Le Tiss in hall of fame.

Saint_clark

12 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I've met MLT quite a few times and I've been on telly with him twice. Every single time he's been an absolute gentleman and he's also let me buy him a pint at the pub. Had some great chats, been a top bloke and does loads of stuff in the area and for various good causes. 

I couldn't give less of a shit what some losers think about something he's posted on twitter. He's the best player I've ever seen play for for my team and is a hero of mine and I still have a signed football from him under my bed. Thankfully social media isn't real life so I'm sure he is still greeted warmly wherever he goes around Southampton as he should be. Legend. Absolutely hilarious that some so called saints fans are wetting their knickers still about some flippant comments on social media. 

I will also happily let you buy me a pint. I'm very generous like that. Same goes for anyone on here. Or anyone in the world actually! ;) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Yes MLT is absolutely entitled to his political views but there are a political views and there are political views. To deny the death of 3 million people worldwide through this pandemic I find abhorrent. To deny the benefits of the vaccine I find dangerous. To think otherwise is sticking your heads in the sand. It’s a great shame he has chosen to besmirch his reputation but that is his choice. However I maintain it massively insulting and disrespectful to anyone who has lost a relative or friend to this disease and no matter how many truly great goals he scored I can’t bring myself to  bang the drum for him. It’s my loss I accept but I feel cleaner for it. 

Hi, 

I've just been catching up with comrade susan michie, I've brought her up to speed on your work on Saintsweb, she sends thanks for continuing to discredit dissenters and freethinkers, please keep up the effort, these people must be brought under state control. 

2 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Yep, and the rest.  Peak MLT twitter was him alluding to the fact that the PM of Tanzania didn't die of COVID, he was murdered on the orders of Bill Gates.... 

I'd forgotten about that.  

Great player.  Nice bloke by all accounts.  Can't deny it makes him look like a bit of a tool with stuff like the above, though.

Le tissier can have any view he likes, but has come across as very thick to publicly announce them when you have a media spotlight.

He has responsibilities to our club as an ambassador, but has shown no self restraint or awareness despite being pointing it out to him by many fans.

As a 14yr old i watched him score his first hat trick against leicester and i saw everything that followed.

45 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Plenty of them, can think of Oldham away and Swindon at home (both in 93) and Norwich away (94) off the top of my head.

There were quite a few, probably at least 10 in his career, we lost the Oldham game 4-3 from memory , Benali fancy dress day last game of the season with most of our end dressed like Saudi Sheikhs! 

Norwich 5-4 win , what a game that was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRM said:

There were quite a few, probably at least 10 in his career, we lost the Oldham game 4-3 from memory , Benali fancy dress day last game of the season with most of our end dressed like Saudi Sheikhs! 

Norwich 5-4 win , what a game that was. 

Yep the memories are coming back! Ken Monkou in the 90th minute from a Le Tiss corner!

• Like 1

I have had the pleasure of meeting MLT on a few occasions and found him to be an intelligent (for a footballer) and decent individual.

That said I am really surprised about the contents of his twitter account.

It is as though it has been hi jacked.

As a Saints player he is up there with Mick Channon, Terry Paine and Ron Davies.

I am so grateful for all the good times he has provided me with as a long suffering Saints supporter.

You could not have written the script for the last goal of the Prem.

Thank you MLT.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sydney_saint said:

I will also happily let you buy me a pint. I'm very generous like that. Same goes for anyone on here. Or anyone in the world actually! ;) 

6 hours ago, sydney_saint said:

Admittedly badly phrased! He was gracious enough to have a nice conversation with me when he has no idea who I am. 

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Le Tiss is an absolute legend in my eyes, no question. The greatest player ever to pull on the red and white. I've no interest in what he posts on Twitter, it's a free country and he is entitled to an opinion. Le Tiss gave me some of my happiest moments whilst supporting Saints. 

Totally agree with this, lets just talk football

6 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

I remember one vs Liverpool, the 4-1 I think.

I was being tongue  in cheek as there were no headers in the clip, I've no doubt he's had his share. I don't really care how much bollocks he talks these days, it doesn't sully his legacy one bit in my eyes.

• Like 2

I've voted for him, he was a great player, greatest ever Saint. Yeh he's acted like a complete twit for the last 6 months or so, but hopefully he can get over these brain worms he seems to be currently suffering from, but I don't think 6 months of stupid (and frankly dangerous) comments and some pure ignorance/stubbornness should ruin his footballing legacy, just yet.  

On 27/04/2021 at 15:07, sadoldgit said:

I don’t know what a person’s political view or opinion on the handling of a pandemic has to do with his ability to kick a football. What ever his opinion on the Covid situation, his footballing ability is beyond question. That is what we are talking about here and that is what he should be judged by. 

So, i'll be voting for David Icke.

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Just looked it up, yep. Didn't realise that, thought he was just a conspiracy loon. 

More famous as a TV Sports Reporter than a goalie to be honest.

When he went on Wogan and said he was the son of God he was a figure a bit like Mike Bushell on BBC News is now.

Was a different time.

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

And his views on Brexit. 

Has nothing to do with his footballing ability and his views on Brexit are his personal opinion and he is entitled to that. If we start discounting all footballers who have done or said something even slightly iffy off the pitch there won't be too many left.

4 hours ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Best have a look at Shearer's playing career.

Never heard of him or seen him play.

Just kidding, but was merely asking if I’d missed some kind of vote or if he and Henry had been specially selected (both for good reason).

10 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Never heard of him or seen him play.

Just kidding, but was merely asking if I’d missed some kind of vote or if he and Henry had been specially selected (both for good reason).

Apologies for jumping to conclusions. I am not sure whether there was a previous vote. If there was I didn't see it. 

• Like 1