Puel bemoans crazy fixture schedule

Wes Tender

Yes, he mentions that in the interview, which just highlights how mad it has been for us this season.

He's talking Rubbish it's no worse than other teams. The reason we aren't playing is that he choose to go out of the cup. What did he think would happen?

He's talking Rubbish it's no worse than other teams. The reason we aren't playing is that he choose to go out of the cup. What did he think would happen?

I don't have any stats to back it up at that moment but I think you'll find it is worse than a lot of teams.

It's you who is talking rubbish. He did not choose to go out of the Cup: we got beat and even a full strength side may not have won. You really think every other team had to play 3 games in 5 days over Christmas? They did not.

Yet we now have a small number of games over the next few weeks yet our fixtures were so congested earlier this year.

I believe only Man U have played more games than us this season - and yet you think we have not had it especially bad. Don't know what kind of world you live in but the real workd isn't one of them!

No he did`nt, we lost that is all, so i suggest you are the one talking rubbish

Lol..are you serious? That team had absolutely no hope of winning that game and we all (including him) knew it.

There are no stats to back up we have played more..I bra has played more at 35 than any of our players I reckon. Deli alli has played more games than any of our players...

FIFA The Lincoln players have probably played more than any of our players this season!

We miss one game from the other premier league teams...Man U at home because they are still in the cup.

We missed one for the cup final but still played a game.

We didn't play before the cup final as it was the FA cup round of games.

Spurs Man Utd man city arsenal Leicester have continued to play lots of games as they stayed in Europe. Arsenal Spurs man Utd man city continue to play extra as they are still in the FA cup.

Luckily for Puel he won't need to worry about extra games next season as we don't have Europe to worry about.

It does annoy me that the club want Europe then moan about the extra games, if we want success then that's the price, don't moan about it just get on with it.

Lol..are you serious? That team had absolutely no hope of winning that game and we all (including him) knew it.

There are no stats to back up we have played more..I bra has played more at 35 than any of our players I reckon. Deli alli has played more games than any of our players...

FIFA The Lincoln players have probably played more than any of our players this season!

We miss one game from the other premier league teams...Man U at home because they are still in the cup.

Spurs Man Utd man city arsenal Leicester have continued to play lots of games as they stayed in Europe. Arsenal Spurs man Utd man city continue to play extra as they are still in the FA cup.

Luckily for Puel he won't need to worry about extra games next season as we don't have Europe to worry about.

It does annoy me that the club want Europe then moan about the extra games, if we want success then that's the price, don't moan about it just get on with it.

not moaning about the number of games, but the regularity of it mate, big difference!

ofc we want europe, but the fixtures have not been spaced out very kindly for us.

not moaning about the number of games, but the regularity of it mate, big difference!

ofc we want europe, but the fixtures have not been spaced out very kindly for us.

He (or reed) said earlier in the season that they had no time to coach players as we had too many games.

We may have played in a day less than others over Christmas but at other times we have had more of a break. Man U played 3 or 4 games extra before the final.

This month we are missing ONE game. It's hardly unfair compared to the others is it?

Sort of agree with what he is saying. But we had a 2 weeks break prior to the utd game. And another 2 week break after the weekend. 2 games in a month isn't very much at all. Should allow our players a lot of resting time.

Quite. The thrust of Puel's argument seems to have escaped Saint-Fred, that we had more fixtures close together over Christmas and now fewer fixtures now. It is the throw of the dice, that our fixtures now are with the top clubs who would be expected to still be in the FA Cup or European competitions.

It's about getting a rhythm and he absolutely correct. As a trainer it is very difficult keeping the players focused.

if i was ever a player and the next game was 2 weeks away id be chilling for the first week pretty much.

but then again thats why I'm not a professional player :lol:

There are no stats to back up we have played more..I b ra has played more at 35 than any of our players I reckon. Deli alli has played more games than any of our players...

if you watched him on Sunday his energy conservation was quite remarkable, he probably expended more energy rolling about on the deck than playing. He was a passenger the team were more than happy to carry due to his ability to find the back of the net for fun, a few minutes before he did the deed he looked tired.

Quite. The thrust of Puel's argument seems to have escaped Saint-Fred, that we had more fixtures close together over Christmas and now fewer fixtures now. It is the throw of the dice, that our fixtures now are with the top clubs who would be expected to still be in the FA Cup or European competitions.

It hasn't escaped me...however it's the same for a number of sides? Hardly any play next week? Why are we so special that we can't cope with the fixture list when everyone else can?

That's the league..i think the same of Klopp and his moaning about no winter break...if you don't like it, go and manage in Germany.

Load of rubbish. We have 2 games this month - TWO - and then 6 next month. Add on top of that the United and Arsenal games which will be rearranged at the end of this month and you could see us playing EIGHT games in april. Mental.

As for earlier, yes mostly it's the same...but we did have it worse than anyone else. Over christmas and new year we had game, rest day, game, rest day, game. Three games in five days ffs.

if you watched him on Sunday his energy conservation was quite remarkable, he probably expended more energy rolling about on the deck than playing. He was a passenger the team were more than happy to carry due to his ability to find the back of the net for fun, a few minutes before he did the deed he looked tired.

Pick another Man U player then..or a lincoln one or a man city one or a Leicester one or a Spurs one who does run around then?

Load of rubbish. We have 2 games this month - TWO - and then 6 next month. Add on top of that the United and Arsenal games which will be rearranged at the end of this month and you could see us playing EIGHT games in april. Mental.

As for earlier, yes mostly it's the same...but we did have it worse than anyone else. Over christmas and new year we had game, rest day, game, rest day, game. Three games in five days ffs.

we had a winter break (almost) before those games

we were still shyte

But we are not special...

Liverpool played three in six days and everyone else played 3 in 7 or something...as we played 3 in 5 we would have had a longer break leading into it or out of it..there's not a lot in it.. So yes we were slightly worse but not much and we had the days back somewhere else. To say we are hard done by is the mental bit.

And let me know how many games Bournemouth have this month or any other team? They are not playing 5 or 6 games you know?

And I suspect Man U, arsenal man city and spurs will have considerably more games in April and May than us...

That's the league and the price for success..if we can't handle it then we are better off going out of the cups early and avoiding Europe.

Just like a certain Mr. Le Tissier. ;-)

But we are not special...

Liverpool played three in six days and everyone else played 3 in 7 or something...as we played 3 in 5 we would have had a longer break leading into it or out of it..there's not a lot in it.. So yes we were slightly worse but not much and we had the days back somewhere else. To say we are hard done by is the mental bit.

And let me know how many games Bournemouth have this month or any other team? They are not playing 5 or 6 games you know?

And I suspect Man U, arsenal man city and spurs will have considerably more games in April and May than us...

That's the league and the price for success..if we can't handle it then we are better off going out of the cups early and avoiding Europe.

****in hell, take a look at yourself. Maybe the fixtures are fair, maybe they aren't, but it was well documented that our Christmas fixture list was the worse. All managers moan about minor things about their teams and most fans would just think nothing of their manager spouting off like this. But we seem to be infected by hundreds of fans who just want to knock Puel, Les and Kat and any opportunity.

****in hell, take a look at yourself. Maybe the fixtures are fair, maybe they aren't, but it was well documented that our Christmas fixture list was the worse. All managers moan about minor things about their teams and most fans would just think nothing of their manager spouting off like this. But we seem to be infected by hundreds of fans who just want to knock Puel, Les and Kat and any opportunity.

We have very many fans who are as thick as pig sh_it.

It was worse by 24 hours lol.

It's one of them myths that if you say it enough it becomes fact!

I am not a fan of Puel but don't knock his interview technique etc etc but I don't think he should be making excuses for the team to perform poorly based on a fixture list which is pretty much the same for everyone. I agree with some stuff, I disagree with some stuff. I support the players on a match day..I have never boo'd one of our players or our team.

So does me disagreeing with our Lord and masters make me thick as pig ****? If so guilty as charged. I don't mind I have been called worse...

It was worse by 24 hours lol.

It's one of them myths that if you say it enough it becomes fact!

I am not a fan of Puel but don't knock his interview technique etc etc but I don't think he should be making excuses for the team to perform poorly based on a fixture list which is pretty much the same for everyone. I agree with some stuff, I disagree with some stuff. I support the players on a match day..I have never boo'd one of our players or our team.

So does me disagreeing with our Lord and masters make me thick as pig ****? If so guilty as charged. I don't mind I have been called worse...

Then you're a helmet and can f**k off.

Then you're a helmet and can f**k off.

Why? He's entitled to his opinion. There's plenty on here are are not fans of Puel. I'm grateful for him getting us to a major final but based upon some of the terrible, boring football I've seen this season and his general demeanour, I'm not exactly wowed by him. He's one of the most uninspiring managers I've ever seen.

Why? He's entitled to his opinion. There's plenty on here are are not fans of Puel. I'm grateful for him getting us to a major final but based upon some of the terrible, boring football I've seen this season and his general demeanour, I'm not exactly wowed by him. He's one of the most uninspiring managers I've ever seen.

waah waah waah, Puels got a funny voice.

It hasn't escaped me...however it's the same for a number of sides? Hardly any play next week? Why are we so special that we can't cope with the fixture list when everyone else can?

That's the league..i think the same of Klopp and his moaning about no winter break...if you don't like it, go and manage in Germany.

I cannot be bothered to do any research, but as you say it is the same for a number of sides, can you please tell me which other Premier League teams only play 2 games in March followed by a cluster***** of games in April?

then i'll take your point for what it is worth.

It's quite unbelievable that less than a week after playing our first major final for 14 years, and only 6th (?) in our entire history, an occasion that provided many with some of the most memorable moments in a lifetime of supporting our club, that some people are moaning about our FA Cup exit...

But two of those three games over Christmas were at home. This makes a big difference.

I cannot be bothered to do any research, but as you say it is the same for a number of sides, can you please tell me which other Premier League teams only play 2 games in March followed by a cluster***** of games in April?

then i'll take your point for what it is worth.

I can't be bothered to look either but I know Palace, Sunderland, Middlesbro, Watford, Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea will probably all play only two league games this month. There might be others but as I said I am not looking them up.

At MOST we will have 1 extra league game to play than any of them them in April as they will all have at least one fixture to catch up on.

Man Utd will have the same number of league games to play plus two Europa league games plus an FA Cup quarter final.

It's quite unbelievable that less than a week after playing our first major final for 14 years, and only 6th (?) in our entire history, an occasion that provided many with some of the most memorable moments in a lifetime of supporting our club, that some people are moaning about our FA Cup exit...

Not sure who is moaning about going out of the cup? My point is we chose to not even try to progress and yet now moan we haven't got a fixture? We are only missing one game as our planned opponents are still in the cup. Lots of other teams are in the same boat and haven't got a game that weekend..who ever was playing Arsenal, Man City Chelsea and Spurs won't be playing either.

The most league games played this month is three because of the international break, I assume, so I am not sure why the fixtures are an issue just for us? It's the way the league is structured.

I know is the same for all, but there seems to be no balance to the fixture lists

All clubs 2 or 3 league games max in March, yet 6 minimum in April

Saints for instance will not have ahome game for nearly 2 months Feb 4 to April 1st, then have anothrr home game 4 days later

Also why in an already busy period were all clubs playing a midweek game in the middle of Decemeber (ours was at Stoke)

I know is the same for all, but there seems to be no balance to the fixture lists

All clubs 2 or 3 league games max in March, yet 6 minimum in April

Saints for instance will not have ahome game for nearly 2 months Feb 4 to April 1st, then have anothrr home game 4 days later

Also why in an already busy period were all clubs playing a midweek game in the middle of Decemeber (ours was at Stoke)

Easter adds one in April.

European schedule cocks everything up and there's also damned international weekends.

I think it's more just bad luck than anything else. On the FA Cup weekend, we are due to play a team still in it, who are also still in Europe so hard to rearrange the match, and then the team we were due to play in our own cup final are also still in Europe (though not for much longer...)

I'm not even sure Puel is "moaning" about it, just stating that it's difficult, which it is. If I were to find criticism it would be that the manager coming out and saying such a thing will probably filter through to the players who in this day and age only need a slight excuse not to perform.

As much as we should always be aiming for Europe, the lack of fixture congestion next year is at least a silver lining. Saturday 3pm kick offs, bliss!

People need to tread carefully, creating fixture congestion could well be a ploy by UEFA's top leagues to reduce Premier Divisions to 16 or even 12 elite clubs. Recent suggestions that the gaps between matches are "more fair" for some than others might not be accidental. The way to defeat this is to deliberately play weak teams in unimportant competitions so that you get knocked out early. Even for a club like us maybe we should adopt the attitude that the only competition outside the PL worth taking part in is the Champions League

There are a lot of old romantics in the fanbase who think competitions like the FACup are still worth winning but they're not if it results in a low league position so that when the inevitable down-sizing occurs clubs (like ours) get stranded below the cut-off point.

We should aim now to be always in the top 8 and sod the Cups!

I think it's more just bad luck than anything else. On the FA Cup weekend, we are due to play a team still in it, who are also still in Europe so hard to rearrange the match, and then the team we were due to play in our own cup final are also still in Europe (though not for much longer...)

I'm not even sure Puel is "moaning" about it, just stating that it's difficult, which it is. If I were to find criticism it would be that the manager coming out and saying such a thing will probably filter through to the players who in this day and age only need a slight excuse not to perform.

As much as we should always be aiming for Europe, the lack of fixture congestion next year is at least a silver lining. Saturday 3pm kick offs, bliss!

Except that a lot of our opposition will be playing in Europe on weds/thur so we will still be stuck with Sunday at silly o clock.

This. Some of the people on this thread :mcinnes: - any excuse to have a pop at the manager.

incorrect only one game at Easter Man City home on the saturday night

My mistake. Some of us remember the good old days with games on Easter Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. That usually sorted out the promotion and relegation issues with only 2 points for a win.

My mistake. Some of us remember the good old days with games on Easter Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday. That usually sorted out the promotion and relegation issues with only 2 points for a win.

yes I do, remember the year we won the cup in 76 going to Plymouth good Friday, Bristol Rovers on the Saturday and then home to Oxford on Easter Monday

People need to tread carefully, creating fixture congestion could well be a ploy by UEFA's top leagues to reduce Premier Divisions to 16 or even 12 elite clubs. Recent suggestions that the gaps between matches are "more fair" for some than others might not be accidental. The way to defeat this is to deliberately play weak teams in unimportant competitions so that you get knocked out early. Even for a club like us maybe we should adopt the attitude that the only competition outside the PL worth taking part in is the Champions League

There are a lot of old romantics in the fanbase who think competitions like the FACup are still worth winning but they're not if it results in a low league position so that when the inevitable down-sizing occurs clubs (like ours) get stranded below the cut-off point.

We should aim now to be always in the top 8 and sod the Cups!

Could we not play a team just good enough to stay up in the league and just go for both the cups with our first team?

I wouldn't mind that as a strategy and winning trophies regularily would grow the brand more than finishing mid table would?

I understand the risk of the drop when the cut comes but if there are less teams it won't be long before we take our turn and go down anyway?