Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Fret not we have long, Austin is no slouch either. Armstrong threading balls through goals will rain in no?
Our striker options are certainly bottom 6 material.

Really expected an overhaul in that area this summer but don't think the Club have the urgency/ambition to do what is needee sadly.

Our striker options are certainly bottom 6 material.

Really expected an overhaul in that area this summer but don't think the Club have the urgency/ambition to do what is needee sadly.

Our defence and attack is near the bottom of the table in terms of quality and midfield is lower mid table quality. Seems clear to me where the priorities lie but it seems we will be selling what little quality we have...

Our defence and attack is near the bottom of the table in terms of quality and midfield is lower mid table quality. Seems clear to me where the priorities lie but it seems we will be selling what little quality we have...

What makes you think that? We haven’t sold anyone, and the only real rumour was from Ajax effectively admitting that they’ve tapped up Dusan.

Southampton are keen to beat*Leicester City in the race for FC Basel winger Mohamed Elyounoussi.

Going head to head with Leicester again [emoji23]

Just looked up the article mentioned above. No mention about what journo reported it.

SOUTHAMPTON hope to pip Leicester to the £16m signing of Basel winger Mohamed Elyounoussi.

The Saints are offering the Moroccan-born Norway star, 23, a four-year deal worth a total of £8m plus bonuses.

Elyounoussi caught the eye with a man-of-the-match performance in Basel’s 2-1 Champions League victory at Premier League title-winners Manchester City in March.

That strike was one of 13 goals, along with 17 assists, for the Swiss side last season.

Now Southampton boss Mark Hughes has made his move, with Leicester counterpart Claude Puel also in the hunt for a player compared to Foxes ace Riyad Mahrez.

Algeria’s Mahrez, 27, saw his dream move to Man City fall through in January but is tipped to finally complete a £65m switch to The Etihad.

Busy Leicester this week signed James Maddison, 21, from Norwich in a £24m deal.

Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/711748/Premier-League-transfer-news-Lucas-Torreira-Arsenal-Bournemouth-Burnley-Man-City

Obligatory YouTube video attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYpQiznHO4

Highly rated by all accounts. What heck does this mean for Forster or Macca?

PS - Please tell me we've got a speedster forward lined up, Billy. Worried about our creative options up top.

Ridiculously highly rated by FA/England set up.

I'd say Gibson and Armstrong are as good as done.

That would leave us 20-30m from the vvd monies + whatever transfer budget we have allocated (from premier league /TV) for 18/19 season. Best guess 30m?

So £50-60m still to spend potentially + I'd expect some outgoing (Tadic, Boufal) so would expect our spend to increase accordingly.

It's been a slow start but I think activity will start to speed up now.

giphy.gif

Morgan Schneiderlin may be sold by Everton. Hasn't been the same player for them but I would take him back at the right price, gamble I know but could just happen for him back with us.

I think we have decent enough options in Romeu, Lemina and Hojbjerg. If there was a clearly better player out there, sure but Morgan hasn't done it since he left Saints and wouldn't have any of the same players around him that he had before. I don't think he'd be an improvement.

Morgan Schneiderlin may be sold by Everton. Hasn't been the same player for them but I would take him back at the right price, gamble I know but could just happen for him back with us.

It's usually a mistake to go back.

The issue Everton will have is surely wages. MS will have jumped to big bucks at ManU, and probably didn't take a wage cut to join the Everton big ******** project.

If we're looking for a creative midfield player this guy looked pretty usefull yesterday: Juan Fernando Quintero.

Probably less than half the price of Madisson, and more quality

Given that he’s on Real Madrid’s radar I doubt he will be half the price!

I think we have decent enough options in Romeu, Lemina and Hojbjerg. If there was a clearly better player out there, sure but Morgan hasn't done it since he left Saints and wouldn't have any of the same players around him that he had before. I don't think he'd be an improvement.

Agree, I feel for Morgan because it all seems to have gone totally pear shaped since he left us, but you can't blame him for leaving given what was on offer, and at the same time I'd not have him back. For me he's sort of become the Steve Williams of the 21st century, shame really he was great for us.

Given that he’s on Real Madrid’s radar I doubt he will be half the price!

Given he's not considered good enough for Porto and gets loaned out every season, I suspect any Real Madrid interest only exists in the dreams of his agent.

Agree, I feel for Morgan because it all seems to have gone totally pear shaped since he left us, but you can't blame him for leaving given what was on offer, and at the same time I'd not have him back. For me he's sort of become the Steve Williams of the 21st century, shame really he was great for us.

The only thing he has to show after leaving us is huge bank balance but his career has dropped significantly like a majority of the players

that have left us for greener fields

This bloke again (from the BBC Sport gossip column):

Southampton willing to pay 20 million euros (£17.6m) for Barcelona striker Paco Alcacer, 24, but face competition from Fenerbahce. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Alcacer resistant to leaving Barcelona despite the club looking to sell him, delaying any potential move. (Sport)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/26/danny-ings-leave-liverpool-summer-seek-regular-first-team-football/

Surely worth looking at. Wouldn't lose out to Leicester for family reasons, just what we need up front.

I like the fact they claim he wants to leave for more first team football and then suggest Spurs as if he is going to get a game in their forward line.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/26/danny-ings-leave-liverpool-summer-seek-regular-first-team-football/

Surely worth looking at. Wouldn't lose out to Leicester for family reasons, just what we need up front.

Think he’s decent and arguably more unlucky than injury-prone. Would happily sell Long if it meant bringing him in.

Edited by shurlock

Why have you concluded it is indecision? That is jumping to conclusions on no evidence.

It is 20th June, the players go to China for the start of pre-season in 10 days time If a player signed today he wouldn't have training tomorrow.

I'm puzzled why you are both seemingly close to ruling out a signing in the next 10 days.

4 days now mate

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

His dad wore such short shorts it is amazing Angus was conceived!

6842547107_9e03b82929_b.jpg

One of my fondest memories at the Dell involved Bryan Gunn. It was an evening game against Norwich, possibly Milk/League Cup game, but definitely in the aftermath of the 1990 World Cup and Scotland's Costa Rica goalkeeping debacle. I was halfway up the Milton Road Terrace when there was a lull in play whilst somebody got treatment and BG was stood on the edge of his six yard box. With the crowd quiet, some wit shouted "Oi Gunn, what's it like to be Jim Leighton's number two!" - at this the big man turned with an enormous grin on his face and gave a thumbs up to much chuckling!

This bloke again (from the BBC Sport gossip column):

Southampton willing to pay 20 million euros (£17.6m) for Barcelona striker Paco Alcacer, 24, but face competition from Fenerbahce. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Alcacer resistant to leaving Barcelona despite the club looking to sell him, delaying any potential move. (Sport)

Dream move for the lad, he always wanted to play for Southampton.