20/21 Kit

Hatch

20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Can’t we just use this season’s away kit at home?

so we win more games? Good plan. I quite like the current third kit and would be happy to roll with that. in general I have liked the predominantly white kits over the years such as the Hummel white and green number, the Umbro all white with pin stripe and the current kit. I wasn't a huge fan of the very popular sash kit and am not keen on this year's sash either. As others have said, anything will be better than this years horror show.

Edited by Chez

18 minutes ago, Chez said:

so we win more games? Good plan. I quite like the current third kit and would be happy to roll with that. in general I have liked the predominantly white kits over the years such as the Hummel white and green number, the Umbro all white with pin stripe and the current kit. I wasn't a huge fan of the very popular sash kit and am not keen on this year's sash either. As others have said, anything will be better than this years horror show.

That was my plan yes. Maybe add a few Pompey and Norwich mosaics to the stands too.

56 minutes ago, scousesaint84 said:

More concepts doing the rounds

How difficult would it be to have something like these??? It does make you wonder , just shows you it really isn’t hard to have some imagination with stripes. I have said previously that we should keep to stripes or a take on the “keegan” top, not averse to sash on the away though. White away looks yummy but two reasons why I wouldn’t want it is firstly many will dig out their anniversary tops and secondly we would need a third kit, yellow and blue version ticks the box!!!

10 minutes ago, JCBSaint said:

How difficult would it be to have something like these??? It does make you wonder , just shows you it really isn’t hard to have some imagination with stripes.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

They look like every other striped shirt. How do they use imagination?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JCBSaint said:

How difficult would it be to have something like these??? It does make you wonder , just shows you it really isn’t hard to have some imagination with stripes. I have said previously that we should keep to stripes or a take on the “keegan” top, not averse to sash on the away though. White away looks yummy but two reasons why I wouldn’t want it is firstly many will dig out their anniversary tops and secondly we would need a third kit, yellow and blue version ticks the box!!!

Not sure if those concepts were intended as a home, away and possibly third kit, but if so then their "imagination" wasn't great as all feature red.

I'm with you on either red and white stripes (front and back) or keegan era. I like the red sash on white but would reserve that for anniversaries or specials. Aside from the red sash on white I'm not a fan of the design in other colours (looks too much like a Thunderbirds costume - showing my age).

Away kit - would like a return to amber and black, and don't mind the sky/navy (esp the 'keegan' design). Yellow and blue has been done to death by us and every other club since the 1970's.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

If a team wore  a red top ie Man U or a blue top Ie Everton then you can see how difficult it is to keep it fresh every year, we are stripes we don’t need to be FANCY stripes ZIGZAG stripes BROKEN stripes or anything other than STRIPES. They can be tweaked here  and there but how else are stripes meant to look???? We can go thinner or thicker Or a combo of both, we can go pinstripe here and there ,mainly white sleeve or red sleeve we can go loads of ways and changes every year but the fundamental thing is STRIPES!! 

14 hours ago, Badger said:

Away kit - would like a return to amber and black, and don't mind the sky/navy (esp the 'keegan' design). Yellow and blue has been done to death by us and every other club since the 1970's.

I'd like to see a return the the amber/black away combination or the blue Keegan-era away kit too. We should dig into our heritage a bit more rather than the same old obsessions.

I really like the white (with red sash) concept. I think our recent white kits have looked really smart. 

Not holding my breath with UA and whoever signs the kits off in the club. 

4 hours ago, Stoozer said:

I'd like to see a return the the amber/black away combination or the blue Keegan-era away kit too. We should dig into our heritage a bit more rather than the same old obsessions.

I really like the white (with red sash) concept. I think our recent white kits have looked really smart. 

Not holding my breath with UA and whoever signs the kits off in the club. 

I thought it had been said it was a reverse of the home, with the 3rd being blue?

I like many would prefer a striped kit, but it would seem to have a chance of winning the league (:)) a solid colour kit would be the way forward.

Only Blackburn have won the Premier league without a one colour  predominant shirt.

Just a little fact I thought I mention that brings nothing to the thread really! 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, LeisureLobster said:

spacer.png

A very crude mock up based on the St Pauli Template. 

This is basically it.

Apart from its a slightly darker red, the black part of the collar continues down into the V (but white stops like you've done it) and the badge/shield is flat along the top and sides.

On 30/06/2020 at 21:11, djharvey said:

Did you notice any sort of reference to 135yr anniversary?

No I didnt notice, sorry.

Edited by St Louis

Given the global presence of Under Armour the do seem like a bunch of Stumblebums dragging their feet each year with our kits.

all seems a bit tinpot 

But then when the CEO of our headline sponsor is a bloody Squirrel we shouldn’t be surprised it’s all a bit cockeyed.

Edited by John Boy Saint

Hypothetical question to those that buy the shirts......would you pay say £10 more if you could choose NOT to have the sponsor logo? Just got me thinking off the back of seeing those Oldham kits. Surely it’s only the players kits that get the media coverage not Joe Public stood on the terraces. 

1 hour ago, John Boy Saint said:

They are in a spot of Bury type bother so probably still searching

Fair enough, 9 times out of 10 kits looks better without a sponsor (some odd exceptions where it's added a bit of character). I was a big fan of the Huddersfield Paddypower kits and the PR stunt was pretty clever.  

• Lighthouse changed the title to 20/21 Kit: Released - Official
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic