20/21 TV fixtures

Wiggles31

Will they be streaming fixtures again like the did after Covid? 

Will really lose interest in the season (till fans come back) if we can’t watch Saints games live. 

Presumably like most haven’t renewed my season ticket until knowing I can actually attend. 

Edited by Wiggles31

PL have agreed to televise an additional 20 games next season (200 to 220), Sky getting the lion share at 12.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12052895/140-premier-league-games-to-be-shown-live-on-sky-sports-during-the-2020-21-season

That’s your lot, and none at this stage will be made free to view, you’ll need a Sky Sports, BT Sport or Amazon Prime sub to to watch any of the 220 games that are televised.

Edit: Clubs proposed streaming games that weren’t being broadcast by Sky, BT and Amazon via the iFollow service, to make up for lost revenue whilst stadiums empty/under capacity... the broadcasters & PL rejected this.

Edited by em00jie
  • Sad 1

On 20/08/2020 at 20:39, S-Clarke said:

Some more chat about it here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53856921

Will be interesting to see if fan pressure makes any change. Probably not, it's all driven by $$

I can't believe there won't be some agreement reached to stream all games. Even after crowds start to be allowed in (potentially in October), it's expected that stadia will be operating at a maximum of 30% capacity; and less than that if the design of an individual stadium dictates. So there's going to be a massive audience for the games who, if there isn't an official feed for the game they want to watch, will look for a unauthorised stream instead. There's a chance to make some money out of people who'd pay to watch a stream of their teams' games, and I'd be amazed if the clubs don't ultimately take it.

It’s unbelievable in so many ways, but the short sightedness of the Premier league is mind boggling. It could be the Trojan horse that eventually leads to the premier league having their own streaming service. 3 o’clock games, every single match on TV, games spread out all week with games every day, it’s a genie that won’t be able to put back into the bottle once things return to normal. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

EFL can strike a deal whereby their games are streamed on clubs websites free to season ticket holders and £10 to everyone else.

Premier League can’t agree to that...... unbelievable 

It's annoying, but it's probably the high cost of the rights issues. If you've sold a deal to Sky/BT for £1000000bn (or whatever), then saying "can our fans watch the games for a tenner a pop?" is tricky. The lower down the leagues you go, the less expensive the TV rights and the less of a toss anyone gives about streaming the matches for a few quid.

Edited by SaintBobby

I wouldnt be surprised if the so called "football blackout" with TV audiences is overturned. Making 3pm kick offs available to say Amazon or a Premier League app streaming service, you could make even extra cash. You would usually have 3 or 4 Saturday 3pm kick offs which if were all available you could sell either individual games or as a pay per month similar to Amazon Prime or Prime would have all the games available. Under normal circumstances they aren't available unless a dodgy unsteady stream can be found this could open up the market in the UK and personally I dont think it will affect attendances which was the original argument to block stop it in the '60s

13 hours ago, Stu_Saint said:

I wouldnt be surprised if the so called "football blackout" with TV audiences is overturned. Making 3pm kick offs available to say Amazon or a Premier League app streaming service, you could make even extra cash. You would usually have 3 or 4 Saturday 3pm kick offs which if were all available you could sell either individual games or as a pay per month similar to Amazon Prime or Prime would have all the games available. Under normal circumstances they aren't available unless a dodgy unsteady stream can be found this could open up the market in the UK and personally I dont think it will affect attendances which was the original argument to block stop it in the '60s

Agree. They should certainly do something whilst attendance numbers are controlled by social distancing etc. 
I can’t understand how they can show every match at the end of one season then, under the same contracts with broadcasters revert to normal when the only difference will be about 20% of a regular attendance will be in the ground....and even that won’t be from Day 1 on 12 Sept.

I see Brighton are looking to be the first to trial a game with supporters back. They are like the over keen kid in the classroom, they’ve been extremely vocal since talk of going back in June.

6 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Been suggested only season ticket holders will have access to their teams games if they're televised, other than the ones picked normally that is. If so I'll still be looking for streams as I ain't paying £700 for it. 

Just buy an iptv box. Cost 70 pounds and you ll have all world s channels.

I doubt the club will provide any passes for away games, home games yeah....but away games, you'll just have to find a way to pay/watch it.

Doesn't sound like fans are going to be back in stadiums anytime soon anyway, so we'll probably see most of the next two months broadcast live via some form.

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

Doubt pubs are going to be open for much longer tbh. Well, they shouldn't be if they new restrictions are anything to go by.

Ban social gatherings of no more than 6 people, indoors and outdoors, including pubs etc. If that's what they want to do, why keep pubs open? 

Sorry, don't want to go into a COVID rant! But the waffle and mixed crap never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah, that's a good point. Where I go has an outside area, which may possibly help, and 3pm on a Saturday is not particularly busy. It's difficult to plan anything at the moment. The government doesn't even bother trying. I might take the opportunity to travel from Hampshire to Scotland for a Covid test..

Me?! Do anything illegal? /clutches pearls/..

Very sensible! Mind you, had a table to myself and plenty of space when I watched some of the restart games there. Everybody was being very good with the hand gel and washing although I don't know whether that has relaxed much as I haven't been back. Seeing as we've restarted football training and had our first friendly (and even that had to be registered with the FA) there seem plenty of opportunities to pass it on elsewhere..

25 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Me?! Do anything illegal? /clutches pearls/..

Very sensible! Mind you, had a table to myself and plenty of space when I watched some of the restart games there. Everybody was being very good with the hand gel and washing although I don't know whether that has relaxed much as I haven't been back. Seeing as we've restarted football training and had our first friendly (and even that had to be registered with the FA) there seem plenty of opportunities to pass it on elsewhere..

Did you not think that the nuts on the bar just didn't taste like they use to. ☺️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

I have just got BT Sport on Sky. It on a 31 day rolling contract so can cancel at virtually any time. £25 per month but paid for with my refund on ST for Spurs game. Can also watch the Speedway GPs live which are only on BT!

You can get it for half that price on Sky via PlusNet Broadband.