2021/22 Kit

trousers

I’m predicting the plain yellow kit will be the 76 yellow with blue chevrons down the sleeve.

Hoping a solid blue colour as the collar but I expect it will be the same as the home kit.

As for the black kit, would be amazing if it was the one that was leaked last season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I’m predicting the plain yellow kit will be the 76 yellow with blue chevrons down the sleeve.

Hoping a solid blue colour as the collar but I expect it will be the same as the home kit.

As for the black kit, would be amazing if it was the one that was leaked last season.

That away kit would be superb. Loved that kit. Pure guess, or based on something? 

4 hours ago, Viking Saint said:

This bad boy??

danske.jpg

2 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Yeah it’s a stunner isn’t it.. would be nice to get this one maybe as away or 3rd strip 

When would we get to wear that as a second or third shirt ?

Genius from the marketing dept:

Home kit: red and white stripes

Away kit : white and red stripes.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

When would we get to wear that as a second or third shirt ?

Well Denmark got by using this and the same one we had in the 86 World Cup. Probably comes of more white and pink so can still use against teams playing in red or just use for away games when feeling like it..

tbh I wouldn’t mind this as the home shirt either.. it’s still red and white would appeal to fans of the Denmark style and differant from last time win win :)

7 hours ago, Badger said:

I don't believe the leadership of a professional football club would ever, ever be as idiotic as that.

18 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

I wonder if that fantastic black kit with the red and white single stripe down the centre that was pictured a while ago is the genuine away or third kit ?

I doubt its genuine but could be wrong. It seems to appear every summer as a fan mock up.

On 27/05/2021 at 10:38, beatlesaint said:

why did you start supporting a team that plays in "deckchairs" if you feel like that ? Stripes have been Saints home kit for over 100 years now ffs

I started supporting Saints in the late 70s/early 80s.  I wouldn't call the 'candy bar' Channon era kit traditional stripes and from 1980 on we had the Xerox kit, the all red centenary shirt and then the Denmark shirt.  So it was 1989, about 12 years after I started to support the club that it had the first striped kit I had seen so I must confess striped kits had little to do with me choosing to support Southampton....

21 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I never get the views of fans who say ''stripes, boring. where's the innovation?''

I mean, what do you expect them to do? We are a club who play in stripes, we have a kit with stripes.

Newcastle are a club who play in stripes, they have a kit with stripes.

I don't quite understand what people are expecting.

You've actually managed to contradict yourself with your own argument.  What you say is 100% true.  For Newcastle.  They play in uniform sized stripes every single season so there can be no innovation.

We play in red and white every season but not necessarily in stripes so there can, and has, been innovation.

Since I have started supporting the club we have had lots of home kits that haven't been uniform stripes:

late 70s 'candy bar' kit

Xerox kit

All red centenary kit

Denmark kit

White shirt with red sash

Red shirt, white sleeves Cortese kit

All Red Cortese kit

Xerox re-boot

Red shirt with white sash

As well as shirts with different width stripes (early 2000s)

I've no idea why you think we are a club that always plays in stripes and so can have no innovation.

Edited by once_bitterne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevy777_x said:

I hate us having black shorts can we change?

Likewise. They'd look much better in dark blue, like in our earlier years, but can't see us ever going there. Shame.

19 hours ago, lettuce said:

Nice kit, an improvement on recent years. I'm probably in the minority but I'd love to see a kit that resembles the classic PONY kit of the early 90's. Hummel could do something along similar lines, but replace the PONY "tick" that was across the chest with the Hummel "chevron".

I liked the sky blue away one but I'm a weirdo for kits.

Hope the away is as predicted, yellow, a nice simple yellow with the blue chevrons, nothing too fussy, that would sell like hot cakes! No need for a third kit. We all know why all teams HAVE to have a third ... marketing but I think two nice kits will sell better than 3! Fingers crossed it’s good. 

37 minutes ago, eelpie said:

Oh dear. The club ain't very good at psychology are they. Bad omen..

There are upwards arrows on the red stripes. 

They balance out the downward arrows on the white stripes = mid table 😉

20210529_155157.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, St.Jeweller said:

I see Brentford in their home kit in the play-off final have 'Utilita' sponsorship which is what our Youth kit has on it is for next season.

Stripes front and back as well.

It can be done. Why do the dickheads in our purchasing dept accept otherwise ?

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Stripes front and back as well.

It can be done. Why do the dickheads in our purchasing dept accept otherwise ?

We are the nicest, most complying club in the PL.

We're the club to play by the rulebook everytime- heck we'll even shut down all our facilities for players to recover. 

As they say... nice guys finish last (or 15th!!!)

On 29/05/2021 at 15:07, St.Jeweller said:

I see Brentford in their home kit in the play-off final have 'Utilita' sponsorship which is what our Youth kit has on it is for next season.

Just noticed this myself, I know our kids sizes can't have a betting company on, but bloody hell just leave the kids shirts blank and spomsorless rather than put Utilita on them now making them look exactly like Brentford. It's hardly a replica kit is it. Should be same sponsor as the first team or none at all. 

• Like 2

On 29/05/2021 at 22:27, Saint_clark said:

Why can't we just announce all 3 kits at once ffs. Is there any kind of research that shows kit sales are improved by treating their announcements like some huge event? 

I agree. Or at least make them available to buy when you announce the kit! 

One thing I would say is that it is amazing to think that £55 for a football shirt is seen as 'good value' these days too!

33 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

One thing I would say is that it is amazing to think that £55 for a football shirt is seen as 'good value' these days too!

I've followed Saints for 30 years and have never considered the kits good value, perhaps apart from the early years when they were about £25, mum and dad paid, and they remained 'current' for 2 years.

I guess you have to look past the transaction as more of a donation than a purchase.  The problem with that is that your expectation as a fan increases as you're expecting something in return (better signings / results etc.).  It's great when everything goes well, but when it doesn't then you feel short-changed, a point which is made worse by the fact that your inclination to wear the shirt reduces as well!

On 30/05/2021 at 20:17, JRM said:

Just noticed this myself, I know our kids sizes can't have a betting company on, but bloody hell just leave the kids shirts blank and spomsorless rather than put Utilita on them now making them look exactly like Brentford. It's hardly a replica kit is it. Should be same sponsor as the first team or none at all. 

Kids think a sponsor free shirt looks weird. Which makes sense as they have no experience of not having a sponsor, apart from the kit for their school team 

On 30/05/2021 at 20:17, JRM said:

Why?  Utilita pay money to put their name there.  I don't think we are in the financial position to turn down money just to have a sponsorless kids shirt.

2 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Why?  Utilita pay money to put their name there.  I don't think we are in the financial position to turn down money just to have a sponsorless kids shirt.

Come off it. Our kids shirts look more like Brentford than Saints 

20 hours ago, JRM said:

Come off it. Our kids shirts look more like Brentford than Saints 

Come off what?  I'm not denying our kids' kit looks like Brentford's.  But so what?

I've no idea what point you are trying to make.  Is it really that we shouldn't have the same sponsor as any other club who play in red and white stripes who are below us in the league?  That seems a very odd position to take.

The club isn't in good enough financial position to be turning any money down and I'm sure the majority of our fans couldn't give a french-fried titty f'k if our kids kit looks like Brentford's kit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

Come off what?  I'm not denying our kids' kit looks like Brentford's.  But so what?

I've no idea what point you are trying to make.  Is it really that we shouldn't have the same sponsor as any other club who play in red and white stripes who are below us in the league?  That seems a very odd position to take.

The club isn't in good enough financial position to be turning any money down and I'm sure the majority of our fans couldn't give a french-fried titty f'k if our kids kit looks like Brentford's kit.

TBF I get the point that our kids shirts have the same sponsor as Brentford first team..That is a bit odd IMO.

My lad (although not a kid anymore at 20) when he was young, would happily have me pay more for a shirt without a sponsor as more often than not it spoils the kit!

How much will they be paying to have their name on a kit worn only by a few thousand (at most) kids and never in a game?

5 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

My point you imbecile is that a replica kit is supposed to be just that, the same. If we're not capable to make it the same because of gambling legislation then making our kids shirts look more like another clubs than our own is ridiculous. I usually get my kids the shirt but doubt I'll bother forking out £45 or whatever the price is for these. 

On 01/06/2021 at 18:48, JRM said:

Example Saints kid size v Brentford first team kit.  

1215.jpg

2072-511.jpg

Think the Brentford kit is smarter due to the collar, and the fact it is r/w striped back rather than plain it's certainly an upgrade on ours.

Will need to see ours in person, but am hoping the chevrons in the white don't give an impression of 'grey' tinge to our shirts. Agree with others who have commented that the white sleeves from our promotion year might have been better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Think the Brentford kit is smarter due to the collar, and the fact it is r/w striped back rather than plain it's certainly an upgrade on ours.

Will need to see ours in person, but am hoping the chevrons in the white don't give an impression of 'grey' tinge to our shirts. Agree with others who have commented that the white sleeves from our promotion year might have been better.

I like white sleeves as well, I also prefer the middle stripe to be white, but realise that's a bit anal, so never mention it out loud.

18 hours ago, Pedantic Pete said:

TBF I get the point that our kids shirts have the same sponsor as Brentford first team..That is a bit odd IMO.

My lad (although not a kid anymore at 20) when he was young, would happily have me pay more for a shirt without a sponsor as more often than not it spoils the kit!

How much will they be paying to have their name on a kit worn only by a few thousand (at most) kids and never in a game?

We had the same kit and sponsor as Exeter when in L1......