Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

TalkSport only talk about the 'big teams' because they know that they can get the United/Liverpool/Arsenal supporters living in Carlisle, Leeds and Devon to call in. On the odd occasion that they do talk about Saints, or any other club with generally local support, those who call in are sensible and normal - this is very boring radio and therefore the producers prefer to talk about things like 'Chelsea in Crisis' or 'City will stuff United' etc etc.

Hawksby and Jacobs are normally pretty good and they have a few interesting discussions about football in general - Tim Vickery is always good value for his South American coverage for example. Colin Murray, imho is probably the best sports broadcaster out there at the moment. Obviously a Liverpool supporter but not overly biased and very knowledgeable. He is criminally underused by the Beeb, although good to see he is running the show for the Football league highlights this season.

It appears that VVD is staying now, unless we receive a significant bid from Chelsea in the next couple of days.

It is quite funny to see their fans suffering in the same way with all these rumours. It must make them worry a little. Usually when Barca or Real want something bad, they get it - even more so when they have a £200m windfall to play with.

Karma and all that.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/837999/Virgil-van-Dijk-to-Liverpool-Southampton-transfer-news-gossip

The list of bygone legends predicting Virgil's move to Scousehampton grows longer by the hour, and has extended even beyond ex-Scouse players.

Quite what Stuart Pearce's information prowess is on matters like this is a mystery; probably as accurate as his penalty shooting was.

Like a few diehard remnants of the Scouse fan base, probably he hasn't been told that even Herr Von Klopp is backtracking on his chances of signing Virgil.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/837999/Virgil-van-Dijk-to-Liverpool-Southampton-transfer-news-gossip

The list of bygone legends predicting Virgil's move to Scousehampton grows longer by the hour, and has extended even beyond ex-Scouse players.

Quite what Stuart Pearce's information prowess is on matters like this is a mystery; probably as accurate as his penalty shooting was.

Like a few diehard remnants of the Scouse fan base, probably he hasn't been told that even Herr Von Klopp is backtracking on his chances of signing Virgil.

How's everything Les?

How's everything Les?

Pretty fair, I'd say. Looks like we might keep Virgil after all, or at the worst sell to Chelsea instead of the Scousers. At the most optimistic, we might even get Christensen as part of the deal. If we get the Lemina deal over the line and maybe another CB option too by the close of the window, I'd say that we had a pretty decent window, what with keeping the other players that we were rumoured to be selling.

He works for Talkshyte. Alan Brazil probably told him.

Bryan Swanson @skysports_bryan

Virgil van Dijk hands in transfer request at Southampton: "I feel I have no alternative." Full statement on #SSN

“It is with regret that I can confirm that I have today handed in a transfer request to leave Southampton Football Club.

“Unfortunately I feel I have no alternative after I was given notice of the Club's intention to impose a disciplinary sanction against me of a fine equivalent to 2 weeks wages. I will be appealing what I feel to be an unjustified sanction and their inability to follow the correct disciplinary protocol in due course.

“Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge.

“I am incredibly ambitious and want to achieve as much as I possibly can to fulfil my potential in what is a very short career as a professional footballer. I want to play European football again and challenge for major honours and as such I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist.”

DGo6Bu2XoAAR3qa.jpg

DGo6R5VXYAEWclK.jpg

DGo6fH-XUAA-rWN.jpg

A shame he didn't inform the Board and manager of his wish to move in at the time he signed a new six year contract.

I have no sympathy. He's still trying to make out Saints are the bad guys when he's the one reneging on his contract.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So, he never went "on strike" then....?

yep, he didn't go on strike, we are just fining him for going on strike for...no reason at all.

Total ****house. Club need to stick to their guns, impose the fine and remove the captaincy from him.

Pretty fair, I'd say. Looks like we might keep Virgil after all, or at the worst sell to Chelsea instead of the Scousers. At the most optimistic, we might even get Christensen as part of the deal. If we get the Lemina deal over the line and maybe another CB option too by the close of the window, I'd say that we had a pretty decent window, what with keeping the other players that we were rumoured to be selling.

Would go along with that. Do you think we'll bring in another CB, even if VVD stays? How long do you think it'll take to reintegrate into VVD into the side, assuming he stays? With the likely signing of Lemina, will we look to sell one of our midfielders to cut possible bloat?

EDIT: Just seen VVD's bridge-burning statement.

There been nothing I'm aware of concerning a refusal to train. MP made it clear he'd asked him to train away from the first team until his head was right.

Maybe the fine was to do with refusing to take part in the photo shoot?

So, he never went "on strike" then....?

Was probably half arsing it in training.

Incredible ambitious, wants a new challenge and to play european football again, yet signed a 6 year contract a year ago. C**t.

Also interesting about the rebuffing of multiple top clubs, so it's not Liverpool or nothing then. Hope we stick to our guns.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/15458845.Van_Dijk_submits_transfer_request/

"Saints were unavailable for comment, though the Daily Echo understands they knew the move was a possibility and doesn’t change their position."

Excellent. He's still being convinced by his agent that he can control the situation. He can't.

Although, if we get a decent offer from Man C or Chelsea, don't think there's much doubt we'll take it. No sure about Liverpool though.

Time to hear from big Les then!!!! As far as I am aware, nobody said he refused to train, MP said he didn't want him as part of set up as his mind was elsewhere! be honest Virg, you head was turned by your **** of an agent looking to line his pocket! footballers greed never ceases to amaze me!!
This. And as for a fine being unfair, when his behaviour is undermining the cohesion of the club, it clearly isn't.

What a time to lose our best player, just before the season starts! We behave like a feeder to Liverpool, if he goes there, they'll be laughing hard at us.

You make it sound like t hasn't been on the cards for almost 6 months. [emoji23]