Saints Reserves v Arsenal Reserves - FA Cup Match Thread

St Chalet

Keown tearing into Puel. Don't think he is a fan.....

Murphy too. "I've no issue with giving young players a chance but you can't drop them into a team with 10 changes." Spot on. It's not fair on them or Martina, Houjberg, Long who have to try and steer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-0. Complete and total surrender. Not fair on the young lads on the pitch.

Plenty of time for it to get worse as well. Not great management from Puel to play such a weak team against such a threatening attack. Could do more harm than good in the long term morale wise.

Too many of you lot are buying into this "rotation" bullsh*t.

These are very fit young men who are paid more to play than most of us will see in a lifetime.

Give everyone a rest now and then - fine, but this frequent, large scale change is an insult to people who pay good money to watch.

The line up he picked today was ludicrous.

The half a dozen or so posters on here who just blindly trot out that it's the only way had probably never even heard of such an extreme approach to this strategy a year ago. Along comes Claude and all of a sudden it's the only possible way we can get through a season. The only way.

It's not the rotation that's the issue it's the degree he takes it to. Still he's got some youngsters some game time. I'm sure they'll be thanking him for giving their confidence such a boost.

Some people seem to think it's as simple as play them today and rest them on Wednesday instead. Other people with brain cells realise that the chances of a player pushing his body to breaking point is much more likely to happen after playing two games in three days, especially when one was as demanding as Wednesday night was.

So if you play tennis a have a gruelling match for 4/5 hours you are not given a rest for 5/6 days you have to play te day after!

So if you play tennis a have a gruelling match for 4/5 hours you are not given a rest for 5/6 days you have to play te day after!

Exactly. I just cannot get my head around needing to rest high performance athletes constantly. It's not like they've got a team of sports scientists and the very latest equipment to help them prepare and recover...

Exactly. I just cannot get my head around needing to rest high performance athletes constantly. It's not like they've got a team of sports scientists and the very latest equipment to help them prepare and recover...

Our opponents on Tuesday haven't played since Saturday. We have played three games since then. Massive difference.

Ah well at least we are going to Wembley! Wonder if we can have a counter on here for how many times that gets used as an excuse over the next few weeks

We now have the perfect line for those on here , any poor performance can be brushed aside with we beat Liverpool and are going to Wembley.

We are so light on quality in the squad. Reed and Clasie have been terrible. Gardos looks exactly what he is - a player who hasn't played in nearly 2 years.

Isgrove should have been shipped out some time ago.

All in all, a waste of time tonight.

The Board have let Puel down - a blind Albanian could see that we needed a significant injection of quality in the window and yet here we are. the cupboard is bare.

One ray of light has been Josh Sims who looks like a real talent.