Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

I agree. Needs to be converted to a winger. Eg his performance vs Watford away (I think)

He has pace, stamina and work rate... if a gun was pointed at my head forcing us to keep him I would have him as backup to Cédric at right wing back. But since there are no guns anywhere near me, he has to go. 2 goals FFS!!!!

SSN

SAINTS ENTER RACE FOR INGS

Southampton have been made favourites to sign Liverpool striker Danny Ings by Sky Bet.

The 25-year-old is reportedly looking to leave the Champions League finalists as he looks for more game time.

Perhaps the EPL will permit him to job share with Charlie Austin and take up a single place in the squad between them on grounds they are both injured for half a season each.

Perhaps the EPL will permit him to job share with Charlie Austin and take up a single place in the squad between them on grounds they are both injured for half a season each.

I've said before this is the type of striker we should be looking for! Too injury-prone for the big boys, and he can alternate with Austin with one being on the pitch and the other on the treatment table.

SSN

SAINTS ENTER RACE FOR INGS

Southampton have been made favourites to sign Liverpool striker Danny Ings by Sky Bet.

The 25-year-old is reportedly looking to leave the Champions League finalists as he looks for more game time.

3 years, 4 goals and 2 ACL injuries. Pace - his main asset - gone.

That's got successful signing written all over it.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'm still hoping for a big "unit" CF. Good in the air, scores goals, good with his back to goal, can hold the ball up and bring others into play, likes a bullet header at the far post and someone to get flick on's, for Armstrong arriving in the box, to score :)

basically I'm still pinning for Lambert :blush:

Danny ings way to injury prone I would sell Carillo and Long. Bring in a young striker what about that lad at Celtic? Also give Sam G a run out in preseason see if he can cut the mustard.

Sam Gallagher will never cut it in PL.

I love how some on here say these things , full of certainty, only for said player to carve out a top career at 24+. We have form in this.

It's probably what they said after Harry Kane spent five months on loan at Norwich a few years back and didn't score...

It's probably what they said after Harry Kane spent five months on loan at Norwich a few years back and didn't score...

When he was 19. Gallagher turns 23 in a couple of months and has just scored 6 goals in the Championship. Kane got the Premier League golden boot for his 23rd birthday.

Personally I'm not fussed for most of the strikers on the last couple of pages. Long and Gallagher are Championship players, Austin and Ings can go and be injured somewhere else and there's nothing I can find at any point in Carrillo's career which gives the slightest indication that he is a Premier League player.

I'd take Gabbi, Alcacer plus one more, given choice.

17 goals in 124 appearances means he right up our straza. He’d fit right in in our misfiring front line

Seem so to have come from a similar source to the "Walter Zenga to be Southampton manager" newswire.

In fairness, if Carrillo is off, we do actually need a physical targetman.

Alan Nixon reporting we have a surprise exit on the cards. Who do you think it is?

Would be surprising if it was someone who has just arrived in China. On the other hand Boufal or Carrillo would hardly count as a surprise. Suggests it might be Cedric, Yoshida or least likely Bednarek, if true.

A few people have mentioned it? Wasn't it to help with their quota?

We'd be incredibly lucky to find a team that can pay both fee & his wages.

Yeah ive heard he will be going as no2. Not sure if its a loan or perm

Angus Gunn to replace him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Alan Nixon reporting we have a surprise exit on the cards. Who do you think it is?

Forster to Chelsea

Yeah ive heard he will be going as no2. Not sure if its a loan or perm

Alan Nixon's tweet was:

reluctantnicko: Surprise Southampton exit on cards. Hughes might get more cash for his own men.

So hints at permanent.

Then replied when asked for clues on who it is:

reluctantnicko: Doing a tale for paper in morning I hope. Might stick on here later. New one.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Alan Nixon's tweet was:

reluctantnicko: Surprise Southampton exit on cards. Hughes might get more cash for his own men.

So hints at permanent.

reluctantnicko: Doing a tale for paper in morning I hope. Might stick on here later. New one.

The bit about Hughes getting his own men makes me wonder if it's Carrillo. Is that wishful thinking?

Alan Nixon's tweet was:

So hints at permanent.

Nixon blocked me on twitter when i had a discussion with himabout John Stones being a better right back than Clyne at the time. I strongly disagreed with him and told him we would see 2 years later.

2 years later Clyne was into his first season at Liverpool and Stone was playing center back.

He didn’t want to admit his mistake and subsequently blocked me.

That guy has a big fat ego!!!

Nixon blocked me on twitter when i had a discussion with himabout John Stones being a better right back than Clyne at the time. I strongly disagreed with him and told him we would see 2 years later.

2 years later Clyne was into his first season at Liverpool and Stone was playing center back.

He didn’t want to admit his mistake and subsequently blocked me.

That guy has a big fat ego!!!

Similar here, they don’t like being shown up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk