Saints 1 Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1 - Match & Meltdown Thread

St Chalet

Honestly don't deserve **** all from this game anyway. We've been absolute ****. The only good to come of us going out is now the players will get more rest in-between league games.

Also, what does Forster actually do? He's been awful this season.

I'm not gonna blame Fraser for that

Rifled into the bottom corner

Romeu should have cleared it earlier

Simply not enough depth or creativity all round, we can't buy a goal at the moment and our chance creating ability has been woeful, Redmond and Bertrand truly awful tonight, no player comes away with any credit. Simply the worst performance all season, and that takes some doing.

Puel can't inspire this team at the moment, and with Fonte on the bench and his situation unclear, there's alot to be said about the management and handling of this.

If folks are honest it's really no surprise. Other than a few exceptions this the same type of performance we've been churning out all season. Week on week it's seems the players don't know what their responsibilities are, where they're meant to be playing, what the tactics are and where their teammates will be on the pitch. That's squad rotation for you.

Worryingly we'll be taking this form and lack of confidence into the forthcoming Premier games.

Why do we bother playing these cup games? Redmond is so shït it hurts how often he loses the ball. Ultimately this is down to Puel though, so poor from the club this is an embarrassment and the final straw for me and this manager. I cannot accept us having so many gutless performances like this in VERY winnable games.

We can focus on being average in the league now, ****ing joke.

If Austin is out for any length of time the average in the league bit is very optimistic. Relegation fight and no mistaking. Need to get bids in now for forward players, even if they are loans for early Jan arrival.

I called it as astonishing at the time that we went into a season with this many games with only THREE strikers and knowing two were injury prone. Redmond as a striker and Puel comparing him to Theirry Henry was as desperate as Poortvliet comparing Ryan Smith with Arjen Robben and Redmond has been about as effective as Ryan Smith.

Probably a long time before we ever see Saints in Europe again. Pathetic decision-making over the summer has just done us in with a weak manager who is petrified to upset Les Reed. Koeman, MP, Nigel and Pards had more guts.