Re-examining and learning from history

badgerx16

1 hour ago, whelk said:

I don’t see gender I just see a person. I want to call out all the hateful prejudicial shrieks when I choose to use the ladies for a piss. Crush these phobias and make sure we find some more quickly.

One of my best mates is a woman. Fact. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If you read the post again, I stated that sprinters tended to be black because of their physiology.  I've not mentioned anything about long distance runners - except when I've stated that there are plenty of black / African runners who could, if they had  the opportunity, become very good cyclists as a result of their physiology.  I have never claimed that there are no good white long distance runners as that is clearly ridiculous.

I agree with you that different people are good at different things.  I also agree that we shouldn't pidgeon hole people depending on their race.  I was merely pointing out that different physiologies make different people good at different things.  Their race, gender, colour, creed and religion are secondary to that, however, do have an influence on the opportunity available to become good at the different things.  I don't think it's 'racist' to point this out.

No it’s not racist to point that out, but it is lazy stereotyping. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

No it’s not racist to point that out, but it is lazy stereotyping. 

You are no doubt oblivious to ethnic make up of long distance runners and could not spot a trend?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Are there biological differences between different races? 

So i just spoke to my Mum, and she was on a conference call with around 10 very important worms, but they had to find someone with a different biological makeup to themselves to join the call.

In other news, those pesky BAMEs are getting offended just for the sake of it - what a wimp David McGoldrick is... 

Edited by Earthworm Jim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Earthworm Jim said:

So i just spoke to my Mum, and she was on a conference call with around 10 very important worms, but they had to find someone with a different biological makeup to themselves to join the call. In the end they had to invite a human. 

In other news, those pesky BAMEs are getting offended just for the sake of it - what a wimp David McGoldrick is... 

That McGoldrick just wants to shut down debate and freedom of expression. Don't let him cancel us! 

2 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

So i just spoke to my Mum, and she was on a conference call with around 10 very important worms, but they had to find someone with a different biological makeup to themselves to join the call.

Someone already made a variation of that 'joke' a few days ago and it wasn't funny then. Get some new material. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Jonnyboy said:

That McGoldrick just wants to shut down debate and freedom of expression. Don't let him cancel us! 

What a bizarre thing to say. Don't think you'll find anyone on here that wouldn't condemn a comment like that and hope that the perpetrator is found and dealt with. The fact you don't think that frankly speaks volumes for your mindset. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Someone already made a variation of that 'joke' a few days ago and it wasn't funny then. Get some new material. 

I can't believe you treat that Tweet as a "joke". So what if Zaha had to deal with similar a few days earlier. 

Fucking hell mate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

What a bizarre thing to say. Don't think you'll find anyone on here that wouldn't condemn a comment like that and hope that the perpetrator is found and dealt with. The fact you don't think that frankly speaks volumes for your mindset. 

I'm not so sure, there are some overt racists on the 'Irish Travellers' thread who probably think that's acceptable.  Once a racist, always a racist i guess...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I can't believe you treat that Tweet as a "joke". So what if Zaha had to deal with similar a few days earlier. 

Fucking hell mate. 

You're a laugh a minute. Go on, do the one about the black mate again. Oh how we guffawed. 

Edited by hypochondriac

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm not so sure, there are some overt racists on the 'Irish Travellers' thread who probably think that's acceptable.  Once a racist, always a racist i guess...

Don't want to bring that topic onto this one, but I expect you'd find that anyone making a flippant comment about the traveller community wouldn't have any sort of issue with their race and probably woild have nothing to say if they didn't have personal experience of some travellers being a public nuisance and a health hazard. You'd have to check with the people involved though but that was my reading of it. Imo not really in the same league as open racist abuse on social media. 

6 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Shocking message. Twitter is full of nobs like that, I dropped using it due to a few surprsing strong messages from Indians and Aussies when commenting on anything cricket. Twitter is more poison than FB imo, seems less unchecked/governed to me. Wouldn't be surprised to find this message is another teenager thinking he is being funny. Hope they are caught and re-educated. 

10 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Shocking message. Twitter is full of nobs like that, I dropped using it due to a few surprsing strong messages from Indians and Aussies when commenting on anything cricket. Twitter is more poison than FB imo, seems less unchecked/governed to me. Wouldn't be surprised to find this message is another teenager thinking he is being funny. Hope they are caught and re-educated. 

It was on Instagram apparently. not that the platform matters that much 

22 hours ago, whelk said:

You are no doubt oblivious to ethnic make up of long distance runners and could not spot a trend?

There are no decent white long distance runners then? What ethnicity was Lasse Viren for example? Steve Ovett? I’m sure there are one or two more.

Edited by sadoldgit
Error
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

You realise what the word trend is don't you? 

You realise that there are and have been plenty of very able and competitive white long distance runners do you?  Do you know what racial stereotyping is do you?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

You realise that there are and have been plenty of very able and competitive white long distance runners do you?  Do you know what racial stereotyping is do you?

Is it racial stereotyping to point out that in the last 6 Olympic games, the mens long distance medals have gone to;

3000m steeplechase - 13 of 18 medals to african born athletes

5000m - all 18 medals to African born athletes

10000m - 17 of 18 medals to african born athletes

Marathon - 14 of 18 medals to african born athletes

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

So desperate not to be seen as racist you’re now saying it’s racist to say black people are the best long distance runners this is brilliant 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeBizzier69 said:

I’d say ITV have finally learned from history, probably following much re-examining of his work. Cheerio Clive Tyldesley. 

Apparently, his great great great great great grandfather once had a cup of tea with a chap who owned a slave. Thats his career finished. 

Edited by st.bangkok

22 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

There are no decent white long distance runners then? What ethnicity was Lasse Viren for example? Steve Ovett? I’m sure there are one or two more.

That’s more like the SOG line of argument we all love.  

Well I'm with Rupert Lowe on this one, I'm frothing at the mouth with gammony indignation, I have veins sticking out on my forehead and I refuse to engage with any of the facts behind this case, I will just continue to be confused by her being a dangerous idiot and the fact that she was a groomed child, and the great gift that has been bestowed upon her is to be tried in a British court!!

I'm so angry I could put on mustard slacks and appoint Harry Redknapp to solve everything!

😡

• Haha 1

Well I'm with Rupert Lowe on this one, I'm frothing at the mouth with gammony indignation, I have veins sticking out on my forehead and I refuse to engage with any of the facts behind this case, I will just continue to be confused by her being a dangerous idiot and the fact that she was a groomed child, and the great gift that has been bestowed upon her is to be tried in a British court!!

I'm so angry I could put on mustard slacks and appoint Harry Redknapp to solve everything!

😡

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

She’s British. She is our problem and she needs to be dealt with here. No brainer.

Maybe they should give her a place in Romney Marsh and she can be a Romney Marsh problem. I'm sure she'd fit right in given all the other non white people that live there. If she lived near you then you might even have to speak to someone who wasn't white every now and again.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Agreed. 

You can’t go round taking citizenship off people. If she makes her way home, she should be allowed in and put on trial. 

Did she not voluntarily give hers up, when she left to become a citizen of the Islamic State, rather like Tina Turner?

Yes, I fear all of those famous N-word statuez in Compton are going to be politely removed by concerned Klan members. 

I'd like to think we can all agree that while a black dog that airmen abused as cheap entertainment by getting it drunk and laughing at, was acceptable 75 years ago, in 2020 one might observe that it's treatment and name wasn't our finest hour.

The famous dog should still be remembered, but persisting in celebrating its 'once-amusing' name when society has evolved, merely courts controversy and distracts from the incredible achievements of Gibson and his crews. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Yes, I fear all of those famous N-word statuez in Compton are going to be politely removed by concerned Klan members. 

I'd like to think we can all agree that while a black dog that airmen abused as cheap entertainment by getting it drunk and laughing at, was acceptable 75 years ago, in 2020 one might observe that it's treatment and name wasn't our finest hour.

The famous dog should still be remembered, but persisting in celebrating its 'once-amusing' name when society has evolved, merely courts controversy and distracts from the incredible achievements of Gibson and his crews. 

Who was celebrating the name? 

17 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

So you support erasing history ?

24 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So you support erasing history ?

Yes, he and his types want all white history erased. They will gladly become slaves to the blacks as they are so determined to out virtue each other. That is what all this is about. A virtue competition to see which one of them can be the most anti-white/black supporting and demean themselves the most in the name of the cause. 

Most of it is down to their huge levels of self-loathing and insecurity. They yearn to be loved and popular, but because they are such dull people most every day folk don't like them so they have to side with minority groups and causes to get friends and feel good about themselves. In the war they would doubtless have been conciencious objectors. 

In fact I would add to that, these people are likely the ones who are the racists as they all try so hard to come over as intellectual and non-racist; likely it is a case of thou protesteth to much. People who are genuinely not racist do not need to keep proving they are not with all this virtue signalling etc. 

Edited by st.bangkok
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, st.bangkok said:

Yes, he and his types want all white history erased. They will gladly become slaves to the blacks as they are so determined to out virtue each other. That is what all this is about. A virtue competition to see which one of them can be the most anti-white/black supporting and demean themselves the most in the name of the cause. 

Most of it is down to their huge levels of self-loathing and insecurity. They yearn to be loved and popular, but because they are such dull people most every day folk don't like them so they have to side with minority groups and causes to get friends and feel good about themselves. In the war they would doubtless have been conciencious objectors. 

In fact I would add to that, these people are likely the ones who are the racists as they all try so hard to come over as intellectual and non-racist; likely it is a case of thou protesteth to much. People who are genuinely not racist do not need to keep proving they are not with all this virtue signalling etc. 

This is the most confused 6 lines i've ever read on this forum. And let's be fair..the bars been set pretty set pretty high over the years!

Edited by wadesmith
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st.bangkok said:

Blimey. I don't agree with him but that's a bit much! 

• Like 2