Saints 1 Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1 - Match & Meltdown Thread

St Chalet

We look very ordinary, the lack of confidence is clear we are taking far too long to make decisions and be decisive, Redmond has been bright in places but awful at the same time, Sims looks bright but struggling to get into the game, our midfield looks tired, especially Davis. In defence Yoshida can't pass tonight, Bertrand has been average and Austin was having a poor game before he came off.

We miss Tadic, there's just no fluency to our team and I can't see where a goal will come from.

I'd take a 0-0, whatever it takes to get the job done, but Puel needs to improve performances as we're flat.

Come on guys, as it stands we are going through. Show support rather than knocking us. I think we will come out improved in the second half.

Barking. Hapoel will really fancy nicking a goal now they have held off our pathetic onslaught for the first half, knowing we then need to score 2

Pretty lame. At least Redmond will run at them, but aside from that he's been not good. Sims possibly worse. Would love to see them stop turning backwards with the ball. Hojberg seems to do it all the time.

I think we miss Tadic really.

At least we're comfortable defensively.

Geeeeeez, we are the slowest Saints team in a long time.

Not helped by a number of players giving the ball away constantly.

Redmond, Romeu, Sims, Hojberg, Davis, Yoshi all pretty poor tonight.

Getting p'd off with Redmond blaming everyone else & taking zero responsibility.

Big change needed, very poor.

Hapoel are a pretty good side. Top of their league by 10 pts. lots of confidence. really well organized. So we shouldn't be too harsh on our boys. I thought the first 20 mins pretty promising. We were winning most of the 50-50s at that point, and looking like imposing our will on the game. Rest of the half more frustrating, esp Austin's injury.

What's dangerous is that even one goal doesn't help that much. An equalizer, and we're out. Which means we may start to hold back even more from about the 70th min. Which is dangerous. You can see them sneaking it in the last five mins.

Redmond... I dunno. I think he's actually been quite lively. But the combos aren't clicking yet this eve. I'd like to see Tadic on at 60 mins...

Pretty lame. At least Redmond will run at them, but aside from that he's been not good. Sims possibly worse. Would love to see them stop turning backwards with the ball. Hojberg seems to do it all the time.

I think we miss Tadic really.

At least we're comfortable defensively.

Redmond is trying but doesn't really look like creating anything. The thing that annoys me most about him is his whinging and berating of others.

Appalling support from the crowd. The Palace game seems to have left players and fans alike shell shocked.

Surprised at how little running Sims has done in comparison to his debut.We have to move up several gears if we are to avoid being overrun by a late onslaught from Hapoel

Trousers has used 39k of posts on this hilarious ranking system. It's sort of ran its course now.

What do you think of the game so far?

Saints look nervous. Need to move the ball quicker, be a bit more incisive. I am a bit worried that we will concede and then we'll be chasing the game. Need a goal to settle us.

Puel wants to play possession football with players who are not able to do it effectively, so we see turgid, slow play that makes it too easy for the other team.

No surprise many of our better performances were against teams that we can't do that to and have to play on the counter.