Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

I remember a game against Norwich in the early 90s when him and Le Tissier were going for a ball and ending up in a good natured roll around on the pitch with them both getting up laughing. the Milton end immediately started singing "brians got a boner" where he responded in exactly the same way, seemed like a top bloke.

Simpler more innocent times, Turkish.

Elyounoussi looks an exciting signing, 1 in 3 goal record from his career as a wide forward is good and the European performances are promising as it's always good to see players from lesser leagues perform well against bigger clubs. Worked out well for the VVD and Wanyama.

SSN

BREAKING NEWS

Southampton have agreed a fee with Basel for young winger Mohamed Elyounoussi, according to Sky sources.

Fee believed to be in the region of £16m.

The 23-year-old Norwegian international can operate as a forward or as a winger.

Pete O'Rourke@SportsPeteO 3m3 minutes agoMore

Everton and Southampton have bid for Borussia Monchengladbach's Danish defender Jannik Vestergaard. #EFC #saintsfc #borussia

6 foot 7 centre back

Jeez he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Still if we are up against Everton we might as well forget it now...

The player we should have signed instead of Armstrong, imo.

Mooy certainly looked very good in the first couple of world cup games. Is it economically viable for a mid level prem side such as us to buy a `wanted' player from another mid level premiership side? A £20m buy back clause for Man City suggests that they'd expect top dollar before allowing him to leave.

Pete O'Rourke@SportsPeteO 3m3 minutes agoMore

Everton and Southampton have bid for Borussia Monchengladbach's Danish defender Jannik Vestergaard. #EFC #saintsfc #borussia

6 foot 6 centre back

Could be our first choice CB target with Gibson as back-up, considering we haven’t bid for the latter yet. If Everton pip us to this one then at least we should be able to go back in for Gibson unchallenged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not particularly complicated and financially it may be the best way to get rid of him. His wages will probably put a lot of clubs off even if they think he is of the quality they need.

It’s complicated because it’s a four year arrangement. What are we going to do: sort out multiple loans? No one team will take him for that long.

It’s complicated because it’s a four year arrangement. What are we going to do: sort out multiple loans? No one team will take him for that long.

I made no mention of loans. Transfer him and subsidise his wages until 2022. That would make him a more attractive proposition compared to having to match or get close to his current wages.

I made no mention of loans. Transfer him and subsidise his wages until 2022. That would make him a more attractive proposition compared to having to match or get close to his current wages.

Out of curiousity, are there many examples of this type of arrangement in England?

Out of curiousity, are there many examples of this type of arrangement in England?

It happens a reasonable amount, which is why it is included in FM. SI have contacts at a lot of clubs and agents to get contracts accurate and matching real life. They have a close relationships with Watford, AFC Wimbledon and others. The game is mocked by some on here, but it is built to be a simulation of the real sport and is respected within the sport which is why many clubs use its database for scouting.

It happens a reasonable amount, which is why it is included in FM. SI have contacts at a lot of clubs and agents to get contracts accurate and matching real life. They have a close relationships with Watford, AFC Wimbledon and others. The game is mocked by some on here, but it is built to be a simulation of the real sport and is respected within the sport which is why many clubs use its database for scouting.

I asked for actual examples, not an impassioned defense of FM :lol:

Maxim Tsigalko Agrees

Liverpool paid a lot of Andy Carrol's wages at West Ham I believe, happens more than you think.

Also the Rooney to DC United transfer rumours were talking about BOTH Utd and Everton subsidising his wages.

---------------------------------

Things seem to be speeding up transfer wise.

Not sure on the Gunn transfer, surely only worth it if we think he is going to be first choice (and same for him) and we have just given McCarthy a new deal, plus still have Forster on high wages.

So that’s it? Carroll as well. Plenty of exceptional circumstances around the Rooney deal that make it hard to generalise.

Think it's pretty common tbh.

Carroll when he went to West Ham, I remember Leeds were subsidising loads of players after they'd left when they were in the **** financially, Smith, Viduka, Keane etc.

I'd expect any player on large wages who moves to a club who can't afford him, is pretty likely to be paying his wages.

So that’s it? Carroll as well.

There are quite a lot of examples if you google it, but generally these contractual details aren't going to reach the media or public. That is why I mentioned subsidising wages being a part of FM, because I know for a fact that SI have talked to numerous people in the sport, club & agents about such things.

There are quite a lot of examples if you google it, but generally these contractual details aren't going to reach the media or public. That is why I mentioned subsidising wages being a part of FM, because I know for a fact that SI have talked to numerous people in the sport, club & agents about such things.

think joe hart at Torino and West Ham was one as well

sam lee who covers man city has alluded we are favourites to sign Gunn for 15 million and city would have a buy back clause

Dont like the sound of a buy back clause. Makes it a bit like a loan with City in a win win situation. If he fails they got a good price. If he is a star they get him back for relative peanuts.

Anyway, it seems a bit odd for us to be getting a £15 million keeper now that McCarthy has signed a new contract.

So that’s it? Carroll as well. Plenty of exceptional circumstances around the Rooney deal that make it hard to generalise.

Been going on for years and pretty common. In a previous role I had access to the accounts of 10 plus top flight teams and it was happening with all of them.