. It’s a win win, they actually want them and the  areas that don’t, won’t get any. What’s not to like about that? 

Mind you, some of them may prefer Rwanda than living  near Soggy 

Oh Farage licking twat is back to remind us how well Brexit is going. I’ve missed she/he.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Well, according to our geographically challenged Foreign Minister / soon to be PM, cheese and pork markets - oh, and trade deals with the Faroe Islands and Leichtenstein.

And lots of cheap Australian beef putting our farmers out of business even though Australian cattle are kept in conditions that would be illegal in the UK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

Thick gullible cunts can’t complain about being proven to be thick gullible cunts.

Now the sad racist twats are appearing to take their culture wars to the supermarkets. 

47 minutes ago, whelk said:

Thick gullible cunts can’t complain about being proven to be thick gullible cunts.

It's a good job that the clever people who labelled Brexit voters "thick gullible c**ts" didn't galvanize the "thick gullible c**ts" to vote leave in the first place, thus avoiding shooting themselves in the foot. Yep, a good job indeed.... ;)

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

It's a good job that the clever people who labelled Brexit voters "thick gullible c**ts" didn't galvanize the "thick gullible c**ts" to vote leave in the first place, thus avoiding shooting themselves in the foot. Yep, a good job indeed.... ;)

Alas thick people don’t listen to clever people but they can read bus adverts and apparently respect and trust any old public school charlatan claiming they are fighting the elite. Still don’t worry you just fucked the economy nothing serious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, whelk said:

Alas thick people don’t listen to clever people but they can read bus adverts and apparently respect and trust any old public school charlatan claiming they are fighting the elite. Still don’t worry you just fucked the economy nothing serious.

Sounds like the clever people need to work out a cleverer way of beating these troublesome thick c**ts

43 minutes ago, trousers said:

Congratulations to you on the 450th time you have posted a variant on this observation on this forum 👏 👏 👏 👏 

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Sounds like the clever people need to work out a cleverer way of beating these troublesome thick c**ts

I would suspect that’s why Starmer has ruled out rejoining the Single Market in the short-term to bring back some of the Red Wall seats as Wakefield has done in the by-election. I’m a Lib Dem voter so I don’t know the strategy of the Labour Party but it appears to me in the last 12 months he’s had a broad theme going on about patriotism and we know how nationalism was behind Brexit, and the fear of a Lab/SNP bunk up drove the 2015GE result.

Living in a Lib/Tory marginal our letterbox had a letter from Cameron pretty much every day for 6 months ramming this down our throats. We didn’t buckle but enough voters did. Just think about the cost across multiple marginals and where the money was coming from….

New Labour weren’t overly friendly on migration either which probably helped for years with the economically left wing and socially right wing people that moved back to them post Thatcher. Corbyn was an escape valve for the old left and younger activists but they’ve seen electorally it won’t fly bar one offs like the 2017 GE and even then they couldn’t beat May’s dreadful government (although still better than the garbage that came next).

From a Lib Dem perspective, interested to see if Tiverton and Honiton is a one off, SW used to be a Lib Dem yellow wall.

Now, what would be a smart thing to do is get back to the tactical voting of the late 90s and 2000s which stopped after the Coalition with a lot of Lab-Lib anger across and within the parties. It’s a bit like Saints, those parties can’t compete with the shady money of the Tories/Newcastle Utd but can out-think them. LDs focus spending on Tory marginals, Lab do the minimum and vice versa. I can never foresee another coalition but enough collaboration to get this rotten English nationalist tree stump out of the ground. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Congratulations to you on the 450th time you have posted a variant on this observation on this forum 👏 👏 👏 👏 

Congratulations to you on the 450th time you have pointed this out 👏👏👏👏

25 minutes ago, trousers said:

Congratulations to you on the 450th time you have pointed this out 👏👏👏👏

Not really. I would've spent the first 200 or so telling you this angle is utter horseshit. Its only in the last, say, four years I've had to resort to just berating you for saying the same piss weak argument over and over and over again.

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Not really. I would've spent the first 200 or so telling you this angle is utter horseshit. Its only in the last, say, four years I've had to resort to just berating you for saying the same piss weak argument over and over and over again.

On reflection, you make a very good point. I don't think I'm cut out for this debating with clever people on the internet malarkey to be honest. 👏👏👏👏

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, trousers said:

On reflection, you make a very good point. I don't think I'm cut out for this debating with clever people on the internet malarkey to be honest. 👏👏👏👏

Someone needs to give you a medal

Brexit feels like nothing more than Turkeys voting for Christmas as financialy there just seems to be no benefit. Anyone who says Britain must return to the EU is nuts though, why on earth would they take us back ahead of all the EU candidate countries? It would be decades before we returned so nothing for it but to make the best of it , Brexit vote won move on and look how the country can grow without direct access to the EU.

1 hour ago, farawaysaint said:

Brexit feels like nothing more than Turkeys voting for Christmas as financialy there just seems to be no benefit. Anyone who says Britain must return to the EU is nuts though, why on earth would they take us back ahead of all the EU candidate countries? It would be decades before we returned so nothing for it but to make the best of it , Brexit vote won move on and look how the country can grow without direct access to the EU.

We had decent rights when we were in it. Would never be accepted on same terms. 
Didn’t need a masters in economics to know leaving customs union was folly. As you say it has gone but huge lesson in bs populist sound bites leading people to the abyss.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whelk said:

We had decent rights when we were in it. Would never be accepted on same terms. 
Didn’t need a masters in economics to know leaving customs union was folly. As you say it has gone but huge lesson in bs populist sound bites leading people to the abyss.

I think there is a chance to be had for favourable terms for when Scotland and Wales become independent. It’s only England that are becoming the backward, sick man of Europe.

Cough, cough...

The truck driving around London’s Silicon Roundabout emblazoned with “Dear start-ups, keep calm and move to Berlin” – paid for by Germany’s FDP party – was a stark campaign to make the European city a post-Brexit hub for start-ups. Yet fast-forward six years, and this opportunistic publicity stunt has proven ill-fated amid the growing prominence of London’s tech sector. The amount of venture capital investment raised by tech start-ups in London reached an all-time high of $26bn (£18bn) last year – making it the fourth highest globally. Only San Francisco, New York and Greater Boston’s tech minnows fared better, attracting respective investments of $99bn, $47bn and $29bn, according to data from Dealroom.
Google, Facebook-owner Meta and TikTok have all opted to keep their European headquarters in London, irrespective of Brexit fears. Meanwhile, senior executives at Meta have recently moved to London from the company’s Silicon Valley stronghold, in an attempt to counter the rise of TikTok – demonstrating Britain’s retention of its position as a tech leader since leaving the European Union.

Welcome home, Nick Clegg. Seems like Old Blighty is the place to live, after all.

48 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Is that situation something that would have arisen regardless of Brexit ?

Yes, obviously.

Slim pickings for Brexiters when the positives of Brexit are, "things that would have happened anyway".

• Like 1

On 30/06/2016 at 12:38, Guided Missile said:
Whitey Grandad said:
Make up your mind which side of the Atlantic you're standing on. Having a foot in each continent can get uncomfortable after a while.

Not half as uncomfortable as when Russia invades Ukraine. Then we'll see how the ex-nazis, anti-capitalists and surrender monkeys treat the UK then.

I should be Defence Minister or at least Foreign Minister.

2 hours ago, farawaysaint said:

Well yes but largely tilted by the English retirees living there which are 21% of the country.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/22/english-people-wales-brexit-research

Ethnic Welsh people voted remain in the majority. 

Wales isn’t just Welsh ethnics anymore than England is only ethnic English. That’s a rather outdated & racist way to look at a country.