Sparta Prague 1 Saints 0 - Match Thread & Melt Down

St Chalet

Fairly awful performance no spark, creativity, desire. Honestly the last three games we have looked flat, Puel needs to change things especially in the attacking third, it makes you realise HOW important Tadic is for us creating chances. Shane Long was awful, Jay Rod awful, JWP had a shocker, Clasie was barely there, Martina was woeful he had an absolute mare, even VVD had a shocker!, Redmond looked clueless on the ball, the only player coming away with any credit is Sam McQueen - Puel please buy a striker or another attacking midfielder in January.

I'm all for the rotation policy, but I really do not think it works for players like Long and Jay. They're streaky players, taking them in and out of the team will equal what we're seeing.

The lack of any ability creativley is what worried me more, we usually create openings in games but just can't finish. Tonight we were truly inept all over the pitch, 2nd half even more so.

Redmond is having a total nightmare at the moment, doesn't look like he can run. We missed Tadic, and we miss a fully firing Bouful who can carry the ball in the final third. Toothless is a fair assumption.

And let's be honest, we carried Martina tonight. He was so bad.

Not sure what to take from that. We'll probably get through, but I just feel for everyone who has been to our away games in Israel and Prague. Absolute dog ****e efforts from us.

Mate no ones enjoying it

If anything we're all just frustrated at the loss and angry at the result BECAUSE we want better.

Only one enjoying this loss is you-

I am as ****ed of as the rest of you just don`t feel the need to post it in various expletives

There are lots on here who are delighted so they can slag off all at sfc and say " i told you so...

I wish we could drop Martina, Clasie, JWP (on that performance), Long, Jay Rod, Holjberg didn't play well but I know he can play ALOT better than that. Simply put these players had a chance to put themselves in Puels mind, only McQueen came away with any credit, it was really one of the most abject Saints performance, Sparta aren't good they're a defensive side but we're simply woeful at breaking down teams..

I'm all for the rotation policy, but I really do not think it works for players like Long and Jay. They're streaky players, taking them in and out of the team will equal what we're seeing.

The lack of any ability creativley is what worried me more, we usually create openings in games but just can't finish. Tonight we were truly inept all over the pitch, 2nd half even more so.

Redmond is having a total nightmare at the moment, doesn't look like he can run. We missed Tadic, and we miss a fully firing Bouful who can carry the ball in the final third. Toothless is a fair assumption.

And let's be honest, we carried Martina tonight. He was so bad.

- Redmond seemed to only realise he could take players on in the 88th minute.

- Baffling how our best outlet in the 1st half (McQueen) was barely utilised in the 2nd.

- LOL @ Martina

It's starting to come unstuck! We cannot hit a barn door and when we do it's with a pass a toddler wouldn't struggle to keep out.

We were limp in midfield and toothless upfront, Martina and Boufal the most ineffective combination on the right wing we've had in years on that display.

There is simply no cutting edge, as soon as theyou put 10 men behind the ball we had no ideas and resorted to awful long shots by the likes of Yoshida.

Dreary result. We truly are stuck in a rut. How bad has it got that I knew throughout the whole second half I was wasting my time. We wouldn't have scored if we had 4 hours to play.

Utter shambles.

ALWAYS_SFC, you are the worst culprit on here at the moment. Browsing through a match thread is just you attacking other posters, fair enough they might be idiots, but you're falling for the bait every.single.time. You come across very dim, and you make all these threads a torture to read - not just the glasgows. And some people have him on ignore, so quoting him doesn't help.

I'm astonished you're allowed to continue to post.

There's plenty of crud posted on here and a few are guilty on a regular basis but at least they post about the game / club. You however.

I am p issed at the result but am just sick of the same moaning tools enjoying winding up others with their trolling

I am p issed at the result but am just sick of the same moaning tools enjoying winding up others with their trolling

Yeah but for once they actually have a point. And we have to admit it's not been looking great for a while now. But the difference is realists will say there is time to course correct.

- Redmond seemed to only realise he could take players on in the 88th minute.

- Baffling how our best outlet in the 1st half (McQueen) was barely utilised in the 2nd.

- LOL @ Martina

The entire 2nd half was a WTF from me, no idea what they were told to do at HT.

Martina is the modern day Telfer, but worse.

ALWAYS_SFC, you are the worst culprit on here at the moment. Browsing through a match thread is just you attacking other posters, fair enough they might be idiots, but you're falling for the bait every.single.time. You come across very dim, and you make all these threads a torture to read - not just the glasgows. And some people have him on ignore, so quoting him doesn't help.

Sorry the bloke just gets under my skin... and i get sick of the constant snidey stuff...

We were poor tonight but some of the s h it is well over the top, i dont find it funny when some thing goes wrong like some do... because it isn`t

Austin isn't a patch on Pelle, let's be honest.

Pelle was ripped apart on here most weeks. He was another streaky sort of player.

But we do miss a focal point for sure, we try to launch it but we have the likes of Redmond and Long going up for it. Never going to work.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us going back in for Haller. We need some real presence in the final third, and then I'd loan out Jay.

I am as ****ed of as the rest of you just don`t feel the need to post it in various expletives

There are lots on here who are delighted so they can slag off all at sfc and say " i told you so...

There are plenty of reactionary posts and sensationalist posters but no one actually wants to see the team get beat FFS.

Sometimes this forum is a complete waste of server space and bandwidth.

long was one of our top scorers last season as was j rod the season before that before he got injured, they have the talent

Not quite sure Jay has much anymore to be honest, pains me to say.

He needs to have a season away from us before we know for sure, coming in and out of our team isn't doing anyone any favours. I'm his biggest fan and it's sad to see him this bad.

Dreadful game, Forster looked **** and should have come out and closed the ball down for their goal. Classie, JRod, Long and Boufall are so ineffective it hurts.

My personal highlight(as there weren't many others to shout about) was Boufall doing a trick, falling over and the ball going out for a goal kick. Sums up our recent form pretty well.

That is an insult to Telfer who was solid. Cuco the CLown on the other hand.........he is just a p*** poor player who should not be anywhere near the 1st team.

Just don't see where goals are coming from. Writing was on the wall against Hull.....ponderous, slow no attacking threat and it has steadily got worse from there.

McQueen was good 1st half and that was about it. The rest were awful.....poor Austin: zero service and we are not even creating chances to miss any more.

Puel has some serious soul searching to do and a lot to put right.

I wish we could drop Martina, Clasie, JWP (on that performance), Long, Jay Rod, Holjberg didn't play well but I know he can play ALOT better than that. Simply put these players had a chance to put themselves in Puels mind, only McQueen came away with any credit, it was really one of the most abject Saints performance, Sparta aren't good they're a defensive side but we're simply woeful at breaking down teams..

All of the players you mention, except Hojbjerg, are simply not good enough; they really aren't. Long has been lost since the departure of Mane and Pelle; Rodriguez was never and will never get back to his best. Clasie has had his second season and ample opportunity but falls short and then there's Ward-Prowse, who neither holds or attacks from mid-field but continues to be "talked up".

Not quite sure Jay has much anymore to be honest, pains me to say.

He needs to have a season away from us before we know for sure, coming in and out of our team isn't doing anyone any favours. I'm his biggest fan and it's sad to see him this bad.

agreed maybe a loan to rebuild his confidence it begs the question is it confidence or fitness?

I'm astonished you're allowed to continue to post.

There's plenty of crud posted on here and a few are guilty on a regular basis but at least they post about the game / club. You however.

Spot on. Always needs to be banned ASAP.

At times life this I think, "what would leadership expert Ralph Krueger say"?

Then I remember his favourite poem:

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

All of the players you mention, except Hojbjerg, are simply not good enough; they really aren't. Long has been lost since the departure of Mane and Pelle; Rodriguez was never and will never get back to his best. Clasie has had his second season and ample opportunity but falls short and then there's Ward-Prowse, who neither holds or attacks from mid-field but continues to be "talked up".

Of all the players, I think Clasie isn't one I'd hang crtisism on. He was alright. But the midfield was full of exactly the same sort of player. Happy to recieve the ball and piviot in the centre of midfield, but really we only need one of those types...and then attackers in front of them. That's why we go sideways and backwards so often, the midfielders we have are all that sort of player.

Mate no offence but you sound like a nutter. We are dire right now. We can't score to save our lives. I'm all for positivity but how anyone can be positive about that display is nuts.

Pelle was ripped apart on here most weeks. He was another streaky sort of player.

But we do miss a focal point for sure, we try to launch it but we have the likes of Redmond and Long going up for it. Never going to work.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us going back in for Haller. We need some real presence in the final third, and then I'd loan out Jay.

Pelle was a fab player for us.

My impressions of Puel aren't great at the minute. We've been ****ing painful in attack and seem so ****ing defensive under him so far.

Forster

Cedric - Fonte - VVD - Bertrand

Romeu - Davis/PEH/Clasie

Redmond - Boufal - Tadic

Austin

That for me is how we should lineup. It's a formation we've played regularly since being back in the Premier League and has worked wonders for us.

It's so painfully frustrating to see how much we have regressed this season. We went into the summer in the strongest position this club has ever been in and still lost key players along with a good management team.

We can't keep playing Russian Roulette, we will eventually take the bullet and the signs are beginning to show.

The problem we have with Martina is that our system relies so heavily on the full backs.

It's almost like shining a Bat-signal on him when he's having a 'mare.

He was horrendous tonight.

There is no excuse for that performance.

It starts with the manager and his dour demeanor is turning us into a dour team. Slow moving the ball. playing safe in the top 3rd instead of taking risks.

Some players are gash, I mean how is Martina even a professional player? others are seriously out of form.

Everything fu_cking sucks at the moment.