The small things in life that bring you joy

trousers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Just a warm up game for the final for NZ. Same for SA tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yeah I don't doubt it. Can't see England winning tomorrow. SA were outstanding against France in the QF.

England likely to lose to SA in World Cups twice tomorrow - Rugby and cricket.

The things you can get away with when talking to children.

Yesterday we had our son's 2 kids dropped off whilst he went to Bloomfield Road with some work colleagues. When he was late getting back we told his 3 year old daughter he was stuck on the motorway. ( Which would be a very roundabout route to take ). Eventually he got to ours about 2 hours late and she asked him if he had got stuck on the motorway.

"Yes" he replied, "I got stuck at the Royal Oak services, then Ma Kelly's services, then The Railway services".

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More British military gently mocking the US forces, taken from the comments under a YouTube video;

"I was flying up the East Coast one time in an RAF C-130 and we were asked by ATC if we minded being Embellished (intercepted). Anything to liven things up so we agreed. Twenty minutes later a pair of Tomcatss appears, one on each wing tip, about 10 feet separated. Lead comes on 243 and says "Want to see something you can't do?" "Sure". So they sit there, cycling the wings back and forward, perfectly synchronised, still in perfect formation. Fantastic piece of flying. "Awesome says our co-pilot. Want to see something you can't do?" A couple of minutes pass. "So are you gonna do it?" "I am doing it, I'm eating my steak!""

56 minutes ago, Turkish said:

when everyone is out or in bed and im sitting quietly on my own going through you tube videos of some of my favourite songs throughout the years

Yeah that’s always good use of time along with randomly asking Alexa to play something from the vaults. My wife was a a fan of The Bangles so I had some of that in tribute to her and in honour of Susanna Hoffs 65th birthday this week.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Yeah that’s always good use of time along with randomly asking Alexa to play something from the vaults. My wife was a a fan of The Bangles so I had some of that in tribute to her and in honour of Susanna Hoffs 65th birthday this week.

they just come on TOTP 1986 on BBC4. Nice memories to have there. Plus never a bad thing to watch a young Susan Hoffs 😉

• 3 weeks later...

the new series of Gladiators. A throw back to my youth but who needs Jet now we've got Cyclone, Sabre and Diamond?

Tonights female winner game me joy too 🙂

Edited by Turkish

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

the new series of Gladiators. A throw back to my youth but who needs Jet now we've got Cyclone, Sabre and Diamond?

Tonights female winner game me joy too 🙂

I am liking it, although my only gripe would be about half of the Gladiators are trying too hard to be the new Wolf-style, self proclaimed bad boy/girl. It was fun in the nineties when it was just him, now it just feels like they're after more Instagram followers and a stint on Love Island.

7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I am liking it, although my only gripe would be about half of the Gladiators are trying too hard to be the new Wolf-style, self proclaimed bad boy/girl. It was fun in the nineties when it was just him, now it just feels like they're after more Instagram followers and a stint on Love Island.

A couple of the bloke ones are bellends but most of them are pretty sound. I always wondered how fit the gladiators actually are and if they’re just big lumps who look good for the cameras but Steel is Zack George who used to be UK CrossFit champion. The guy insanely fit and strong so all credit to the athletes doing it. 

Not much to be joyous about at the moment but, to cheer myself up today, I have put some of our most esteemed posters against the fictional characters that they make me think of- some of you youngsters might have to get on Google.

Lord Duckhunter = Alf Garnett, Till Death Us Do Part

Weston SS = Trigger, Only Fools and Horses

AlexLaw76 = Constable Savage, Not The 9 O’Clock News

CB Fry = Malcolm Tucker, The Thick Of It

hypochondriac = the gormless, spotty character on his own avatar

Turkish = Jay Cartwright, The Inbetweeners 

Me? I’m going for Wolfie Smith, Citizen Smith

😉

• Haha 3