20/21 Kit

Hatch

13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Well if that's true the first that proves my point that it's a marketing exercise rather than something necessary for the team. 

You said marketing gimmick! 

I totally agree though, great marketing exercise/strategy if they get it right!

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Well gimmick/exercise whatever your perspective is. Point is it's an unnecessary third kit to flog to supporters. Good luck to them I'm sure many people will like it. 

Can't say that aspect of it bothers me, personally. They could release 38 different kits, you don't have to buy any of them. If there's an extra option for the collectors out there, it's their choice.

13 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Can't say that aspect of it bothers me, personally. They could release 38 different kits, you don't have to buy any of them. If there's an extra option for the collectors out there, it's their choice.

I didn't say it bothered me, I'm happy for them to do it. 

🤦🏻‍♂️ I really hope that is not our new shirt, it’s awful!! In no way does that look like SOUTHAMPTON FC . A few seasons ago we had plain red tops , this is just as bad!! Am sure many will like but my opinion is we are red and white, that top is red with a white bit. 

• Like 2

Some may disagree but don't think there should be any black on a Saints shirt. The shirt should be simple red and white stripes with red cuffs and collar. The only black should be in the sponsor logo. Unfortunately Under Armour love to throw in a faddy design piece which makes the shirt look tacky. 

2 hours ago, JCBSaint said:

Absolutely agree with that. Keep it simple, shorts should be the only thing with black on, white socks or red and white hoop socks. SIMPLES

Agree black shorts with white stripe down each side and white socks with two red rings on the turnover at the top. Class.

5 hours ago, St Louis said:

No, its plain red on the back.

This is absolute dog sh!t in my opinion.

We're red and white ffs....plain backs are dreadful.Can't hide behind the it's a UEFA ruling (which it isn't) or even a EPL, FA, whatever ruling when Newcastle and others continue to have stripes.

Yeah that’s the kinda thing, pretty simple!!! If I am going to be fussy I wouldn’t have anything around the badge, doesn’t need it and no need for any black on the shirt in my opinion, whatever us fans come up with our new shirt will be something completely left field as has been allegedly leaked. Surely if a simple striped shirt at around £40 was being lined up then it would sell like hot cakes! The stadium would be filled of red and white!! Am just worried the new thing we get is chosen not long after the kit we have Now!! . On the same theme I think it should be a ruling that only two kits ie a home and away kit is needed per club. We play in red and white, away kit yellow, touch of blue as in shorts, we wouldn’t need another kit! I am old skool I guess, I hate Liverpool but when they turned up at The Dell in yellow it  just looked like Liverpool, nowadays teams like them have a white second kit then need a black one to play us, same with other teams another example Man City have that classic red and black striped away kit, it looks like Man City, they look like a packet of refresher sweets these days!! 

Bit too busy for me, Take out the middle stripe on chest, make sleeves white and have a red stripe running down top of the sleeve!  sorry it sounds like I am an expert I don’t mean to sound like a know all just again my opinion. Lovely though that us fans can come up with stuff that trumps what we inevitably get!! More concepts if any of you can come up with some.

11 hours ago, JCBSaint said:

Bit too busy for me, Take out the middle stripe on chest, make sleeves white and have a red stripe running down top of the sleeve!  sorry it sounds like I am an expert I don’t mean to sound like a know all just again my opinion. Lovely though that us fans can come up with stuff that trumps what we inevitably get!! More concepts if any of you can come up with some.

Like this? ;)

https://images.app.goo.gl/CRUqHgAHiz2X12Pt8

Yep, the classic saints top. Am sure a modern version based on that wd be a winner with everyone, be nice to have it without a plain  back aswell as that’s not a requirement, also be good to keep for a couple of years and tweak just a bit more after that . 

Like the stripe thickness, just remove the black shoulders, get rid of the shield, add some sort of nice weave/subtle toning, make the collar red or white, return to the navy shorts, and it's job done. Simple, classic.

16 hours ago, scousesaint84 said:

once again fans coming up with nicer designs than UA

Even the LD logo is nearly passable in that. 

Although that in itself might be a problem in the shirt design, not making the sponsors logo prominent enough.

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Yup that would do. Its not too hard designing a Saints top, keep it simple.

53 minutes ago, Chez said:

Like the stripe thickness, just remove the black shoulders, get rid of the shield, add some sort of nice weave/subtle toning, make the collar red or white, return to the navy shorts, and it's job done. Simple, classic.

Every year though there are some decent designs on here, which are better than the crap we end up with.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:08 PM, JCBSaint said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ I really hope that is not our new shirt, it’s awful!! In no way does that look like SOUTHAMPTON FC . A few seasons ago we had plain red tops , this is just as bad!! Am sure many will like but my opinion is we are red and white, that top is red with a white bit. 

After the sash, quarters and then halves, we had stripes for the next 80-odd years (and blue shorts and socks for around half of our existence) up until the 'Keegan' shirt which turned out to be one of our most popular ever. We didn't then have stripes for a decade.

If they want to sell a new shirt every year then there's only so much you can do with stripes and fans will likely give a few a miss, so have to come up with something radical occasionally. I'm not a shirt wearer myself but think a red shirt with a white sash (if true) will become a popular new design in years to come.

7 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Now THAT would be my favourite away kit EVER !

7 hours ago, scousesaint84 said:

That home and away combination, with a yellow third kit, would sell by the absolute boat load.

But no, it sounds like we’ll get another Under Armour horror show with some random white sash.

1 hour ago, LeisureLobster said:

spacer.png

Concept based on Darren22's mock up. 

Anything is better than this years kit so I'll take it although I guarantee the sponsor will look 10x worse on the real thing.

Edited by Disco Stu

34 minutes ago, LeisureLobster said:

spacer.png

Concept based on Darren22's mock up. 

Actually really like that with the black shorts and red socks - so much better than this seasons pile of  shite even if it is stripes. 

35 minutes ago, capitalsaint said:

spacer.png

As I said previously:

On 6/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, Badger said:

Agree it looks like any old team who normally wear red trying to jazz the monotony of the plain shirt up a bit. Something you'd expect to see Middlesbrough or Swindon attempt.

Personal choice is the Keegan era kit, a reverse Ajax kit. 

9 hours ago, BILLY said:

Actually really like that with the black shorts and red socks - so much better than this seasons pile of  shite even if it is stripes. 

Thats very close.
The badge isn't so triangular and the collar is slightly different, with a break in the white piping at the front, but good effort.
Im not so sure on shorts and socks. 

18 hours ago, St Louis said:

Thats very close.
The badge isn't so triangular and the collar is slightly different, with a break in the white piping at the front, but good effort.
Im not so sure on shorts and socks. 

St Pauli unveiled their new kits today and from the above I'm guessing this is the collar (and by extension potentially the 'template' for the entire shirt).

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Mozz said:

St Pauli unveiled their new kits today and from the above I'm guessing this is the collar (and by extension potentially the 'template' for the entire shirt).

spacer.png

Thats it.
Our badges arent so high on the chest, but thats the template.