2021/22 Kit

trousers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chez said:

Interesting that Brentford have decided their shirt will be used for two seasons - to reduce cost for fans and be more environmentally sustainable. Good idea if you ask me.

I would much rather have this. It was much better when home and away kits were on a staggered two-season rotation, which meant there was still a new kit every season. Although that only works when you don't change manufacturer. I find my younger generation though think I am a bit odd for not wanting a new kit every season.

our kits have been so shit in recent years, the only solace has been knowing it would change after 12 months.

The cost of kids kits has become ridiculous. Buying new ones every year is mental. I'm finding more and more people happy to buy `fake' versions. 

I've said it many times, the word Club should be removed from the company name. Ownership could not give a fuck about fans. Fans money is all that matters. Brentford seem to have the right idea.

Edited by Chez
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, adriansfc said:

Thoughts on this?? 

Nice shirt. Good that it's for charity but the limited edition thing seems to be growing in football. Even our now 4 shirts a season is nothing compared to Napoli and their 12+. Halloween kits are a thing apparently. 

I especially enjoy when clubs make sustainable kits from recycled plastic etc then release 4 a season. 

If it had the proper badge on I would have bought it. I hate those type of badges. If you are changing it for a new modern badge then do it, but stop farting around on training kits! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

If it had the proper badge on I would have bought it. I hate those type of badges. If you are changing it for a new modern badge then do it, but stop farting around on training kits! 

That was my first thought on it too. Put the proper badge on it. If you're trying to merge it, then it's not really our badge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adriansfc said:

There's always pressure of parents to get the latest kits. 

I find this sort of statement a bit silly really. People don't have to give into their kids and spend £50 or whatever on a shirt just because they whinge about having one.

I have 2 teenagers both who have had season tickets since they were 6. In that time I've probably bought about 7 shirts in total and maybe twice have paid full price and that was probably a birthday or Xmas present.

12 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

The white league cup final and Bournemouth away kit in 2017 the best we've had in years. We're doing it again it seems

You couldn't buy that one either! Only Saints would manage to wear a shirt in a cup final that the fans couldn't buy. 

This one looks good so seems a bit harsh to only make 500 (in which sizes? kids?) And charge £99, ok raises some money as "profit" goes to the foundation but won't be that much in grand scheme of things, better to make thousands of them at normal price and club give a tenner from each one to charity. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JRM said:

You couldn't buy that one either! Only Saints would manage to wear a shirt in a cup final that the fans couldn't buy. 

This one looks good so seems a bit harsh to only make 500 (in which sizes? kids?) And charge £99, ok raises some money as "profit" goes to the foundation but won't be that much in grand scheme of things, better to make thousands of them at normal price and club give a tenner from each one to charity. 

Yep profit is a bit vague really... Obviously they won't release their margins but I suppose if they say there are only 500 it gives it a bit more of that novelty factor. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I would imagine all the money is going to the charity, releasing it as a normal kit means Hummel would take a piece etc and then there wouldn't be much left from £55 a shirt. 

17 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

why do Newcastle have a striped back and we don't? I thought the regulations prevented it for all shirts? 

Brentford do as well. For years we’ve been hearing that stripey backs are against the rules but every other team seem to carry on. Hopefully we bring it back next season.

• Like 2