Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I suspect that the loyalty payment for 2016/17 would have been paid already.

It's difficult to know exactly what any player would get should a transfer take place but the standard is that he would get 5% of the fee however that isn't paid if a transfer request is put in. The player would continue to be paid in accordance with the contract and whilst a club can fine a player up to two weeks wages that usually does little to resolve matters.

I am not sure about the 6 year contract is as straight forward as we are led to believe as the maximum normally allowable, and stated in FIFA rules is 5 years.

Moving on to outrage that so many seem to be voicing about he wanting out then dare I say look at the clubs actions with regard to the last manger. Sign a 3 year deal buy hey after 1 it's bye bye? Doesn't it smack a bit of double standards?

Scouse alert?

I am not sure about the 6 year contract is as straight forward as we are led to believe as the maximum normally allowable, and stated in FIFA rules ?

Get prepared for mlg to rip you a new one on that one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing has changed.....

VVD still wants to move.

We don't want to sell (well that's what we say publically, but realistically if someone bids our valuation he's gone).

We still don't want to and won't deal with the victims.

The only thing thats changed is we now get a couple of million (or whatever it is) of the scum bag, because he's finally plucked up the courage to put it in writing.

Who's won out of today's situation....? I'd say we have.

Ericb is right though, the board are in a very difficult situation as they don't want to look weak to other players.

Hold firm, Les. £75m and not to the victims or you rot, Virgil you snowflake.

Absolutely this!!!

Before jumping on the bloke, put yourself in his position. If tomorrow somebody would pay you 2, 3 or 4x your current salary. What would you do? Answer that question honestly.

I am disappointed at the situation but we've been here so many times I'm resigned to it now. Best case is that he does a Wanyama, we get half or one more season out of him then get loads of money with a replacement lined up. That is football nowadays, I hate it too that is how it is.

Different jobs have different contracts and terms of how/when one can change their place of employment. For example: all those people currently serving in the British armed forces, if they were to be offered a new job at 2, 3 or 4 times their current salary would have to submit 12 months' (yes, one whole year) notice to leave the military. It is something they were aware of when they signed their contracts.

van Djck was well aware, when he signed his contract last year, under what terms and conditions he would be allowed to move on - if such an event was to occur. i.e. that any club wanting him would have to go through the proper channels, and meet our asking price, before they would be permitted to speak to him and offer said 2, 3 or 4 times salary.

Yes, he is human like all of us; which means, like all of us, when you have been caught with your trousers down, trying to be clever and sly, you need to accept the consequences of your actions.

If when fit a player doesn't feature in 10% of a clubs first team games the player at seasons end is able to cancel his Contract and leave for free.

Gone are the day when you can punish a player in such a way. The reality is that when a player wants out for whatever reason it rarely works out well to keep them you are best rid of them and move on as quickly as possible.

There is no way that Southampton can afford to potentially write off tens of millions nor will the owners be looking to do so. The transfer request really is the final nail . It's timings and the associated statement is all part of a planned strategy and whilst we don't know what's gone on behind closed doors or indeed what the players representatives know but he will be gone before 31/8

Not ITK bit heard from a friend of a friend, but he was house shopping in Alderley and Bowden (Cheshire) in January after meetings with City, but he messed them around after being close to a deal which is why they're not coming in for him now.

If when fit a player doesn't feature in 10% of a clubs first team games the player at seasons end is able to cancel his Contract and leave for free.

Gone are the day when you can punish a player in such a way. The reality is that when a player wants out for whatever reason it rarely works out well to keep them you are best rid of them and move on as quickly as possible.

There is no way that Southampton can afford to potentially write off tens of millions nor will the owners be looking to do so. The transfer request really is the final nail . It's timings and the associated statement is all part of a planned strategy and whilst we don't know what's gone on behind closed doors or indeed what the players representatives know but he will be gone before 31/8

**** off

So Einstein, if the offer comes in tens of millions less than it should or what is wanted, the club should just accept it and write it off hey?

Like it except we don`t sell him for any price, we cannot give in to this

Don't always agree with you but I 100% do on this. The whole point of what he has done is to cause a ****storm so fans think 'get rid', which means he gets what he wants and the contract he signed means **** all. He gets his move, we end up with a lot of money which half will probably be reinvested in the team. But then it opens the door for every single player to do the exact same thing. From top to bottom the way he has behaved has been disgusting. Especially when you take into account he has collected money from us for the past 8 months for doing nothing. People complain about players and how it's changed football but the club's can stop it in an instant. Simply say no.

My take on the VVD situation...

Many fans of football say that contracts mean nothing these days and in many ways they are right. However, when you sign players up to 6 year contracts you do regain some of the power from the players and the SFC board have to be applauded for this. So why when only 6 months into his new 6 years contract was he actively looking to move.

Wanting to leave after being at the club only two years is exactly the same as he did at Celtic so if you're looking at going to Liverpool please don't give it "going for the trophies". (as has previously been reported) Ask Adam Lallana, Nathaniel Clyne, Dejan Lovren, Ricky Lambert and Sadio Mane how many trophies they have won since they left Southampton. Basically it all comes down to money! That's the reason he left Celtic, and that's the reason he wants to leave Southampton.

Going forward I hope that SFC and the board stay strong on this. Refuse to sell. Simple as! Let's see how he feels on September the 2nd when his mind isn't right to be playing. Remember Virgil..... It's a World Cup Year!

If he must go that it has to be a MASSIVE bid. VVD will now have lost his 10% slice of the fee now but we still have to give Celtic 10%. He's far far better a player than John Stones and Kyle Walker so any bid has to be in excess of £75m. And please..... Not to Liverpool! He's far too good for them. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City etc. Basically teams who WILL be challenging to win the Champions League and their respective leagues. Not a team whose only realistic hope is to "get into the top four"

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

you must be from Liverpool, that first sentence is desperate and stupid enough it's beyond words.

I need confirmation of this first paragraph. Never heard that before. And I'm sure that it wouldn't apply anyway if the player had been selected but refused to play, so I'm thinking this is gibberish.

And Scouse gibberish too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

VVD has behaved pretty badly but the dye is cast now and SFC need to take a cool headed business view.

Sell to the highest bidder even if that is 'Pool and invest in some decent potential. VVD is bad for morale so shift him and go back to the black box.

"it is with regret" :lol: What a despicable lying grade A c*nt.

Heart - Let him rot a year.

Head - Fine. Then sell (only because I literally can't see him playing for us again now - crowd, board relations, etc).

Virgil Van Gina about sums him up.

So, who are you signing to replace Coutinho?

Don't see what advantage he's gained by making the transfer request?

Puts the ball back in Saints court, and makes it 'public', if it wasn't already.

Timing is remarakble, coming a few hours after Klopp is reported as saying he may not be in the market for CB anyway.

First time I have ever heard that rule. Sounds like horse shyte to me.

FIFA Article 18. Special provisions relating to contracts between professionals and clubs

The minimum length of a contract shall be from its effective date until the end of the season, while the maximum length of a contract shall be five years.

My understanding is that if there is provision within respective FAs rules to have a longer contract it can happen but if it were then I suspect then the vast majority players that go for big fees would likewise sign six year deals. Players like Lukaku signed a 5 year deal with a year option.

Mr VVD, I think we are miles apart on what constitutes a 'proud professional'

I am insulted that if Mr Vardy had ended your career this 'proud' club would have honoured the 6 year deal you signed last May.

A contract you now wish to walk away from because you and your agent want a pay day.

Captain Material ? ..... My aaarse

The part that made me laugh was when he mentioned having the time, while injured and supported and paid by us, to reflect on his career and deciding he wanted to move away. While WE supported him through his injury he was busy deciding he didn't want to be at SFC any more. The cheeky ****.

I suspect that the loyalty payment for 2016/17 would have been paid already.

It's difficult to know exactly what any player would get should a transfer take place but the standard is that he would get 5% of the fee however that isn't paid if a transfer request is put in. The player would continue to be paid in accordance with the contract and whilst a club can fine a player up to two weeks wages that usually does little to resolve matters.

I am not sure about the 6 year contract is as straight forward as we are led to believe as the maximum normally allowable, and stated in FIFA rules is 5 years.

Moving on to outrage that so many seem to be voicing about he wanting out then dare I say look at the clubs actions with regard to the last manger. Sign a 3 year deal buy hey after 1 it's bye bye? Doesn't it smack a bit of double standards?

Isn't the point with Puel that he was let go due to poor performance? You don't keep a manager that you don't believe is capable due to loyalty.

Dear Virgil Van Dijk

So, you've finally come out and shown your true colours in public then (although judging by the wording of the statement, I seriously doubt you wrote it yourself).

Of course, you are just the innocent victim in all this, aren't you. I mean, what sort of awful employer would reward your good work with an improved and extended contract, with a handsome signing fee, and giving you the captaincy. what absolute assholes Saints FC must be to do that.

So you've been in pain and anguish over this horrible treatment, while getting paid an already ridiculous salary while not having to do any work at all for the last six months. Oh what a crying shame. really, my heart bleeds for you. I mean, you earn far more money than most of us fans will ever dream of. The money that exists in football now means that you and your fellow PL pros live in a completely different universe from the rest of us. All because you have a bit of talent for kicking a leather ball around.

But apparently that's not good enough for you now. You are so sad and desperate to leave us for greener pastures, despite the fact that the club have not received a single bid for you from another employer as yet. I wonder how that could have happened? You broke the rules of the league when you decide to go and meet with another potential suitor. Now you may not have realised that it was against the rules, in which case you're an idiot. Or perhaps you did know, but didn't care, in which case you're just a c*nt.

When you signed that contract last year, you waived certain rights, such as the right to demand whatever move away you wanted. You may have a bloated sense of your own importance, but you are in actual fact just an asset of Southampton FC, and with the number of years remaining on your contract that you were very happy to sign, that means the club holds all the aces here. If you think your little sob story and transfer request changes anything then you are seriously mistaken. If the club do not received a bid from another club that matches it's valuation of your services, then they don't have to agree to anything. I'm so very sorry if you don't like that.

As a longtime fan of Saints, through thick and thin, may I express to you what most of our fans are now thinking - that you please just F*** off and stick your self pity up your a*se, you greedy, self-important pr*ck.

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for saving me the trouble of writing it myself.

What a total cluster**** this situation is and for what? To keep a player that doesnt even want to play for the club...

Should have sold his ass months ago cause everybody saw this coming, who gives a **** how good someone is or isnt... The club makes Virgil way bigger then he really is, no player on earth is worth all this nonsense.

I said this from the beginning, just sell him and move on.

OK I should've said if somebody offered to triple your salary with another 4 year contract. In 4 years you would earn double what you would've earned originally.

He could do an ACL in a month's time and never play again. He has to think about his and his families future. Good for you for showing loyalty but I don't think many people could HONESTLY say they would do they same and personally I think he be mad not to.

Don't you think he's earned enough money to guarantee his family's future already? I and a lot of people I know would never treat my employer like that, ever. That's the trouble with life now, everyone just ****s on everyone else just for money.

Why is that so many people think that football players are incapable of having another career when they hang their boots up, be it when time calls or prematurely?

Why would they need another career anyway? By the time they hang up, anyone who has played at a decent level is a millionaire. They can buy up some property, go into pudintry, coaching. It's a short career, yes, but it's very well paid and much more than I'll get in my entire 50 year career.

To be honest, if VVD was told today that he'll never play again, he'll still end up a millionaire.

You could say the statement is well scripted by wasserman and designed to wind everyone up and its done the job. However, we know that this transfer request changes nothing as VVD would have needed to give up any current contract money to move anyway. The club now clearly needs to refuse the transfer request and highlight his newly signed contract and that they expect him to be available for selection etc etc

What a total cluster**** this situation is and for what? To keep a player that doesnt even want to play for the club...

Should have sold his ass months ago cause everybody saw this coming, who gives a **** how good someone is or isnt... The club makes Virgil way bigger then he really is, no player on earth is worth all this nonsense.

I said this from the beginning, just sell him and move on.

Completely agree, its become a side show, a distraction, an unwanted circus.

Cut ties, Ferguson did it with Beckham when he became a side show and squad disrupter, despite him being one of the biggest players in the world at the time.

We are past the point of return, it serves the club and the squad no benefit having him around.

Take the money, move on, lets have players who want to be here playimg for us.

We've got Van Dijk

What a stupid pr*ck

I just don't think you understand

He's Wasserman's man

And had his head turned like Koeman

We've got a simpleton pr*ck

Nah, to take it on from a poster a couple of days ago... the we're not selling version...

We've got Van Dijk

The ****er's gone on strike

He just doesn't seem to understand

It's a six year plan

And he's Pellegrino's man

**** you Virgil van Dijk

Completely agree, its become a side show, a distraction, an unwanted circus.

Cut ties, Ferguson did it with Beckham when he became a side show and squad disrupter, despite him being one of the biggest players in the world at the time.

We are past the point of return, it serves the club and the squad no benefit having him around.

Take the money, move on, lets have players who want to be here playimg for us.

When Ferguson sold Beckham it showed that the club was bigger than any one player. To sell Van Dijk to Liverpool now would show that the player is bigger than our club.

Almost speechless at the VVD statement.

Part of me wants the club to say you are going nowhere but I can't sit on the terraces knowing that this cock is wearing our famous red and white shirt.

It will divide the fans as so many will want to boo him for 90 minutes which will kill the morale of the team.