LD Sports

EBS1980

• 10 months later...
39 minutes ago, Delmary said:

http://ldsports.uk/about

So are Saints actually owned by Lander Sports China? It does seem all too coincidental. As discussed previously,  this all looks rather dodgy. Then there is the Chinese state ownership of Lander Sports China.

So from this link:

LDsports is a sports enterprise headquartered in Southampton, UK.

Really ? Anyone know where this HQ is, or just a storage cupboard at St Mary's ?

In addition to Southampton headquarters,LDsports has opened a number of football training schools in the UK.

Not one to my knowledge near Bristol,  or Gloucestershire. Any other exiles around the country heard of any ?

In 2016, LDportsalso established branches in other European countries. In the process of development, some famous clubs, such as Southampton, Spaniard, Dortmund, Valencia, Frankfurt and so on, have established cooperative relations with Dsports.

Wonder if anyone has told the good people of Dortmund, Frankfurt or Valencia about this.

Seems as suspect as the Max Clifford Training Schools, but at least we knew they actually existed. 

34 minutes ago, Badger said:

So from this link:

Really ? Anyone know where this HQ is, or just a storage cupboard at St Mary's ?

Not one to my knowledge near Bristol,  or Gloucestershire. Any other exiles around the country heard of any ?

Wonder if anyone has told the good people of Dortmund, Frankfurt or Valencia about this.

Seems as suspect as the Max Clifford Training Schools, but at least we knew they actually existed. 

Saints SW have a training centre in Newton Abbot, and heard there is one in W Dorset, but pretty sure those were active and well advertised pre LD Sports. Whole thing bizarre but then Gao ownership has been very random and opaque. Who knows who actually owns it.

• 11 months later...

Any news on the legal action that the club took against LD Sports last year....? 

https://saintsmarching.com/2020/09/04/southampton-saints-chief-speaks-clubs-legal-action-ld-sports/

Speaking to the Athletic, Semmens said:

“It’s important for our fans to know that we will pursue them to the end of the Earth until we get our money back but for this season, it was important that we found the right sponsor so we can move forward.

“(Legal action is) not being considered. It’s already taken. It’s something we have to do. They have a contract with us. We have commitments, they have commitments, and everybody else around us has followed through on their commitments. We expected them to do the same.”

All seems to have gone a tad quiet... it's almost as if LD Sports were never a real entity.... ;)

p.s. you'd have thought they would have updated their website by now... http://ldsports.uk/about 

p.p.s. no squirrel news either :(

b24e78c0abe0932ddd66c3456775cfb6.jpg

Edited by trousers

I'm intrigued by "“It’s important for our fans to know that we will pursue them to the end of the Earth until we get our money back"

Get it back? Surely we weren't taken in so easily we gave them some?

Dont think Semmens understands all contracts with chinese companies arent worth the paper they are written on.

Look at the broadcast deal they flounced out of, look at the myriad of chinese firms taken public in the US for millions and its a bloke in a shed.

All contractual, legal and criminal proceedings have a hard stop at the chinese border.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Dont think Semmens understands all contracts with chinese companies arent worth the paper they are written on.

That's not always the case but it happens often enough.  LD Sports always looked like a textbook sham company.  This surely must have been obvious to the club.  No one's really got to the bottom of why it was formed in the first place - but if it was to take money out of the club then maybe it's no longer a mystery.  But how did they do this? And there's still another question about the links, if any, between LD Sorts and Gao.  

One thing's likely though - the club isn't going to see its money again. 

It took some of our fans minutes to highlight concerns on this "multi million record breaking sponsorship deal" , deep down the club must have realised this wasn't going to end well. Perhaps Gao told them to sign the contract as he was in on it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JRM said:

It took some of our fans minutes to highlight concerns on this "multi million record breaking sponsorship deal" , deep down the club must have realised this wasn't going to end well. Perhaps Gao told them to sign the contract as he was in on it. 

Indeed, the whole thing stinks. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I can’t believe someone with the nous of Semmens would have been duped by this very obvious fake entity. Clearly something stank from the outset and I think you’re probably right, Gao forced this onto them and the club.

3 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

This has to be hands down, the one thing that told me, as if I didn't know it already, was that something seriously stunk with Gao.

Nothing will ever convince me this whole thing wasn't a load of shit from the start.

I know there wasn't ever any evidence to link LD Sports with Gao, but it doesn't take a genius. I don't know what happened as Martin is a pretty switched on guy, could have been an attempt to create a cash vehicle to get money across...but it didn't work? No idea, but it will always be a very dirty bit of business we were involved in there.

I refuse to believe that Gao had nothing to do with it.

Edited by S-Clarke

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I know there wasn't ever any evidence to link LD Sports with Gao, but it doesn't take a genius. I don't know what happened as Martin is a pretty switched on guy, could have been an attempt to create a cash vehicle to get money across...but it didn't work? No idea, but it will always be a very dirty bit of business we were involved in there.

I refuse to believe that Gao had nothing to do with it.

If it was a vehicle and that's what I always thought aswell, then why didn't they just come out and say that?

From what I can see, there's nothing inherently wrong with one of the owners companies sponsoring the club in some form.

Ashley does it with SportsDirect.

If they had said just said it, I'd have been ok with that.

But the absolute bollocks they were coming out with, denying Gao had anything to do with it, with the LD in it, the rank amateur website and the club trying to pass that off to the fans, was contemptuous at best.

13 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

If it was a vehicle and that's what I always thought aswell, then why didn't they just come out and say that?

From what I can see, there's nothing inherently wrong with one of the owners companies sponsoring the club in some form.

Ashley does it with SportsDirect.

If they had said just said it, I'd have been ok with that.

But the absolute bollocks they were coming out with, denying Gao had anything to do with it, with the LD in it, the rank amateur website and the club trying to pass that off to the fans, was contemptuous at best.

Probably in fear of it being noticed by the authorities in China, which Ashley doesn't have to worry about.

Assuming of course it was connected to Gao.

Edited by Badger

• 1 year later...