2021/22 Kit

trousers

28 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

It's our traditional away kit.

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not really. It is a colour combination we often go back to, but we've had a variety over the years.

I do agree with MLG.

If we hadn't won the FA Cup in yellow and blue no one would give a flying fuck about that colour scheme. But we did so it has some meaning but I'm glad we don't always have it.

It's not our "traditional away kit", it's just the one we won the FA Cup in.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 1

Not a fan of the blue arms. The picture from the hooky site also made the yellow colour look better as it was a bit washed out, the actual one is a good deal brighter.

Not an overwhelming fan of any of the three to be honest. They’re ok and perfectly fine, but I’ve preferred others in our recent past. Hummel seem like a decent pair of hands though, hopefully they’ll come up with some decent future variants.

54 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

It’s all very well making shirts out of plastic bottles but we are sponsored by a company that deals in and advertises Bitcoin, the mining of which generates huge amounts of carbon emissions, so we can’t really argue we are environmentally friendly. 

Also some of the players drive cars.

2 hours ago, Saint_dane said:

and eat meat thus supporting industrial farming. I also read that Romeu doesn't turn off the tap whilst brushing his teeth... do me a favour 

You ok there? If you don’t understand the time point there’s not need to get worked up about it. 

There’s lots of things that individuals do that isn’t great for the environment but Saints (as a club/business) are advertising shirts as eco friendly with a very eco unfriendly sponsor on them. That’s all. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I do agree with MLG.

If we hadn't won the FA Cup in yellow and blue no one would give a flying fuck about that colour scheme. But we did so it has some meaning but I'm glad we don't always have it.

I have been watching Saints since around 1957. Most of that time I think the away kit has been yellow. I certainly remember during our Cup exploits in the early 60's we wore it.

16 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I have been watching Saints since around 1957. Most of that time I think the away kit has been yellow. I certainly remember during our Cup exploits in the early 60's we wore it.

So what. We haven't worn yellow for entire decades (the eighties) and it's on and off since then, maybe every four seasons or often the yellow was a third kit. 

It resonates because of the cup win which already is something you need to be 50 years old to really even remember. I wasn't born and I am annoyingly absolutely not young.

Look, I quite like singing "yellows yellows" at away games so I'm fine with it but also don't quite get the desire for it to be yellow every bloody season.

Edited by CB Fry

17 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

So what. We haven't worn yellow for entire decades (the eighties) and it's on and off since then, maybe every four seasons or often the yellow was a third kit. 

It resonates because of the cup win which already is something you need to be 50 years old to really even remember. I wasn't born and I am annoyingly absolutely not young.

Look, I quite like singing "yellows yellows" at away games so I'm fine with it but also don't quite get the desire for it to be yellow every bloody season.

Blimey! Sorry I spoke!! I was just responding to your remark that it's not our"traditional away kit". For most of my time supporting Saints it has been. Personally, I don't give flying f*** what colour we play away in. 

7 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I do agree with MLG.

I agree with MLG too, we normally cycle between yellow, white and blue/black, with the odd green or brown outlier.

I was trying to trigger MLG, normally the word traditional in a kit thread sends him/her fruity.

3 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Anyone looking for an original version of the new home shirt, Classic Football Shirts have 25% off all shirts until 11am on Saturday 07/08.

www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk

Use code CFS25 at the checkout.

Might buy the Quashie match worn shirt against Coventry for a bargain £125. 

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2005-06-southampton-match-worn-home-shirt-quashie-12-v-coventry.html

On 09/07/2021 at 10:19, Antrimsaint said:

Just ordered mine off your recommendation. I ordered an xl. I am rather rotund. How was the sizing for you.

Havent bought a shirt since the 2010 season cos of the prices but thought I’d  give this a go.

I ordered L and got a L. Sizes seem right.  Just ordered the full 3rd kit for myself for £16 😊

I bought my lad the green training quarter zip training top. It’s started to bobble and a number of threads are loose, the quality isn’t good at all and I’ll be contacting the club as it’s very disappointing. Say what you like about UA but the quality is much better.

On 04/08/2021 at 11:11, Matthew Le God said:

If we didn't win the FA Cup whilst playing in yellow and for example were in our home kit in 1976 would some people still have the same fascination with having a yellow away kit every year? 🤔😇

Surely its become a tradition for this reason? We regularly go back to this colour scheme and now many non-Saints fans I know associate yellow and blue as our away colours.

For many years when strips were not an emotive issue our away strip was Old Gold shirts and black shorts or knickers as shorts were referred to in those day…….. (like wolves home).

But then up until 1950 we had Blue home shorts with our Red and White shirt.

Edited by John Boy Saint
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

For many years when strips were not an emotive issue our away strip was Old Gold shirts and black shorts or knickers as shorts were referred to in those day…….. (like wolves home).

But then up until 1950 we had Blue home shorts with our Red and White shirt.

Splitting hairs perhaps but it It was amber rather than old gold. 

I posted about this before and someone (I think it was probably Fitzhugh) pointed out that before the amber we had also worn white as a change strip, and on one occasion in an FA Cup tie a burgundy coloured change shirt. 

Personally I liked the amber and black idea as it had some local connection suggested as the colours of the Hampshire Regiment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Just a heads up really. The sizes are not true to fit as like previous kits. Bought my son a 7-8 (he's only just turned 7 and average build) and its way too small. They don't do 8-9 so I'll be exchanging for a 9-10 in the hope he will grow into it quite quickly. 

My sons 9 (and not a particularly big 9 yeat old) and we got him a 11-12. 

On 12/08/2021 at 07:54, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Just a heads up really. The sizes are not true to fit as like previous kits. Bought my son a 7-8 (he's only just turned 7 and average build) and its way too small. They don't do 8-9 so I'll be exchanging for a 9-10 in the hope he will grow into it quite quickly. 

Got a 9-10 for him and there is very little growth allowance. Crazy he's only just turned 7 and he's under average in size if anything! I dont think a 11-12 would be that big on him. That is Youth XL in saints shop sizing lol 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Is there a connection to Bob marley and ajax? 

Don't think so. Curaçao is on the arm which is a Dutch island, but I don't think that's got any Marley links. I don't get excited by football blouses, but that's a nice one. The trainers are decent too. 

27 minutes ago, egg said:

Don't think so. Curaçao is on the arm which is a Dutch island, but I don't think that's got any Marley links. I don't get excited by football blouses, but that's a nice one. The trainers are decent too. 

Seems a little bit random then. Like they've just chosen an icon to make money. Kind of like saints releasing the Muhammed Ali or Freddy Mercury third kit.