Crystal Palace (H) Thread

whelk

Pied is down now. If Pied goes off I’m assuming Bednarek will come on and Stephens will move to RB

Pied back on now.

I’d bring MT on and shift Stephens to RB and Bertrand to CB.... hopefully Pied is okay, we are going to need him in the coming weeks.

Started well and got a deserved goal. Since then Saints have got more sloppy and producing very little in attack. Palace actually look more likely to score now. Story of the season relly.

Hopefully we don't revert to type .. or we'll be looking at 1-1 FT again.

1-0 at the half. Saints clearly the better side. Palace a little passive. I don’t know what happened to Hoj after last season but he looks like a fantastic player to me.

Hojbjerg is superb tonight - he's the player we thought we were getting with Clasie. Romeu has also been at his top tonight. Well done Shane Long for that finish. One goal is clearly not enough, and since the injury to Pied we don't have that attacking width down the right - width and run is going to win this game. JWP is congesting play and slowing things down by coming infield - I'd bring Lemina on for Ward-Prowse and play him in the same "wing back" position while at the same time negating the danger of Zaha's run. The fear is conceding if we don't get the second but we are such good value for the lead.