Saints Reserves v Arsenal Reserves - FA Cup Match Thread

St Chalet

Wonder which would've got a worse reaction? Putting out a second string side at Anfield, or playing a weaker team today?

People wanting their cake and to eat it too. It's not like we're losing to some lower division side.

Hardly the cups should be our priority I'm sure our senior players could have managed this game and then been rested against Swansea.

Wonder which would've got a worse reaction? Putting out a second string side at Anfield, or playing a weaker team today?

People wanting their cake and to eat it too. It's not like we're losing to some lower division side.

Not correct. Other teams manage to not rotate as much as us and play two games a week. No one is disputing or complaining the fact that we've rotated but when you're changing the number of players we are and bringing in players like Isgrove that have barely played then its a bit of a joke. Wouldn't have killed us to put one or two more experienced heads out there would it?

We need reinforcements badly if we are having to go this deep into the reserves/youths.

Our main right backs are cedric and pied. Not playing

Our gk is forster and mccarthy. Not playing

Our cb's are stephens and gardos- our 4th and 5th choice cb (if you include VVD, Fonte and Yoshida)

And our left back is mcqueen today- not bertrand and not matt targett

Someone sent me this proving how it is a genuine 3rd XI.

Are you really asking that question?

You're joking right? The numptys on here would have slagged him off had he done that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my issue with it is if we put out a stronger team and lost then fair play, we gave it a go. We haven't given it a go. We set up basically not giving a ****. It's OK for us lot sat in our warm houses but what about those who paid money for tickets and everything that goes with that? A lot of them are already questioning the board and manager. Why give them more ammo for criticism? I am all for the youngsters being given a chance but you don't see spurs, citeh and utd etc doing that. They win things because they try every game. We do not have the squad to make the amount of changes we do. The team had no balance and the youngsters will learn little.

Too many of you lot are buying into this "rotation" bullsh*t.

These are very fit young men who are paid more to play than most of us will see in a lifetime.

Give everyone a rest now and then - fine, but this frequent, large scale change is an insult to people who pay good money to watch.

The line up he picked today was ludicrous.

Would prefer stronger team for wednesday night instead of today, but Arsenal reserves have some excellent players and this isn't the game to test too many of our reserves if we don't want to get thumped. Hopefully they can settle a bit in the second half and make the scoreline more respectable.

So those that disagree with you, to a greater or lesser extent, are not 'proper' fans ?

Those that want us to be competitive as we can be - whilst not being reckless - and not just blandly pushing out PR. Obvious that we are 2 or 3 first XI players short but if Puel has picked this league 1 line up to force Les's hand then the ends might justify the means. If he can't get any sense out of the club after Wed's triumph about new faces this is probably the only other way he can make his point.

What a line-up - why the **** is Isgrove starting if he's being sold to Bristol City.

What's the point.

From 5 minutes in you could see they would batter us. Got a bit better towards the end but we are 3-0 down and this is over.

Florin has been alright is the one vague positive.

I guess our season is geared for the league cup now but if we put out a decent side we could have had a good shot against this Arsenal side.

Adelaide for them looks class.

These are very fit young men who are paid more to play than most of us will see in a lifetime.

Give everyone a rest now and then - fine, but this frequent, large scale change is an insult to people who pay good money to watch.

This.

some of you really make me laugh.....I had no doubts that virtually the whole first team would be rested after Wednesdays brilliant result and effort by the players. We do not have the squad depth and hopefully in the next 72 hours we will see some incomings.

We were always going to lose today after Wednesday night and i personally dont want to risk anymore first teamers being injured when we are already going to Wembley

Utter tripe, rest a couple yes but not the whole fekin side. A trouncing today will do us no good what so ever. No doubt you will claw a happy clappy positive from it.

Well said. No problem with resting a few key players but this mass rotation is not a good thing. Even if the rotated players our 'fresh' it doesn't make them good enough to compete.

You're joking right? The numptys on here would have slagged him off had he done that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The numpties will always ***** but what does 3pts against Swansea get us in the context of the season? If we were fight relegation or pushing top 6 it would be different but were heading for mid table obscurity so I'd rather have a bloody good go at the FA cup and lose to Swansea.

I think changes were necessary, but maybe we should have started with some of those on the bench (Yoshi, Tadic & Redmond instead of Stephens, Isgrove & Hojbjerg, for example?), then later in the game brought on some of today's starters.

Bit of experience at the start of the game can work wonders for influencing youngsters & showing them the ropes.

Not correct. Other teams manage to not rotate as much as us and play two games a week. No one is disputing or complaining the fact that we've rotated but when you're changing the number of players we are and bringing in players like Isgrove that have barely played then its a bit of a joke. Wouldn't have killed us to put one or two more experienced heads out there would it?

We need reinforcements badly if we are having to go this deep into the reserves/youths.

We've had 3 games in 6 days. We played our full first team for two of those games.

We're thin with injuries right now so we have to go deep or risk more in a game we're unlikely to win anyway.

It's just unbelievable that people are trying to tarnish the fact we're going to Wembley based on this game where (so far) we've been punished by an unbelievably clinical Arsenal.

Our main right backs are cedric and pied. Not playing

Our gk is forster and mccarthy. Not playing

Our cb's are stephens and gardos- our 4th and 5th choice cb (if you include VVD, Fonte and Yoshida)

And our left back is mcqueen today- not bertrand and not matt targett

Someone sent me this proving how it is a genuine 3rd XI.

This is awkward...

This. Puels obsession with rotation is an absolute joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've had 3 games in 6 days. We played our full first team for two of those games.

We're thin with injuries right now so we have to go deep or risk more in a game we're unlikely to win anyway.

It's just unbelievable that people are trying to tarnish the fact we're going to Wembley based on this game where (so far) we've been punished by an unbelievably clinical Arsenal.

No one is trying to tarnish anything mate. We are just disagreeing with mass rotation of completely untested reserve players.

Some people seem to think it's as simple as play them today and rest them on Wednesday instead. Other people with brain cells realise that the chances of a player pushing his body to breaking point is much more likely to happen after playing two games in three days, especially when one was as demanding as Wednesday night was.

Bang on. A voice of reasoned sanity.

Some people seem to think it's as simple as play them today and rest them on Wednesday instead. Other people with brain cells realise that the chances of a player pushing his body to breaking point is much more likely to happen after playing two games in three days, especially when one was as demanding as Wednesday night was.

Explain Forster's absence.

Its amazing how lower league players cope considering how many games they play. I have no problem with rotation but I refuse to believe none of our senior players could manage a second game today.