Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

As Tom28 said, and it's a true, Bertrand, Cedric and Tadic have backed down on their hunt for new clubs and are really enjoying the new manager and if there was any chance of Virgil staying, they need to stay.

Virgil trained with the 1st team on Thursday for the most part. Don't know what that means. He wasn't at the ground today. Big few days/week coming up I believe.

Also, this Graeme Kelly guy isn't far off with what he says.

Do you know what, all this conditional crap from players is really ****ing boring.

As Tom28 said, and it's a true, Bertrand, Cedric and Tadic have backed down on their hunt for new clubs and are really enjoying the new manager and if there was any chance of Virgil staying, they need to stay.

Virgil trained with the 1st team on Thursday for the most part. Don't know what that means. He wasn't at the ground today. Big few days/week coming up I believe.

Also, this Graeme Kelly guy isn't far off with what he says.

Isn't this a bit contradictory, or am I missing something?

Graeme Kelly seems to be a social media mouthpiece for LFC, constantly insisting the deal is going through. He also says Saints have been keen on selling. If you're saying he's not far from the truth, this seems to directly contradict the official Saints position, which is no sale.

But you also seem to be saying there are some positives, such as back training with the first team.

I appreciate any snippets, but am confused.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Isn't this a bit contradictory, or am I missing something?

Graeme Kelly seems to be a social media mouthpiece for LFC, constantly insisting the deal is going through. He also says Saints have been keen on selling. If you're saying he's not far from the truth, this seems to directly contradict the official Saints position, which is no sale.

But you also seem to be saying there are some positives, such as back training with the first team.

I appreciate any snippets, but am confused.

Perhaps we were prepared to sell and even permitted to VVD to meet LFC's representatives (as well those from other clubs) but didn't like the subsequent way they tried to corner or strong arm us by leaking things, including VVD's determination to join them to the press.

Perhaps we were prepared to sell and even permitted to VVD to meet LFC's representatives (as well those from other clubs) but didn't like the subsequent way they tried to corner or strong arm us by leaking things, including VVD's determination to join them to the press.

Nail on head I believe

If we permitted the meetings, would we have had the basis of a complaint for tapping-up?

Shroppie, I am too with regard to him training. I understand a deal could have been done but it all came out and we got cold feet and are now wanting to hold on. Just giving what I've been told and will tell when I can.
Fair enough. Thanks for sharing.

If we permitted the meetings, would we have had the basis of a complaint for tapping-up?

I'd assume 'agent talk' to get an idea of wage demands etc.. is generally accepted. Meeting directly with the player to tell him how you are going to integrate him into the team and possibly tell him how he can try and force a move not so much.

Nail on head I believe

Nail on the head my arse. There is not a chance in hell that Liverpool would have issued THAT apology if we had given them permission. That was the most humbling arse licking, worried apology you will find in English football.

Nail on the head my arse. There is not a chance in hell that Liverpool would have issued THAT apology if we had given them permission. That was the most humbling arse licking, worried apology you will find in English football.

Yep. Giving an apology for doing something that they had permission to do makes no sense whatsoever.

Read post 5580 his agent also met city rep when we played them at st Mary's the problems came after VVD decided to meet up with klopp himself and then all the spill came out from the media Chelsea only club out of the 4 to go through the right channels

Are Liverpool about to blink?

According to this it looks as if they are going for an alternative

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/liverpool-and-juve-hope-as-serie-a-defender-refuse-to-extend-exp-67132

Lazio sound like us, everyone trying to poach their players, isn't that both their centre-backs now linked with moves and we were linked with their striker who apparently wants to go to Juve.

Read post 5580 his agent also met city rep when we played them at st Mary's the problems came after VVD decided to meet up with klopp himself and then all the spill came out from the media Chelsea only club out of the 4 to go through the right channels

That's very different from what you said "Nail on the head" too...............

Perhaps we were prepared to sell and even permitted to VVD to meet LFC's representatives (as well those from other clubs) but didn't like the subsequent way they tried to corner or strong arm us by leaking things, including VVD's determination to join them to the press

Perhaps we were prepared to sell and even permitted to VVD to meet LFC's representatives (as well those from other clubs) but didn't like the subsequent way they tried to corner or strong arm us by leaking things, including VVD's determination to join them to the press

Agree, there is no way that would happen

Edited by aintforever

I misread his post i thought it said we permitted VVD reps to meet LFC reps

Sorry, meant to quote patred44's post.

So to summarize Kelly's comments about Liverpool's contact with VVD last season were inaccurate. Like others, I have a hard time understanding why Liverpool apologized and ended their interest in a player they desperately want, if they had clean hands.

"We had permission to speak to Van Dijk in Blackpool. There were things we didn't have permission for and that's why we made the apology."

Until Kelly admits what those other 'things' were, we will never know why they apologized.

Read his twitter account .....he's just a gloried fan.

And if you believe they had permission....................

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/07/liverpool-end-virgil-van-dijk-interest-andapologise-southampton/

"Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

"We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

Read his twitter account .....he's just a gloried fan.

And if you believe they had permission....................

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/07/liverpool-end-virgil-van-dijk-interest-andapologise-southampton/

"Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

"We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

Not sure why the blokes word's are being considered as anything more than paff. Glad I don't frequent twitter yet!

Nothing earth-shattering, but Kevin Palmer writing in the Irish Independent that VVD is still training alone, and is refusing to make a transfer request:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/liverpool-target-virgil-van-dijk-refusing-to-make-the-move-that-could-break-the-deadlock-over-his-future-36003643.html

Palmer also went on to tweet "So why is Van Dijk so keen to join Liverpool....Might it be that his agent will earn more out of that move than any other?"

We have a record for selling our best players below current market value so the other PL clubs know how to deal with us now. The clubs we sold them to could make a big profit on the likes of Wanyama, Mane and Clyne if they chose to sell them.

Clyne and Wanyama were in the last years of their deal so the fees were about right, Mane was a little undervalued, I think we could have got more for him, but then I'd reckon Chambers, Morgan, Lovren and Shaw we got more for them than they were worthat the time as they have subsequently shown.

If you take into account the market inflation, Utd already made a loss on Morgan, not sure they'd get £30 million for Shaw, Arsenal are about the sell Chambers for £4 million more then they bought him (and hopefully we have a sell on clause there) which is not much considering the prices this summer and I don;t think anyone is paying £20 million for Lovren either.

Who are they playing this Monday? I thought their first fixture, in the league, was Monday 12th against Reading.
From OS

The Saints youngsters will kick-off their new Division Two campaign with a home game against their Reading counterparts on Monday 14th August 2017.

Couple of bits I heard today...

Virgil is staying, unless a ridiculous bid from anybody other than Liverpool... This isn't really news though..

Also, if we sell Virgil, Cedric and Bertrand would both force moves. Club holding firm to stop any dominoes effect.

Again, think it's common knowledge, but the players absolutely love Eric black.

Sorry if this isn't really anything extra, thought I'd share though.

Interesting comments.

Or another possibility is that we'll hold onto VVD until late in the window to limit the time Cedric and Bertrand have to make their exits.

But if they're going to be angling for a move at some stage it suggests Summer 2018 is likely to be on a par with 2014, also after a World Cup, with several looking to exit at the same time.

The Eric Black bit is the polarised opposite of what was supposed to be 'coming out of the club' last year though.

Interesting comments.

Or another possibility is that we'll hold onto VVD until late in the window to limit the time Cedric and Bertrand have to make their exits.

But if they're going to be angling for a move at some stage it suggests Summer 2018 is likely to be on a par with 2014, also after a World Cup, with several looking to exit at the same time.

The Eric Black bit is the polarised opposite of what was supposed to be 'coming out of the club' last year though.

It was only AR-10 saying that stuff about Eric Black, who was a troll on a wind-up and has since disappeared for good, thankfully.

Interesting comments.

If we gave in and sold him towards the end of the window though, we'd potentially have 2 very unhappy first team players causing a bad atmosphere in the dressing room. I honestly don't think he will go this window.

Next summer does worry me a bit, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

The Eric black stuff surprised me massively as wel. Black has a bad reputation for some reason, amongst fans over here ( my self included ).

The question asked was 'Sammy lee or Eric Black.' and they said Eric Black definitely. Didn't go into to much detail, but he's really tight with a lot of the squad and senior players in the team especially, and a '****ing good coach' to quote.

Random fact... Cederic orders in tailor made playing shorts

So there's a good chance that he might be staying then?

As long as he doesn't go to the Scousers I'll be happy.

Well lets see what happens. If Liverpool suddenly get £100m+ in their pocket, they are going to need to make 1 or 2 propaganda signings to make up for it, given all the media briefing about £60m/£70m signings arriving.

Mind you, I can see why he would want to join Liverpool.

For one thing, it's a chance to play with some of the other ex-Saints, like Mane and Lallana, who also went on to better things.

In Klopp they have a wonderful, charismatic manager, who any player would be delighted to play for.

The team themselves play extremely attractive, attacking football, which makes them one of the best sides in Europe to watch.

They're also the 5-times Champions of Europe, one of the biggest clubs in world football and have a fanbase that the Saints can only dream of.

As for Southampton, they're a midtable, nothing club, who have more chance of going down like their famous Titantic, than of actually winning any silverware.

So of course Virgil would much rather play for Liverpool.

Ps Thanks for Mane and Lallana (less so for Lovren, Clyne and Lambert, but you can't win 'em all) xx

Mind you, I can see why he would want to join Liverpool.

For one thing, it's a chance to play with some of the other ex-Saints, like Mane and Lallana, who also went on to better things.

In Klopp they have a wonderful, charismatic manager, who any player would be delighted to play for.

The team themselves play extremely attractive, attacking football, which makes them one of the best sides in Europe to watch.

They're also the 5-times Champions of Europe, one of the biggest clubs in world football and have a fanbase that the Saints can only dream of.

As for Southampton, they're a midtable, nothing club, who have more chance of going down like their famous Titantic, than of actually winning any silverware.

So of course Virgil would much rather play for Liverpool.

Ps Thanks for Mane and Lallana (less so for Lovren, Clyne and Lambert, but you can't win 'em all) xx

Please p!ss off from our forum.

I look forward to Coutinho leaving.

Forget Van Dijk. It isn't happening.