Burnley vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

We’ve gone off the boil. No ability to keep the ball for any extended time.

Not sure I’ve seen a team look less threatening as us from corners as the few we’ve had so far. Almost like we don’t push too many forwards to protect against the counter attack.

Actually the possession ratio has tilted in our favour over the last 10-15 mins, and it's that that worries me more. We never, ever win when we have more possession than the opposition. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

We are winning but I don’t feel comfortable.

Probably because we are leading, not winning. You don't win until the final whistle. Sorry, no. until 3 minutes after the final whistle and the 'big' club has been awarded a post-match penalty.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

Would like to see Djenepo be a bit more positive when he gets it in their third. Doing a lot of turning back towards our goal so far.

Still, decent-ish half I guess.

Agreed. Bertrand makes the run off him so when he cuts back he gives it back to Romeu or Vestergaard and a couple of tentative passes later we're backs to goal and a defender out of position or Vestergaard has tried to thread it through three lines of play and given it away. Just carry it up the line and try to win something.  

• Like 1

Shocking low quality game - fortunately for us Burnley have got a few more carthorses that we have.

Going to need that second. There's no way they won't shithouse a goal from somewhere. "Soft penalty" would be my guess.

Armstrong and Djenepo haven't brought their feet tonight, but as we have no alternatives on the bench, we'll just have to hope they remember how to control the ball after the break.

Hard to pick anyone that's playing well. Vestergaard's going all right, to be fair.

7 minutes ago, Saint Pete said:

Would like to see Djenepo be a bit more positive when he gets it in their third. Doing a lot of turning back towards our goal so far.

Still, decent-ish half I guess.

It's going to take a long time for him to be mentally in the right place again, understandably 

Thanks to CC for the stream link!
Anyway, thank goodness Ings showed his class in the first few minutes.
Lucky to get away with the penalty
We were playing at a high pace so hope we can keep that up for the second half.
Remember the Spurs game anyone?

4 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Shocking low quality game - fortunately for us Burnley have got a few more carthorses that we have.

Going to need that second. There's no way they won't shithouse a goal from somewhere. "Soft penalty" would be my guess.

Armstrong and Djenepo haven't brought their feet tonight, but as we have no alternatives on the bench, we'll just have to hope they remember how to control the ball after the break.

Hard to pick anyone that's playing well. Vestergaard's going all right, to be fair.

Good summary, agreed. Definitely need a second goal.

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I remember that first goal he scored for us and he looked full of running and a livewire. We haven't seen much since then sadly. 

Yeah he definitely has the right attributes hopefully he can use football to honour his mum and push on, I'm sure he will this season just needs a goal 

Djenepo is playing a good game in the sense he’s putting in a real shift winning some important balls...better than Redmond has shown lately. Vest is doing very well at the moment. Danny and Che looking good as a pairing. Romeu has played the ball well. Just need another goal to feel like we’re really on top, otherwise I can see my 1-1 prediction as an end result.

Thanks to CC for the stream link!
Anyway, thank goodness Ings showed his class in the first few minutes.
Lucky to get away with the penalty
We were playing at a high pace so hope we can keep that up for the second half.
Remember the Spurs game anyone?