• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

9 hours ago, harvey said:

And as it stands we're out...but there's an unrelenting faction that still doesn't accept it.

Oh I've accepted it alright, in that I fully acknowledge that it has happened and there is nothing now I can do about it. But that doesn't mean I won't continue to point out what a terrible idea it was, especially now that all the problems and downsides of it that we remain voters warned about (which were dismissed as 'project fear' by populist pricks in suits whose only interest in us leaving was their own personal wealth) are coming to fruition.

Worth pointing out that there are a handful of contributors on this thread who have never accepted the result of the original referendum to take us in in the first place. And they seem to have gone very quiet now that it's becoming clearer by the day what a total fucking disaster Brexit has been.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Oh I've accepted it alright, in that I fully acknowledge that it has happened and there is nothing now I can do about it. But that doesn't mean I won't continue to point out what a terrible idea it was, especially now that all the problems and downsides of it that we remain voters warned about (which were dismissed as 'project fear' by populist pricks in suits whose only interest in us leaving was their own personal wealth) are coming to fruition.

Worth pointing out that there are a handful of contributors on this thread who have never accepted the result of the original referendum to take us in in the first place. And they seem to have gone very quiet now that it's becoming clearer by the day what a total fucking disaster Brexit has been.

Are there currently any issues in the EU that would have affected us had we stayed or is it the land of milk and honey?

22 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

This.

In the 409 pages of debate on Brexit on this forum there has been views from across the in/out spectrum.  The reason we're now seeing an almost totally unopposed stream of 'anti-Brexit' views is because it's not possible to defend the indefensible.  The only benefit I've seen offered by the pro-brexit members of this forum in the last few months is that we'll be able to buy our fruit in pounds and Mosin is earning more money. I'm listening if anyone one on here would like to offer some more positives about our leaving the EU.  In the meantime people like Harvey are trying to somehow say that things would be so much worse if Angela Rayner was prime minister - random or what!

Yes we've left.  No were not going back (not anytime soon).  Yes we all have to accept the decision of the referendum.  But we don't have to accept the ongoing clusterfuck that are the consequences of that decision.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, harvey said:

"fuck the whole country over"?.....he's been far from perfect but he's a politician. Jesus wept could you imagine Angela R as a Prime Minister!

Yes, and she would be better than Boris. ( But then again, any of our 3 dogs could do a better job than Boris, as could the fish in our pond ).

• Like 4

23 hours ago, The Left Back said:

In the 409 pages of debate.

The reason we're now seeing an almost totally unopposed stream of 'anti-Brexit' views is because it's not possible to defend the indefensible.  

There’s no debate, there was, but now this thread has just become an echo chamber for boring remoaners. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

There’s no debate, there was, but now this thread has just become an echo chamber for boring remoaners. 

You don't have to read how big a cock up you have made of things. Just ignore the thread.

I don’t ignore the thread, I read it regularly. I find it funny. 

There used to be weirdos on my side of the debate. People  who blamed everything on the EU, it’s good to know there’s also weirdos on the other side,  who blame everything on Brexit. I don’t meet many bitter, arrogant people in real life, so reading the thread gives me an insight into their world. 

Keep on posting. 

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t ignore the thread, I read it regularly. I find it funny. 

There used to be weirdos on my side of the debate. People  who blamed everything on the EU, it’s good to know there’s also weirdos on the other side,  who blame everything on Brexit. I don’t meet many bitter, arrogant people in real life, so reading the thread gives me an insight into their world. 

Keep on posting. 

Any chance of you telling us bitter, arrogant people a few of the benefits that have come from Brexit?

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We've had over forty years of boring Leavers so in their famous words, Suck it up, Sunshine. 

Whatever that means.

It means, losers have to accept the fact they lost and understand why they lost. Get off your smug remainer arses and get a Nigel. Its a bit tougher than tweeting or whinging in the media, which is why a rejoin campaign won’t ever get off the ground. Insulting  voters doesn’t seem to be a particularly good way off winning them round, but it’s far easier to do than accept the real reason. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It means, losers have to accept the fact they lost and understand why they lost. Get off your smug remainer arses and get a Nigel. Its a bit tougher than tweeting or whinging in the media, which is why a rejoin campaign won’t ever get off the ground. Insulting  voters doesn’t seem to be a particularly good way off winning them round, but it’s far easier to do than accept the real reason. 

Not a chance. We shall be rubbing your faces in this shit for a long, long time.

This is what you voted for. Take responsibility for it, earn it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Still banging on about winners and losers. :lol:

• Like 1

Losers don’t have to accept anything. Farage himself has said that he would have continued to campaign to leave if your mob had lost the referendum vote so why on earth should those who want us to rejoin the EU just give up? There is nothing black or white about it. Some want to be out of it, some want to be in it. It is a choice which people are perfectly entitled to have. You bang on about “democracy” but how would you feel if there was a reef sun again this autumn and the vote was reversed? It is very possible that there are more people who want to rejoin the EU now they have seen what Brexit actually means. Wouldn’t it be Democratic to hear what the people have to say now we know more about what Brexit actually means to our everyday lives?

Remains are just as entitled to campaign to rejoin the EU as people like you are Farage were entitled to campaign to leave. We took a Democratic decision to join the Common market in the last century. If that Democratic decision can be overridden, so can the last one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Losers don’t have to accept anything. Farage himself has said that he would have continued to campaign to leave if your mob had lost the referendum vote so why on earth should those who want us to rejoin the EU just give up? There is nothing black or white about it. Some want to be out of it, some want to be in it. It is a choice which people are perfectly entitled to have. You bang on about “democracy” but how would you feel if there was a reef sun again this autumn and the vote was reversed? It is very possible that there are more people who want to rejoin the EU now they have seen what Brexit actually means. Wouldn’t it be Democratic to hear what the people have to say now we know more about what Brexit actually means to our everyday lives?

Remains are just as entitled to campaign to rejoin the EU as people like you are Farage were entitled to campaign to leave. We took a Democratic decision to join the Common market in the last century. If that Democratic decision can be overridden, so can the last one.

You can campaign all you like, but I doubt you’ll find anyone with the nous, charisma or political genius of Nigel. In terms of percentages, he turned around a lot worse situation than you lot find yourselves in. Here’s a tip, he didn’t do it by insulting the voters, or making out he had superior intelligence and that people who voted remain were thick, or selfish. . He did it through his arguments and damn hard work.

Losers don’t have to accept the status quo, they’re perfectly entitled to keep campaigning. What they do have to accept is that the people who voted the other way, did so with as much information, as much intelligence and as much compassion for their neighbours as they did. They also need to understand that they weren’t in touch with the country as a whole,  and their opinion was in the minority. In that respect you lot haven’t accepted the result yet. 

We've had over forty years of boring Leavers so in their famous words, Suck it up, Sunshine. 

Whatever that means.

Brexiteers are thick? Yet this remainer cant even work out that 1993 - 2020 is not 40  years...

Happy Thursday GIF by MOODMAN

6 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You can campaign all you like, but I doubt you’ll find anyone with the nous, charisma or political genius of Nigel. In terms of percentages, he turned around a lot worse situation than you lot find yourselves in. Here’s a tip, he didn’t do it by insulting the voters, or making out he had superior intelligence and that people who voted remain were thick, or selfish. . He did it through his arguments and damn hard work.

Losers don’t have to accept the status quo, they’re perfectly entitled to keep campaigning. What they do have to accept is that the people who voted the other way, did so with as much information, as much intelligence and as much compassion for their neighbours as they did. They also need to understand that they weren’t in touch with the country as a whole,  and their opinion was in the minority. In that respect you lot haven’t accepted the result yet. 

What staggers me is that in 2022, after all we have experienced in the last 40 years, you still idolise the likes of Thatcher and Farage. This country has gone to the dogs and people like you are the reason. Another person like you (Batman) told me on another thread to get into the 21st century. You and he seem oblivious to the fact that you are no better than Rees-Mogg and are all stuck in the 18th and 19th centuries. Nationalism is regressive, Neolithic and toxic. If this country is ever going to move forwards it needs to ditch the self serving Tory doctrines, the Little Englander Farage doctrines and look outwards instead of inwards. You are quite happy to sit back and watch Johnson stick two fingers up to decency, integrity and basic human rights so long as you get your country back. It doesn’t seem to matter to you that the people you voted into power are dragging this country into the sewer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buctootim said:

1973-2020......thickie. 

Learn to use google........... Before 1993 it was not the european union.

So who is the thick one? 

The Maastricht Treaty (formally known as the Treaty on European Union), which was signed on February 7, 1992, created the European Union. The treaty met with substantial resistance in some countries. In Denmark, for example, voters who were worried about infringements upon their country’s sovereignty defeated a referendum on the original treaty in June 1992, though a revised treaty was approved the following May. Voters in France narrowly approved the treaty in September, and in July 1993 British Prime Minister John Major was forced to call a vote of confidence in order to secure its passage. An amended version of the treaty officially took effect on November 1, 1993.

I await your Vicky Pollard reply... yeah but no but yeah but no yeah but no but yeah but no yeah but no but yeah but no.....

Edited by Mosin

6 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

What staggers me is that in 2022, after all we have experienced in the last 40 years, you still idolise the likes of Thatcher and Farage. This country has gone to the dogs 

Haven't Labour held power for the majority of the last 40 years whilst the country has 'gone to the dogs'?

• Haha 1

On 16/06/2022 at 14:15, Whitey Grandad said:

19 hours ago, Mosin said:

Brexiteers are thick? Yet this remainer cant even work out that 1993 - 2020 is not 40  years...

15 hours ago, buctootim said:

1973-2020......thickie. 

7 hours ago, Mosin said:

Learn to use google........... Before 1993 it was not the european union.

So who is the thick one? 

Whitey simply said we've had over 40 years of leavers moaning. He was correct. You said something you thought was smart but was dumb - which is the habit of thick people - and got pulled up on it. Then you doubled down and tried to make a desperate distinction about 1993 that wasnt part of his point - and ended up looking even more stupid. You want to stop now or or take another IQ hit?    

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Whitey simply said we've had over 40 years of leavers moaning. He was correct. You said something you thought was smart but was dumb - which is the habit of thick people - and got pulled up on it. Then you doubled down and tried to make a desperate distinction about 1993 that wasnt part of his point - and ended up looking even more stupid. You want to stop now or or take another IQ hit?    

lol, your trying to cover his bum. Do you eat it? 

Leavers tried to leave the EU before the EU existed.. Ok.... right! 

Told you, ill get a Vicky pollard reply... This is it.. 

3 minutes ago, Mosin said:

Leavers tried to leave the EU before the EU existed.. Ok.... right! 

Told you, ill get a Vicky pollard reply... This is it.. 

Do you actually have a point and know what it is? What is it you are claiming? that nobody wanted to leave before 1993 or that Britain's membership of Europe pre 1993 and post 1993 have nothing to do with each other? Or some other desperate carp?  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mosin said:

I see that Mosin 's distaste for impolite posts hasn't lasted long...but he is still ignorant of grammar (your 😁). 

I wonder why Brexiteers are called thick. 😁😁😁

Edited by Tamesaint

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Nothing wrong with that. You shouldn't start a sentence with "but" but that wasn't a new sentence. 😁

As I said, those in glass houses should learn when to use a capital letter, or not call people 'ignorant of grammar' ;)

https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/capital.asp#:~:text=Rule 1.,adjectives derived from proper nouns.

https://grammarhow.com/do-you-capitalize-after-an-ellipsis/

Edited by Weston Super Saint

31 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

As I said, those in glass houses should learn when to use a capital letter, or not call people 'ignorant of grammar' ;)

https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/capital.asp#:~:text=Rule 1.,adjectives derived from proper nouns.

https://grammarhow.com/do-you-capitalize-after-an-ellipsis/

Thanks for proving that the rules on the use of an ellipsis are not established. I quote from the conclusion in your second attachment

"Different style guides have different rules and if you disagree that's fine."

Thanks for proving that your argument is typical Piggy bollocks.

6 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I see that Mosin 's distaste for impolite posts hasn't lasted long...but he is still ignorant of grammar (your 😁). 

I wonder why Brexiteers are called thick. 😁😁😁

Keep the insults coming.

we all know people resort to insults when proven wrong.

just because you fail to undertsand the difference bewteen the EEC and the EU is not my problem.

Edited by Mosin

2 hours ago, Mosin said:

Keep the insults coming.

we all know people resort to insults when proven wrong.

just because you fail to undertsand the difference bewteen the EEC and the EU is not my problem.

Oh. I am sorry.

I assumed that your commitment to "no insults"  was over after the crude insult that you came out with today. I didn't appreciate that you are going for the Hypocrite of the year award. 

Or are you just too thick to understand what you are writing? 

On 16/06/2022 at 17:29, Lord Duckhunter said:

If you watch the doco film about Cambridge analytics involvement, and Cummins you will see they sidelined Nige as a major vote loser.

More and more Brexitteers are saying they regret the decision they took. A lot of these people are intelligent but fell for the 'easiest deal in history' lines.

You seem to me to be still happy with the vote, sadly our economy doesnt. Covid has been used as a shroud to hide the disaster business has had to deal with. It is early days but our demise as a nation in creeping faster all the time, add to that the perfect storm of fuel prices (nobodies fault except Putin) and the cost of living.

Ive worked through a few recessions and seen the pain they bring, it is concerning there is a good chance we are hurtling towards one. This will not all be down to Brexit as of course the EU are going through the same, but they also have seen costs to them due to our nations ridiculous hari kari

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OldNick said:

If you watch the doco film about Cambridge analytics involvement, and Cummins you will see they sidelined Nige as a major vote loser 

You’ve got to have a referendum to win it. Without a shadow of doubt there’s one person  that got us that vote. Sir Nigel Farage. To get that in the face of a Europhile commons, Lords & civil service is quite remarkable for someone outside of The UK Parliament. Without him the Tory leavers would still be arguing over subsection B section 111 of the XYZ treaty. Of course he had help from the woeful, arrogant fuckwitted remain campaign and the fact that most elected politicians don’t understand the ordinary Joes they represent. But Nige is Mr Brexit, absolutely no doubt about it, and if the remain camp can find someone  half as effective, you may get another bite at the cherry. I doubt you will though. Instead of throwing insults at leavers, remain voters should direct their anger at remainers in politics who don’t seem to have the gumption or the ability to mobilise and put the graft in. You need a nige 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

50 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’ve got to have a referendum to win it. Without a shadow of doubt there’s one person  that got us that vote. Sir Nigel Farage. To get that in the face of a Europhile commons, Lords & civil service is quite remarkable for someone outside of The UK Parliament. Without him the Tory leavers would still be arguing over subsection B section 111 of the XYZ treaty. Of course he had help from the woeful, arrogant fuckwitted remain campaign and the fact that most elected politicians don’t understand the ordinary Joes they represent. But Nige is Mr Brexit, absolutely no doubt about it, and if the remain camp can find someone  half as effective, you may get another bite at the cherry. I doubt you will though. Instead of throwing insults at leavers, remain voters should direct their anger at remainers in politics who don’t seem to have the gumption or the ability to mobilise and put the graft in. You need a nige 

Yes the irritating sod was the man for that. I curse the day when that plane crash didnt have a fatality. A person who thinks hes patriotic but ironically caused more damage to our future than any other. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

Yes the irritating sod was the man for that. I curse the day when that plane crash didnt have a fatality. A person who thinks hes patriotic but ironically caused more damage to our future than any other. 

Farage only ever thinks of what's best for himself. He has made a fortune out of Brexit and fucking the country over.

• Like 1

Farage just a right wing Corbyn. Passionate fanbase but completely incapable of breaking free of the quarter of the population/electorate that worships him and think everything they do is wonderful. They have slavish followers who massively overplay how much affection their hero is percieved by the wider population and hugely overplays their contribution - Corbyn solved Northern Ireland, Farage single handedly invented the idea of leaving the EU.

It's not an accident that the main Leave campaign wanted him nowhere near their campaign, and that's one of the big reasons it won. Keep Farage at a long arm's length and you might just win. And they were right.

• Like 1

“Farage single handedly invented  the idea of leaving the EU”. 😂 Said absolutely nobody. 

Got us a referendum, absolutely. Nobody else could have done that, only bitter Remainers could deny it . If he died that day (classy post Old Nick BTW) we’d still be in the EU now. 

Farage only ever thinks of what's best for himself. He has made a fortune out of Brexit and fucking the country over.

I think that the majority of the country would agree with you. He has for example been rejected by the voters on the 7 occasions when he has tried to enter Westminster. Ironically his dodgy business practices and his Brexit party funding would make him at home in Johnson's government. 

Undoubtedly he is a good PR man. His record number  of appearances on QT (the BBC is of course a left wing organisation 😁) were ideal for him to demonstrate this ability.

It's just a pity that the country now has to pay for his folly. 

• Like 3

“Farage single handedly invented  the idea of leaving the EU”. 😂 Said absolutely nobody. 

Got us a referendum, absolutely. Nobody else could have done that, only bitter Remainers could deny it . If he died that day (classy post Old Nick BTW) we’d still be in the EU now. 

Thanks for proving my point.

5 hours ago, OldNick said:

I’m a cunt and Farage is definitely a cunt but not sure he deserves to die for his views

On 18/06/2022 at 19:47, whelk said:

I’m a cunt and Farage is definitely a cunt but not sure he deserves to die for his views

Ok I agree I was wrong to say that, and unusual for me to give such an opinion, but I believe he has hurt my children and grandchildren's future massively. Someone who does that does not get my best wishes.

• Like 2

On 18/06/2022 at 17:17, Lord Duckhunter said:

If he died that day (classy post Old Nick BTW) we’d still be in the EU now. 

I dont believe you are above saying pretty crass things either.

We wouldn't be there now if Cameron had made the proviso that there should be a 10% difference before it was acted on. Only a few percent won the vote, even Farage conceded on the night before the final result. If he hadn't been chipping away for yours there would not have been a vote.

Any way you have your way, there will be winners and losers, but the vast majority are going to lose and that is very sad.

Osbourne says we will go back in the future. The older vote who in the main were Brexitteers are falling off the cliff and the young will be able to vote for their future, that is as long as Love Island is not on TV the night of the voting. A dumbed down nation.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Osbourne says we will go back in the future. The older vote who in the main were Brexitteers are falling off the cliff and the young will be able to vote for their future, that is as long as Love Island is not on TV the night of the voting. A dumbed down nation.

A society where celebrity is everything. I sometimes wonder whether political voting has been undermined by IACGMOOH, Love Island, X Factor et al. 

40 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Ok I agree I was wrong to say that, and unusual for me to give such an opinion, but I believe he has hurt my children and grandchildren's future massively. Someone who does that does not get my best wishes.

Perhaps not killed. Maybe horribly disfigured so that no-one would vote for him. Maybe like a frog or something. Yep looking like a frog would definitely stop him getting elected. 

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

Perhaps not killed. Maybe horribly disfigured so that no-one would vote for him. Maybe like a frog or something. Yep looking like a frog would definitely stop him getting elected. 

The great thing is that he never won a Parliamentary election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

Maybe that was his appeal? So fucking ugly he appealed to other ugly fuckers

Interesting to see that one of the main financial backers of the 'Leave' campaign (with a £9m donation), the nice Arron Banks and his Russian born wife, Katya, met with Russian Govt linked people a number of times to supposedly discuss 'business interests.
Mr Banks didnt like an article posted by the journalist Carole Cadwallader, and he sued for libel but lost.
Presumably there was no link between Mr Banks, Russia and Brexit or was there?
Why would Russia want to interfere in a vote in the UK unless it was to weaken the UK and de stabilise European  unity?
Surely they wouldnt want to do that, would they?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Interesting to see that one of the main financial backers of the 'Leave' campaign (with a £9m donation), the nice Arron Banks and his Russian born wife, Katya, met with Russian Govt linked people a number of times to supposedly discuss 'business interests.
Mr Banks didnt like an article posted by the journalist Carole Cadwallader, and he sued for libel but lost.
Presumably there was no link between Mr Banks, Russia and Brexit or was there?
Why would Russia want to interfere in a vote in the UK unless it was to weaken the UK and de stabilise European  unity?
Surely they wouldnt want to do that, would they?

No.  The Judge (and Carole) conceded that Carole had lied / made it up / was factually untrue.  Go read about it - quite bizarre.

Edited by AlexLaw76