Fan asked all 92 English clubs why he should support them and only TEN replied - here

Saint IQ

What did our lot say? "We're the masters of building up your hopes and then letting you down in exchange for filling our bank account"

If you read it you'd see what it said. But well done on being a prize ***** for a change anyway.

Everton :lol:

First club to wear numbered shirts from 1-11 (1933 FA Cup final)

First club to have a church attached to its stadium

First club to install dugouts

First club to install undersoil heating

First club to have scoreboard half time/full time facility

First club to have its own podcast

First club to have its own online social networking site.

First club to sell tickets via text message.

From the SFCUSA page

Dave Batten:

I've said it before and I'll say it again....as someone originally from Southampton, but now living in the USA, I LOVE seeing Americans choosing Southampton as their favorite team.

Growing up in Southampton, if someone told me that in a few years saints would have a legion of American fans, I'd think you were crazy, as we were just a small town team....but now I look at this and see that reality is upon us, and it is getting even bigger!

It really feels me with immense pride and I love that you guys have all chosen Southampton as your team. It doesn't matter if you've been supporting saints for 5 minutes or 50 years...we're all in it together, all equal, all loving the saints!

Big cudos to my American brothers!

What did our lot say? "We're the masters of building up your hopes and then letting you down in exchange for filling our bank account"

Looking forward to you disappearing back to whatever hole you were hidden in during the season.

I any case you don't choose which football club to support, it chooses you. You support the club nearest to your origins.

Agreed with you up until your last sentence. I was born in Chesterfield and lived in Sheffield until I was 7, then moved to Somerset and ended up at Southampton when I was 10, family never took me to football so the first time I went was to the Dell when I was about 13 and loved it, I'm 38 now and a season ticket holder with my son. I have no interest in any northern clubs, only Southampton.

I any case you don't choose which football club to support, it chooses you. You support the club nearest to your origins.

To an extent, but it's easy to say that when it applies to you. Do I support Southampton because they were my closest club? Or because my Dad had been a season ticket holder since the 1960s and took me to my first game when I was 5?

When I started following the NFL, I wanted to support a team, but due to not having any connection with anywhere in the US at that time, I had to choose one rather than it "choosing me". I suppose it's a similar situation with fans abroad following the Premier League (even though I would agree/argue the nature of the support is slightly different).

Don't you tend to support a team that is televised on a regular basis, as that way you can actually see what is going on from time to time. This guy from Serbia - is he really going to choose to support Hartlepool or Mansfield?

"From becoming one of the founder members of the football league in 1888, right through to present day when we announced a new service which allows fans to purchase match tickets through text message."

I've got a tear in my eye, here

Read the Everton reply in a high pitched scouse accent, comedy gold - and to think that we previously thought it was red side of that city that was delusional...

As you might expect the Liverpool Echo are creaming themselves over the reply!!!

Not only not true, but the last time they checked Saints had one of the most widely-scattered fanbases within the UK in the Prem.

To an extent, but it's easy to say that when it applies to you. Do I support Southampton because they were my closest club? Or because my Dad had been a season ticket holder since the 1960s and took me to my first game when I was 5?

When I started following the NFL, I wanted to support a team, but due to not having any connection with anywhere in the US at that time, I had to choose one rather than it "choosing me". I suppose it's a similar situation with fans abroad following the Premier League (even though I would agree/argue the nature of the support is slightly different).

I'm a year into my "not picking an NCAA College Football team to support" spell precisely because I have nothing specific to hang an affiliation on.

I basically became a Saints fan because the city was the right kind of distance from my home when I was looking for a University, the Avenue and the Common were green and pleasant when I arrived, and because the University seemed disorganised on their reorganised open day and did the course I wanted to do. It took time for the rest of it to happen...

I thought the best ones were (in no particular order): ours, ManU, Palace, Cambridge, Barnet.

Ipswich put a big effort in, huh?

Everton & Arsenal were just embarrassing. Everton just put up a list of shlte 'firsts' that were mainly from the 19th century, after declaring "Evertonians are born not made" (off-putting from the start! Why would you say that when inviting supporters to join?!!). Oh dear.

I actually missed th Ipswich one.

The Everton one.......

Well I suppose whoever wrote it was just trying to espouse the club they support however...... It is impossible to not read that in a high pitched scouse accent which makes it cringeworthy in the extreme.

'Here's a list of irrelevant sh!te that no one cares about'

The Arsenal one banging on about value for money... Remind me how much their season tickets are again?