FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Norwich away. Yawn.

lickierambert

what is the bet Liverpool and United are still the televised games

havent uniteds last 70 fa cup fixtures been televised or something?

reckon west ham game and man united game will.

we got a boring draw ffs, wanted some random one though :(

play redmond + u21s and second xi for this one.

mccarthy

martina yoshida stephens mcqueen

reed

jwp steven davis

redmond long sims

bench: forster, vvd, bertrand, romeu, PEH, tadic, Austin

that would be the team id play against norwich, considering the liverpool semifinal- still think that team is strong enough to beat them even away from home + bench strong enough if needed!

If we can't put out a team to win at Carrow Road, it could be argued we aren't entitled to be in the Premier League. That doesn't mean Puel can select an under-23 team and still expect to win but he has enough quality in the first team squad to put out a capable top-level side that should be too good for any Championship team.

Lets hope for a draw and then get them back here for a replay.

I'd hate for us to have a week without a midweek match.

I would also be in favour of that. We're in danger of having a week off if we're not careful.

31st Dec - West Bromwich (H)

2nd Jan - Everton (A)

7th Jan - Norwich (A)

11th Jan - Liverpool (H)

14th Jan - Burnley (A)

18th Jan - Norwich replay

22nd Jan - Leicester (H)

25th Jan - Liverpool (A)

28th Jan - FA Cup 4th round

31st Jan - Swansea (A)

Could be an expensive month for Saints fans, don't think we'll take many to Norwich.

I'm hoping Friday's Europa league draw will be more interesting (if we are still in it)

Slight exaggeration, but not massive. Believe it's actually around 45? So no wonder they get all those glory hunting fans.

Had to look it up once I'd thought about it. Turns out it's actually 54 at present, if their 3rd round tie is televised as is likely, it'll be 55.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/remembered-when-tv-darlings-manchester-united-ruined-fa-cup

Happy days....really fond memories of the 5-4 win up at Carrow Road with the MLT hattrick after being down and out and Ken Monkous goal to start the fightback.

Great escape year and was a local game before me just before leaving the Air Force.

Ken Monkou scored the winner in the 90th minute, best away game I've ever been to.

Ken Monkou scored the winner in the 90th minute, best away game I've ever been to.

Yep, memory playing tricks with me! I remember the whole away end going completely mental and a mass bundle/surge when Monkou scored and we made the front page of the Echo with the photo they took of the crowd celebrating/going mental.

What a game - when we were losing 3-1 and looked done relegation would have been all but assured but that mental game gave us the belief to go on and stay up somehow.

And yet today, we have huge amounts of posters whinging because we don't win any game. Back in the 90s, out style of play was poor, results were terrible but (Branfoot aside) I don't remember any mass grumblings over where we were, etc.

What a load of old bollix.

Was hoping for a home game as that is likely to be my weekend for a trip darn sarf to see my mum whilst i'm on hols in UK.

Norwich is a ***** to get to as well, and tickets prob may not make Membership.

Surely you're joking..?

Surely you're joking..?

Maybe It's because I'm Old School and actually still think that the FA Cup is still something to get excited about and an away tie was always a big attraction and great day out. :blush:

Depending how many tickets we get I guess it should make Membership, but it's still a bollix of a place to get to and back.

Newport County would be fun for The9

As it is I'm torn between Norwich away and staying with the mates we spent last new year with, or a possible Liverpool v Newport tie which has never happened before but also happens to be a whole two weeks before Liverpool v Saints in the EFL Cup semi. I can't actually work out what I want from the tv times tbh, can't imagine there's a way to do both even if they spread the games from Friday to Monday as I have no leave left unless Saints go out of Europe on Thursday.

For **** sake!! There were some cracking games left in there and we got Norwich.

We got the hardest team left in the last 10 in the pot, the next best was Rotherham at the bottom of the Championship (which would have been great for me as I haven't been). Though at the point we got drawn the selection of remaining sides was awesomely bad! :D

I'm hoping Friday's Europa league draw will be more interesting (if we are still in it)

Europa League draw isn't until Monday lunchtime. I've had to block out two hours of my working day highly suspiciously due to the decidedly annoying scheduling.

Europa League draw isn't until Monday lunchtime. I've had to block out two hours of my working day highly suspiciously due to the decidedly annoying scheduling.

I'll console myself with the lack of Europa draw by tuning in for the CheckaTrade Trophy draw instead, we'll be in the hat as Southampton and Reading due to that game being postponed until Dec 21st. Still on for 3 Wembley finals this season.

For those worried about getting Norwich tickets this game will definitely make general sale. We didn't even sell out in the Premier League last season when saints subsidised tickets.

Fairly clear that the club aren't overly happy with the pricing, judging by the wording of both the article on the OS and the linking tweets/Facebook posts.

Think we'll be in for some stiff prices at Liverpool as well if this guide is anything to go by

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/domestic-cup-prices-2016-17

We'll struggle to take much more than 1500 to Norwich in my opinion.

Think we'll be in for some stiff prices at Liverpool as well if this guide is anything to go by

I would have thought that both clubs agreed a pricing strategy before we announced details for the 1st leg. It would be disgraceful if it cost saints travelling fans twice as much as it cost Liverpool's away support

Leeds were charged £25-28 for their quarter-final at Anfield, so would expect ours will be around the same price.

I would have thought that both clubs agreed a pricing strategy before we announced details for the 1st leg. It would be disgraceful if it cost saints travelling fans twice as much as it cost Liverpool's away support

Let's hope they don't forget their fans only paid £20 at St Mary's for the Premier League game too. But this is the scousers we're talking about.

Be lucky to shift half of those tickets for Norwich.

Given that every club has charged us the maximum £30 whilst we have charged £20 I wouldn't be surprised.

All this £30 cap has done is increased everyone's price to £30.