Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

One of my fondest memories at the Dell involved Bryan Gunn. It was an evening game against Norwich, possibly Milk/League Cup game, but definitely in the aftermath of the 1990 World Cup and Scotland's Costa Rica goalkeeping debacle. I was halfway up the Milton Road Terrace when there was a lull in play whilst somebody got treatment and BG was stood on the edge of his six yard box. With the crowd quiet, some wit shouted "Oi Gunn, what's it like to be Jim Leighton's number two!" - at this the big man turned with an enormous grin on his face and gave a thumbs up to much chuckling!

I remember a game against Norwich in the early 90s when him and Le Tissier were going for a ball and ending up in a good natured roll around on the pitch with them both getting up laughing. the Milton end immediately started singing "brians got a boner" where he responded in exactly the same way, seemed like a top bloke.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/26/danny-ings-leave-liverpool-summer-seek-regular-first-team-football/

Surely worth looking at. Wouldn't lose out to Leicester for family reasons, just what we need up front.

Four goals in three years, pace has gone, knees are held together with sellotape and staples.

Sign him up...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I was thinking he was more of a winger rather than a striker from memory or am I thinking wrong?

that would make more sense. I recall he scored against Man City in the CL and for some reason thought he was playing up front. If that signing goes through I would suggest the Tadic deal will follow shortly after.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/e1o6yg/kilder-til-vg-moi-mot-rekordovergang

Mohamed "Moi" Elyounoussi (23) is currently becoming the most expensive Norwegian footballer.

"We're close to a new club, but can't comment more than that," said the player's agent Ferhat CIFCI.

After what VG experiences, Basel has accepted a bid from the Premier League club Southampton. This should be around 20 million euros.

It is equivalent to around 190 million. This means that Elyounoussi is about to beat Tore André Flos record which was the most expensive Norwegian footballer (at nominal price). He was sold for around 165 million from Chelsea to the Rangers in 2000.

VG has stated that Elyounoussis representatives are on their way to London for final negotiations with Southampton. Negotiations on the player's personal contract as well as a medical check remain. There is reason to believe that a transition can be completed towards the end of this week.

But Southampton will not be the only club to have received a bid for "Moi" Akspeptert. The German large club Wolfsburg will also agree with Basel after entering a bid of the same size as southamptons.

Elyounoussi has not answered VGs inquiries on Tuesday night.

VG mentioned recently that Leicester and Bayer Leverkusen had made bids for Mohamed Elyounoussi, but these clubs are-as it seems currently-out of the dance.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/e1o6yg/kilder-til-vg-moi-mot-rekordovergang

"We're close to a new club, but can't comment more than that," said the player's agent Ferhat CIFCI.

After what VG experiences, Basel has accepted a bid from the Premier League club Southampton. This should be around 20 million euros.

It is equivalent to around 190 million. This means that Elyounoussi is about to beat Tore André Flos record which was the most expensive Norwegian footballer (at nominal price). He was sold for around 165 million from Chelsea to the Rangers in 2000.

VG has stated that Elyounoussis representatives are on their way to London for final negotiations with Southampton. Negotiations on the player's personal contract as well as a medical check remain. There is reason to believe that a transition can be completed towards the end of this week.

But Southampton will not be the only club to have received a bid for "Moi" Akspeptert. The German large club Wolfsburg will also agree with Basel after entering a bid of the same size as southamptons.

Elyounoussi has not answered VGs inquiries on Tuesday night.

VG mentioned recently that Leicester and Bayer Leverkusen had made bids for Mohamed Elyounoussi, but these clubs are-as it seems currently-out of the dance.

Like the look of this guy based on YouTube (which is of course no way to judge a player): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYpQiznHO4

Did well against Man City too, which isn't always easy to achieve.

Potentially another surly North African - Les might be hedging his bets with this one.

Yep, could be. I don't like the sound of this from wiki..

'...Elyounoussi’s father owns a pizza shop in Norway, with young Mohamed occasionally dropping in to entertain customers by singing classic songs by the Nolan Sisters'

Seems more like a Boufal replacement rather than the speedy wide man / Tadic replacement that we may be expecting - not that this is a bad thing, so long as he isn’t the final attacking reinforcement.

All in all though, seems like a cracking player.

Yep, could be. I don't like the sound of this from wiki..

'...Elyounoussi’s father owns a pizza shop in Norway, with young Mohamed occasionally dropping in to entertain customers by singing classic songs by the Nolan Sisters'

Doesn't sound anything wrong with that in the slightest...

Like the look of this guy based on YouTube (which is of course no way to judge a player): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYpQiznHO4

Did well against Man City too, which isn't always easy to achieve.

No, but we love doing it anyway :D

This feels like it would be a great one to get over the line. I posted that video the other day actually. Looks somewhat of a Tadic / Mane hybrid?

Ah balls, I missed the fact that Wolfsburg have agreed a fee as well.

Hopefully they don't "Leicester" us.

If it's any consolation, Wolfsburg only survived in the Bundesliga this season by winning a two leg play-off with the 3rd place team from Bundesliga 2 at the end of the season. So in that respect, they finished lower in their league than we did in ours, so we have a fighting chance.

This is just a cynical plan to... Les Reed, season tickets, something something...

Correct me if I'm wrong. But there has been no official mention of Les Reed anywhere on the official site since the end of the Season.

are we 100% sure he is still involved?

Jan Age is the expert in Norweigan Telly these days and have loads of connections in the game so he knows his stuff. As for wolfsburg also beeing interested - many Scandianavian players are brough up watching PL footie and TV and my bet is that a move to England and Soton is much much more interesting for this guy then a move to Germany.

Has he ever been right before?

Signings will be CB, Winger/Striker and GK.

Leavings will be Winger, GK and AM

Dope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to God the GK leaving is the one who can't keep, rather than the one who can