Le Tiss in hall of fame.

Saint_clark

1 hour ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Really? His Covid denying etc has left me feeling a bit disinclined 

56 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

My admiration of le tissier has somewhat declined over the last 12 months due to his covid conspiracy misinformation meltdown.

Don't let that stop you.

"To be eligible for the Premier League Hall of Fame this year, players must have been retired as of 1 August 2020, and only a player’s Premier League career is considered in his candidacy"

• Like 3

Just now, Sunglasses Ron said:

How did Shearer get in out of interest? Was he a special pick along with Henry or something?

Looks like it. First two inaugurated and then used to promote the concept. Not really arguable that they shouldn't be in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Looks like it. First two inaugurated and then used to promote the concept. Not really arguable that they shouldn't be in it.

Shearer for sure for his goalscoring record.  Can't argue too much with Henry I guess but I personally don't rate him higher than MLT 🙂

14 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I've voted for him because he will always be my favourite ever footballer, even if he is a twat. I've gone through the same process with Morrissey so I can deal with it.

He's got a political opinion, doesn't make him a twat. 

Why does life have to be so divided. He's an Unbelievable football player, a loyal human being who has different covid views to you.  Not a twat. 

• Like 2

I don’t know what a person’s political view or opinion on the handling of a pandemic has to do with his ability to kick a football. What ever his opinion on the Covid situation, his footballing ability is beyond question. That is what we are talking about here and that is what he should be judged by. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I don’t know what a person’s political view or opinion on the handling of a pandemic has to do with his ability to kick a football. What ever his opinion on the Covid situation, his footballing ability is beyond question. That is what we are talking about here and that is what he should be judged by. 

Unfortunately it's the US driven, virtue signalling, "cancel culture " world we live in now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colwinston Saints said:

Why does life have to be so divided. He's an Unbelievable football player, a loyal human being who has different covid views to you.  Not a twat. 

Actually in MLT's case it very much does.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Unfortunately it's the US driven, virtue signalling, "cancel culture " world we live in now 

Always been the way, people are always going to judge people's "legend" on both on and off the field antics.  You don't see people clambering for OJ to top the NBA hall of fame and he was an all time great on the field.  It's likely players like Giggs and Le Tissier who behave badly/compare covid to the holocaust will be less popular for a spot in the HoF.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I don't care what anyone says.

Anyone who can't understand the fundamental differences between car crashes and Covid 19 is a fucking idiot.

Also he thinks that Bill Gates created covid to microchip everyone.

Legend or not, the bloke is full tilt cuckoo.

He also blocks any saints fans who call him out on his bullshit on Twitter so that's going to cost him a good few hundred votes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This feels like a great opportunity to share this video on youtube. Think its the best Le Tissier video on there imo, and given all the ESL rubbish recently, just a great vibe flash back to some of footballs true glory days imo. So many sensational goals, runs, free kicks etc. From his frankly insane run on a quagmire pitch (3min mark) to his United chip and everything in between - Enjoy ;)

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Colwinston Saints said:

Hes a club ambassador and promoting fake conspiracy theorist waffle in a public health crisis. Bill gates assassinated the president of tanzania, my favourite amongst many clueless drivel from his gob.

Hes got no bottle to take up the many offers from nhs staff of going to the soton general to see the covid pandemic play out.

Clearly hes got no self awareness despite being sacked from sky sports and needing to make apologies like his holocaust anne frank disaster.

Ive got morals so i wont be voting for him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Always been the way, people are always going to judge people's "legend" on both on and off the field antics.  You don't see people clambering for OJ to top the NBA hall of fame and he was an all time great on the field.  It's likely players like Giggs and Le Tissier who behave badly/compare covid to the holocaust will be less popular for a spot in the HoF.

Yeah because (allegedly) murdering your ex wife,and then being put away for 15 years for 12 criminal charges, including kidnapping and armed robbery. is exactly the same as having an opinion. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

This feels like a great opportunity to share this video on youtube. Think its the best Le Tissier video on there, and given all the ESL rubbish recently, just a great vibe flash back to some of footballs true glory days imo.

Simply brilliant! So happy to have been a Saints fan during his entire career, absolute magician and deadly from the penalty spot too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Colwinston Saints said:

He's got a political opinion, doesn't make him a twat

Yeah it does, he has the opinions of a twat. 

That said, he was brilliant footballer who single handedly won us games and kept us up. For that he deserves Hall of Fame status and he gets my vote.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yeah because (allegedly) murdering your ex wife,and then being put away for 15 years for 12 criminal charges, including kidnapping and armed robbery. is exactly the same as having an opinion. 

I wouldn't say they're the same but fair enough, appreciate you may.

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Good job you Wokies aren’t voting for the Rock and Roll hall of fame, Cliff Richard would be the only one   in it. 

Except that we have all voted for Tiss, there’s just a general consensus that he’s been acting like an absolute spanner recently.

22 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Really? His Covid denying etc has left me feeling a bit disinclined 

Lol I love the fact that Saints legends like Le Tiss  and Lambert now upset you lockdown loving dweebs 

• Like 5

For those concerned that Le Tissier doesn't tow the government line , this vote is for the best players in the Premier league era, he's not only by far our best player we've had during that time i feel honoured to have seen virtually all of his games for us,  no doubt in my mind that he deserves a place in this and recognised for his talent. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Hes a club ambassador and promoting fake conspiracy theorist waffle in a public health crisis. Bill gates assassinated the president of tanzania, my favourite amongst many clueless drivel from his gob.

Hes got no bottle to take up the many offers from nhs staff of going to the soton general to see the covid pandemic play out.

Clearly hes got no self awareness despite being sacked from sky sports and needing to make apologies like his holocaust anne frank disaster.

Ive got morals so i wont be voting for him

Yep: I still regard him as the greatest ever Saints player but I just cannot endorse him when I see Indian bodies piled high in mortuaries with his Covid denying Twitter posts. Sorry to all those who choose to turn a blind eye to his rants (dangerous) but I just can’t bring myself to promote him. Matt has been very supportive to Hagiology and he is a very generous man with his free time etc but he has become an utter idiot. Apologies to all those who cannot bear to see an idol being criticised but life is actually more important than footballer worship. 

Thoroughly deserved. As we know the guy was a superb footballer and this honour is about his footballing ability and not his views on Covid. Compare him to OJ Simpson if he commits serious crimes. Being a twat isn’t in the same ballpark. Paul Gascoigne has frequently behaved like a twat but most of us will remember him for his performances on a football pitch. It is entirely possible to admire and honour MLT for his sporting prowess whilst completely finding his views on Covid abhorrent.

If I wanted advice on how to take a penalty the first person I would listen to is MLT. If I wanted advice on how to deal with a deadly pandemic the last person I would listen to is MLT.

Edited by sadoldgit
Spelling
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Hallelujah. Some sanity from soggy. 

I've met MLT quite a few times and I've been on telly with him twice. Every single time he's been an absolute gentleman and he's also let me buy him a pint at the pub. Had some great chats, been a top bloke and does loads of stuff in the area and for various good causes. 

I couldn't give less of a shit what some losers think about something he's posted on twitter. He's the best player I've ever seen play for for my team and is a hero of mine and I still have a signed football from him under my bed. Thankfully social media isn't real life so I'm sure he is still greeted warmly wherever he goes around Southampton as he should be. Legend. Absolutely hilarious that some so called saints fans are wetting their knickers still about some flippant comments on social media. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Yep: I still regard him as the greatest ever Saints player but I just cannot endorse him when I see Indian bodies piled high in mortuaries with his Covid denying Twitter posts. Sorry to all those who choose to turn a blind eye to his rants (dangerous) but I just can’t bring myself to promote him. Matt has been very supportive to Hagiology and he is a very generous man with his free time etc but he has become an utter idiot. Apologies to all those who cannot bear to see an idol being criticised but life is actually more important than footballer worship. 

Wait...what?  What's happening in India has many and very complex causes.  The idea that all those funeral pyres are the consequence of MLT's (and others') mad tweets is bizarre.  He's being judged on his football, nothing else.  

• Like 2

Matthew Le Tissier is the greatest player we have ever had.  Legend and a pure genius.

I could not care less that he does not believe in COVID/or the lockdown (so many do not around the country and it is not a crime).

The situation in India is very complex but still a very tiny amount of a their population (whilst so many are living in filth).

• Like 1

Yes MLT is absolutely entitled to his political views but there are a political views and there are political views. To deny the death of 3 million people worldwide through this pandemic I find abhorrent. To deny the benefits of the vaccine I find dangerous. To think otherwise is sticking your heads in the sand. It’s a great shame he has chosen to besmirch his reputation but that is his choice. However I maintain it massively insulting and disrespectful to anyone who has lost a relative or friend to this disease and no matter how many truly great goals he scored I can’t bring myself to  bang the drum for him. It’s my loss I accept but I feel cleaner for it. 

Am assuming I've not missed it, but Ryan Giggs isn't on the list and I guess that's because of his current circumstances (surely he would be on there otherwise)?  If true then this isn't just about football.  I personally think that's ok, as personal conduct is important to people in many walks of life.   

That said, there's a massive difference between (alleged) criminal activity and some controversial opinion posted on Twitter.  It's personal preference at the end of the day, but I really hope all Saints fans get behind MLT and put a vote in for him to recognise the incredible contribution he made towards us in those early Premier League years.  We could be a very different looking club now if it wasn't for him!

I've been shot down for saying this before, but I value MLT's legacy as greater than any trophy we could have won over the years so him getting in would be fantastic for the club and the fans.

Get those votes in!

Edited by Sunglasses Ron
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

That said, there's a massive difference between (alleged) criminal activity and some controversial opinion posted on Twitter.

Didn't stop Tony Adams getting nominated....he did a stretch in the nick if I remember right.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Didn't stop Tony Adams getting nominated....he did a stretch in the nick if I remember right.

I think a redemption story is allowed.

And jees does he go on about it. Reformed drunk, we get it mate.

15 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I’d agree although it’s not so much a political opinion as spreading ill-informed, dangerous misinformation. 

Yep, and the rest.  Peak MLT twitter was him alluding to the fact that the PM of Tanzania didn't die of COVID, he was murdered on the orders of Bill Gates....  You don't get that sort of insightful analysis from Alex Scott tbf.