Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Nah, to take it on from a poster a couple of days ago... the we're not selling version...

We've got Van Dijk

The ****er's gone on strike

He just doesn't seem to understand

It's a six year plan

And he's Pellegrino's man

**** you Virgil van Dijk

I'll give you that one, at least you're pronouncing his surname properly :)

Don't you think he's earned enough money to guarantee his family's future already? I and a lot of people I know would never treat my employer like that, ever. That's the trouble with life now, everyone just ****s on everyone else just for money.

I call complete bull**** on that. If you can get a better job (well the dream job that you have been dreaming about since a little kid) and like triple your wages etc you are gone tomorrow, just like anyone else on earth.

No offense but anyone who says they wouldn't do this or that are full of ****. Unless you have been in that position you can only speculate what you would do but 99% of the people on earth take the job and the money so good chance you would probably do the same.

First time I have ever heard that rule. Sounds like horse shyte to me.

It's sporting just clause, in FIFA rules. Never heard of a footballer take it on and difficult to prove. Schweinsteiger could have taken that route but didn't.

Generally the standard length is 3 years as after that, players can buy (or the new club) out the remaining length to move on.

I still don't think van Dijk would have a problem playing for us in September. Everything in football now is dictated by agents. They're desperate for him to move, so are advising him to do all this. Yeah, I'm sure if VVD could just turn up and play for anyone, it wouldn't be us, and he probably is feeling a little gutted about how things are going, but not to the extent that is being played out here. Ultimately, IF he was still here in September, his agent is going to realise him being in the reserves isn't good for anyone, and will instruct him to get back in the team.
Her would have little choice but to play for us. And you're correct, it would probably be put down as "VvD being given poor advice", fans wouldn't think twice about it. At the end of the day agents are just faceless people who, though despised, don't mind taking the sh it, content in the knowledge that another big payday is just around the corner.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

We paid £13 million for him, that's all we are owed if we take a stance. Let the cry baby rot in the reserves with multiple fines and an on hand psychologist to improve his 'mindset'.

exactly , all this talk of £70m hasn't been backed by any bids , let him rot

We paid £13 million for him, that's all we are owed if we take a stance. Let the cry baby rot in the reserves with multiple fines and an on hand psychologist to improve his 'mindset'.

Pretty much agree with this.

Stick him in the reserves. Time to make a stand.

I call complete bull**** on that. If you can get a better job (well the dream job that you have been dreaming about since a little kid) and like triple your wages etc you are gone tomorrow, just like anyone else on earth.

No offense but anyone who says they wouldn't do this or that are full of ****. Unless you have been in that position you can only speculate what you would do but 99% of the people on earth take the job and the money so good chance you would probably do the same.

Perhaps I feel a little bit of loyalty to the company who has paid me and looked after me as an employee for a number of years. Maybe I'm wrong, the modern way of life treating everyone like crap just for more money seems the way forward but I wasn't brought up to disrespect and treat other humans like some piece of rubbish in an alleyway. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Just asking....will you be a Dutch Scouse in a week or so ��

Dear Virgil Van Dijk

So, you've finally come out and shown your true colours in public then (although judging by the wording of the statement, I seriously doubt you wrote it yourself).

Of course, you are just the innocent victim in all this, aren't you. I mean, what sort of awful employer would reward your good work with an improved and extended contract, with a handsome signing fee, and giving you the captaincy. what absolute assholes Saints FC must be to do that.

So you've been in pain and anguish over this horrible treatment, while getting paid an already ridiculous salary while not having to do any work at all for the last six months. Oh what a crying shame. really, my heart bleeds for you. I mean, you earn far more money than most of us fans will ever dream of. The money that exists in football now means that you and your fellow PL pros live in a completely different universe from the rest of us. All because you have a bit of talent for kicking a leather ball around.

But apparently that's not good enough for you now. You are so sad and desperate to leave us for greener pastures, despite the fact that the club have not received a single bid for you from another employer as yet. I wonder how that could have happened? You broke the rules of the league when you decide to go and meet with another potential suitor. Now you may not have realised that it was against the rules, in which case you're an idiot. Or perhaps you did know, but didn't care, in which case you're just a c*nt.

When you signed that contract last year, you waived certain rights, such as the right to demand whatever move away you wanted. You may have a bloated sense of your own importance, but you are in actual fact just an asset of Southampton FC, and with the number of years remaining on your contract that you were very happy to sign, that means the club holds all the aces here. If you think your little sob story and transfer request changes anything then you are seriously mistaken. If the club do not received a bid from another club that matches it's valuation of your services, then they don't have to agree to anything. I'm so very sorry if you don't like that.

As a longtime fan of Saints, through thick and thin, may I express to you what most of our fans are now thinking - that you please just F*** off and stick your self pity up your a*se, you greedy, self-important pr*ck.

What a load of cringeworthy bo llocks.

Well that's interesting. Not sure where that puts us with Patrick Roberts.

Tapping up goes on though, generally speaking. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent or himself spoke to City or Chelsea, that wouldn't surprise me to be honest. What Liverpool did was a lot more orchestrated and in my eyes they went over the line of 'standard' tapping up. They manipulated our player, made promises and guarantees to a player who wasn't under contract with them, weakened our selling position and have now left us with a very unhappy captain. As I said earlier, if we have evidence, throw it to the PL - nothing to hold back on. Then sell him to City or Chelsea.

ah well. He is going

Admirable effort from Saints

But sell for £60m+ and Buy 2x starting quality CBs as well as this chap from Juve.....and lets move on

we can still be top of the net spend table and retain that particular trophy

His statement refereed to interested clubs, rather than club. Hopefully he isn't just set on Liverpool and we can sell him else where for the fee we want. The club will still come out of this well unless he is sold to liverpool.

How come Virgil has omitted from his statement the fact that he sneaked off to Blackpool some time ago to meet personally with Mr Klopp and discussed wages, tactics and what his role will be at Anfield?

All of this, of course, was without Southampton FC's knowledge. Hardly the actions of an "honest professional with integrity" is it?

His statement refereed to interested clubs, rather than club. Hopefully he isn't just set on Liverpool and we can sell him else where for the fee we want. The club will still come out of this well unless he is sold to liverpool.

Funny that after ol klippity said he is ok with his defensive options

he had to say clubs in the plural rather than club otherwise everyone would know who he meant so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Its difficult as we obviously want to avoid any further players leaving, but obviously we are sitting on a player worth 70ish million.

Saints really need to stand firm here if we want to keep our better players as this will happen, as we have seen, more and more.

As much as Id love to see him rot in the ressies for the next year or so I think we need to stand firm and suggest that IF our asking price is met then we will talk, if not then he stays.

70m gets us a top AM and CB.

Out of interest, was there a particular reason for him releasing a statement other than to try and portray himself as the good guy in all this and Saints as sinners?

Response to the club for supposedly fining him for not willing to play.

You cannot compare a 'Normal' persons job with a Premier League players wages so the analogy just isn't at all justified.

I really do wish people would give it a rest with this 'career's short', 'could be over at any moment' tripe. I'd hazard a guess that he has already made more money by the age of 26 than 50% of people do in their entire lives (and that's being conservative in my estimations). If he invested wisely he'd never have to work properly again if he retired tomorrow. Even if his career was ended by injury it's not as if he would have nothing else to go to or be left destitute. He would just have to, God forbid, get a job until he's normal retirement age.

The fact is most people would obviously want to earn more money, but the point still remains about behaving the right way relative to your position; and he is an incredibly fortunate young man behaving like an absolutely odious little c*nt. There is just no way you can objectively compare his wanting to earn more money with a 'normal' person wanting to earn more money. His 'more' is nowhere near as life changing as a 'normal' person's more; because the baseline is so much higher.

Neither of you answered my question!

If tomorrow somebody came to YOU and said they would triple your salary for 4 years, allowing you to maximise your earning potential, giving your children the best life you can possibly provide for them, what would YOU do?

Where was our supporter's and club's loyalty when it came to sacking Puel? Double standards I think? We didn't get European football, sack the manager. Player wants to (and is good enough) to play European football, he's not allowed to do anything about it.

I don't understand why people think he owes us anything. We didn't rescue him from a raft drifting at sea or give him a job when nobody else would. He has a contract to play football for us, that's it!

I think there are parallels with Gatlin winning the 100m the other day. He got his deserved boos and most people think he shouldn't have been running but the system and the law allows it, why would he not turn up to race? The system in football is broken, it makes me sick to the point I am numbed by what goes on nowadays but I don't blame an abitious man for wanting the best for himself and his family and taking every opportunity that comes his way.

Thing is with Mané we set a 2 year precedent - that you do well here, you can leave after that time. VVD will believe that he's as talented as Mané and he can do the same.

But Mane didn't sign the new long term contract we offered. If VVD had turned it down, things would be completely different--although we might still have expected one more year since he originally signed a five year contract rather than a four year contract.

If tomorrow somebody came to YOU and said they would triple your salary for 4 years, allowing you to maximise your earning potential, giving your children the best life you can possibly provide for them, what would YOU do?

Where was our supporter's and club's loyalty when it came to sacking Puel? Double standards I think? We didn't get European football, sack the manager. Player wants to (and is good enough) to play European football, he's not allowed to do anything about it.

I don't understand why people think he owes us anything. We didn't rescue him from a raft drifting at sea or give him a job when nobody else would. He has a contract to play football for us, that's it!

I think there are parallels with Gatlin winning the 100m the other day. He got his deserved boos and most people think he shouldn't have been running but the system and the law allows it, why would he not turn up to race? The system in football is broken, it makes me sick to the point I am numbed by what goes on nowadays but I don't blame an abitious man for wanting the best for himself and his family and taking every opportunity that comes his way.

Wow, I pretty much given up with this place years ago...but this is actually quite a sensible post...i'm almost on shock.

Phrase the question and the options..

What should the board do with regards to VVD?

1) Sell to Liverpool for £70m

2) Sell to anyone else but Liverpool if offered £60m

3) If options 1 and 2 cannot be fulfilled, sell for less just to get shot of a bad influence

4) Let him rot for rest of contract, even if it affects how much we have to spend

Something like this should be a poll maybe?

If anyone else has other options please add by all means

Edited by nta786

This has nothing to do with his family at all. He already earns mega money that allows him and his family to live a life of luxury. An extra 100k a week won't change that.

Nobody on here begrudges a player's ambition and their desire to compete at the highest level, but others have done that in a way that is respectful to his current employer.

What should the board do with regards to VVD?

1) Sell to Liverpool for £70m

2) Sell to anyone else but Liverpool if offered £60m

3) If options 1 and 2 cannot be fulfilled, sell for less just to get shot of a bad influence

4) Let him rot for rest of contract, even if it affects how much we have to spend

If anyone else has other options please add by all means

Shoot him.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Got no issue with him wanting to move to a bigger club (which Liverpool obviously are) and better himself, but it's the way he and that club have gone about it which results in so much animosity.

You answered the question yourself, he has a contract and as such should honour it unless we choose to release him from it.