The small things in life that bring you joy

trousers

40 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Not much to be joyous about at the moment but, to cheer myself up today, I have put some of our most esteemed posters against the fictional characters that they make me think of- some of you youngsters might have to get on Google.

Lord Duckhunter = Alf Garnett, Till Death Us Do Part

Weston SS = Trigger, Only Fools and Horses

AlexLaw76 = Constable Savage, Not The 9 O’Clock News

CB Fry = Malcolm Tucker, The Thick Of It

hypochondriac = the gormless, spotty character on his own avatar

Turkish = Jay Cartwright, The Inbetweeners 

Me? I’m going for Wolfie Smith, Citizen Smith

😉

That! That right there is why you are, without a shadow of doubt, the greatest wind up on the innernetz.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

That! That right there is why you are, without a shadow of doubt, the greatest wind up on the innernetz.

Ah,bless you Weston, but there are many others far more worthy of that accolade.

And, to quote the late, great Dame Edna Everage, “If you can’t laugh at yourself, you might be missing the joke of the century”. 😘

Edited by sadoldgit
Typo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Not much to be joyous about at the moment but, to cheer myself up today, I have put some of our most esteemed posters against the fictional characters that they make me think of- some of you youngsters might have to get on Google.

😉

I imagine you to be a cross between Mr Dont Want to Do that from Harry Enfield c1992 and Ken Barlow

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Turkish said:

talking of which this is one of my favourite characters ever. Some of the drips on here could do with this sort of therapy.

😂😂 

Brilliant character, and a cracking sketch. 

On 25/02/2024 at 15:37, sadoldgit said:

😉

There probably isn’t much to be happy about when you spend your day listening to radio phone ins, reading the Guardian, spending hours scrolling the internet to prove if Jews are a race or not but here are some great tips or hacks as the cool kids say to help you. Thanks me later 

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

The new atrium / entrance at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, which looks more like an airport than a hospital. It is welcoming, bright, and contains a COSTA COFFEE, an M&S food outlet, a WH Smith's, obviously a pharmacy.........and less obviously - a travel agency.

Edited by badgerx16

On 27/02/2024 at 20:04, Turkish said:

There probably isn’t much to be happy about when you spend your day listening to radio phone ins, reading the Guardian, spending hours scrolling the internet to prove if Jews are a race or not but here are some great tips or hacks as the cool kids say to help you. Thanks me later 

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

Agree with all of them! 

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

The pedant in me needs to take issue with 8 billion people ‘doing well in life’

The last set of mindfulness things I listened to, all began with "As long as you are breathing, there's more right with you than wrong with you." Which I took issue with, my mild grumpiness ruining the start of every session. 🙂 

47 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Regarding number 10; The Russian Admiral Rozhestvensky, who lost the battle of Tsushima during the Russo-Japanese war, woke up one morning and read his own obituary.

Sadly, only a day after reading this, and realising he should be very careful, he accidentally fell from a window, being poisoned on the way down.

58 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Sadly, only a day after reading this, and realising he should be very careful, he accidentally fell from a window, being poisoned on the way down.

Those impromptu barbeque pool parties at Michael Barrymore's place were notoriously full-on! 

• 2 weeks later...