Saints 1 Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1 - Match & Meltdown Thread

St Chalet

:mcinnes: FFS - how is it his fault the club didn't buy a decent striker in the summer before he joined?

He sets us out to play in this negative, boring, conservative way. It's tedious and there's nothing telling him we have to play like that even if we do have poor options up front.

Can see Puel getting fired this season if Prem results slump too.

This draw is proabably the best thing to have happened for our Prem results. Amongst all the players in the squad there surely must be a best XI but Puel says he doesn't know which players that consists of. If departing the Europa League means that Puel ends the dire rotation policy he will have to find his best XI. An unchanged team (or realistically, minimal changes) has often been the secret of success for many clubs.

So, cheer up everyone. A good night.

Pretty average really - which is what we are I guess, a lower to mid table average side. Really quite sad that VvD (who won't be here for very long) is not only our best defender, but also our best striker as well.

Hate to say it - but I think boro will do us as well - we are pretty rotten right now.

It must be said that if you don't try and win, you don't deserve to win. Extremely disappointing result. Will be interesting to see what becomes of this team without having the whole rotation concept hanging over them. Would want to be putting some strong (relatively of course) teams in the cups too I would hope!

Well it is gonna have to be all out for the League Cup (and FA Cup I guess) if we want Europe again.

It won't happen through the league.

Then again, why bother qualifying for Europe if it leads to disappointment and heartbreak like tonight.

Awful.

We have had far too many of these types of results tonight, just spineless performances where we have all ball no end product.

Right, it's over. They need to find some form in the league ASAP or the disappointment felt at going out of that will pale into insignificance as we flirt with relegation. Forwards are not good enough. Period. We need to be hitting the net as that back four wheats makes a mistake. They're make my me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe we limped out like that!

Where is the passion from the players? Yes the manager sets us up, but have some bravery to take the game to the opposition. So frustrating, did they not realise the opportunity they have of playing European football.

Redmond is not good enough, but I will say one thing for him, at least he bloody tries.

What a waste of an opportunity! Came down to desire, there wasn't nearly enough from our side.

We need to get rid of Puel now before we get sucked into a relegation fight. This manager is totally negative and doesn't have a clue, but the players he has are just as useless. Been supporting this club for a long time and have never felt so depressed about the lack of attacking and goals. Something has to change and fast.

Hence why I never wanted him at SFC. So dull to watch - Le Branfoot he should be called. If it takes us 3 years to get rid of him like it did Branfoot, we are in big trouble.

Squad needs a right good shake up. Get some of the samey midfielders on their bike and free up cash to get in some pace and power up front.

Sunday now is a MUST WIN GAME

A very poor Middlesbrough side. They have to bounce back from this. Lets come together, concentrate on the league and get to January ASAP to bring in a striker

A keeper who concedes the first opposition shot + a strike force who can't score = dooooooooomed

We are always going to lose games, but this performance after losing to Palace - the worst form team in the known universe - is pathetic.

Can we please at least have a shot once in a while.

The whole dynamic of the club has negatitive connotations right now. The team is playing poorly, the club is up for sale, player's using the media to voice their contract issues, historical youth team player abuse not to mention the Erik Black situation.

As Ronan would say, life is a rollercoaster, and the trend is downwards right now. Very.

Nice fans must've hated that 4th place.

Puel is a good manager but we are obviously lacking in the attacking department and that is probably the fault of Les Reed.

The stats speak for themselves - we lack goals. We need a striker and an attacking midfielder.

We got into numerous positions which were good for us but it all broke down in the final third.

BUY A STRIKER PLEASE LES REED. PLEASE!

LOL, just LOL

90 minutes of utter crap and then right at the very end we very nearly go and win it.

Scenes if we had scored then.

Oh well, concentrate on the EFL Cup.

We have absolutely no chance, we will get ripped a new one, big time.

We need to get rid of Puel now before we get sucked into a relegation fight. This manager is totally negative and doesn't have a clue, but the players he has are just as useless. Been supporting this club for a long time and have never felt so depressed about the lack of attacking and goals. Something has to change and fast.

Even when we were starting with Vincent Pericard up front.... It was bad but come on, it's been a lot worse.

And for those who want Koeman back... Everton have won once in ten matches! And they're only playing in one competition at the moment.

When it works for us, it works well (as the match at Arsenal demonstrated).

So keep the faith guys. We will finish in the top half and we have a cup semi-final to look forward to. Tonight is disappointing but we will march on.

So this is our pre-christmas slump then :(

Saw that coming when we missed up the Prague game.

Was hoping it would be today, but Shlong will come good soon.

Hope Charlie's shoulder isn't bad.

People have short memories. This time last year we were about 10 games in to....

Mane's 19 games without scoring.

Pelle's 20 games without scoring.

People have short memories. This time last year we were about 10 games in to....

And koeman was 2 games from the boot

And for those who want Koeman back... Everton have won once in ten matches! And they're only playing in one competition at the moment.

When it works for us, it works well (as the match at Arsenal demonstrated).

So keep the faith guys. We will finish in the top half and we have a cup semi-final to look forward to. Tonight is disappointing but we will march on.

Well said that man.

Puel seems tactically inept but certain players simply aren't good enough for us. Redmond and Forster massively overrated.

We are incredibly boring to watch. We aren't fluid or dynamic in attack - it's playing in front of their back four and hoping our full back offer an option so they can swing a hopeful ball in to the box. It's so easy to defend against.

This is what you get when you sell class players and replace them with mediocre ones. The board have been taking the mickey for too long and expect our fans to settle for it because we are a "showcase club" which in effect is a selling club. We are in the entertainment industry and selling our assets is costing us. You have to think like a big club to become one and that doesn't mean doing what Pompey did. There isn't another club I can think of that sells like we do. The board lack any ambition to go higher than we are, we have got lucky in the last 2 seasons and need to show the ambition required to make us an attractive football club to stay at (I understand we can't keep everyone). It's very frustrating considering the potential we have

Exactly! This is hardly a new situation for us. Those calling for Puel's head are either very simple or trolling.

Have these Chinese investors got anyone who can score a goal?

Yeah, a lad called Pelle. Decent by all accounts.

As for tonight, we got what we deserved. Awful tactics, and loads of terrible performances. Redmond had a shocker, Bertrand couldn't cross, midfield starved sims of the ball, Davis ran around lots but ineffective, Hojberg ditto, Long anonymous but had little service.

Shocking.

It must be said that if you don't try and win, you don't deserve to win. Extremely disappointing result. Will be interesting to see what becomes of this team without having the whole rotation concept hanging over them. Would want to be putting some strong (relatively of course) teams in the cups too I would hope!

Or maybe have a different opinion to yours. I guess that is allowed?

Only those who can see the bigger picture will understand that Puel is a good coach and we will do well this season.

Their goal came from an individual mistake. How on earth is that Puel's fault?

The players let him down tonight. Before the game, everyone wanted a strong team and he named a strong team. We controlled possession and dominated the game. They didn't look like scoring before Romeu gave it to their player for the goal.

It was about 30 minutes in to tonight that I looked at the clock...

Crowd was quiet, players were edgy, passes going astray.

I just had a feeling it was going to be one of those sh*t Europa performances.

Very worrying, as the crowd was electric at the start.

I'm beginning to feel drawn to the 'dark side'. My opinion of the team and manager after Palarse and this evening is starting to develop themes such as "too slow", "toothless", "lacking in ideas", "redmond is not a team player", "where is the 2nd striker ?", "tactically predictable", "uninspiring". Our passing seems to be getting worse, our decision making in clearing out of defence is poor, our goal threat from corners and attacking free kicks is practically non existent.

I think I'll take a break from watching Saints for a while,

probably until Sunday.