2021/22 Kit

trousers

I quite like it!

Just not a fan of the pricing of kits these days though...

Some sort of pre-ordering incentive would have been nice, even if it was free printing on the back or a free PL badge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I was hoping for a remake of the ‘Denmark’ kit, this is all a bit dull if you ask me....meh. 

We were never going to get that in year one of the Hummel deal  and not straightafter a non-stripes season. Maybe in future seasons.

I think it's really good, lots of nice black trim which I think is integral to our look (what differentiates us vs Stoke etc).

Nice one Saints.

• Like 2

From the video then, the trait they extracted from each player/legend/fans as follows:

JWP - Perseverance

Romeu - Bravery

Che "McAdams" - Composure

Tella - Drive

Matt Le Tissier - Creativity

Fans - Passion

Women's team - Resilience

Franny - Determination

After bigging up Hummel all summer, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.  I saw the Denmark third kit earlier in the week and it looked tremendous. I was `excited' about our new shirt design, but they have failed to deliver the same wow factor. 

I like the Chevrons down the stripes, but really hate the black pinstripes between the red and white stripes. I guess it harks directly back to the 89 kit, but I really don't care for the black in our colour scheme - so there will be no pleasing me if its used in the shirt and not just the shorts. The collar is not great too.  Just looks weird. I guess its original, so maybe I will grow to like it.

It's certainly an improvement on the dreadful UA designs, but I was hoping for something a bit classier, but maybe its not possible when using red, back and white, as that is just a bad colour combination.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AEthelwulf said:

The front is great, but they ruined it by having a plain back again 🙁

Yeah I agree, plain backs aren’t nice, a black number on stripes is easy to see from a distance anyhow, other stripey teams seem to still have them 🤷🏼‍♂️. Nice though, better than the last few years. 

11 minutes ago, Chez said:

but really hate the black pinstripes between the red and white stripes. I guess it harks directly back to the 89 kit, but I really don't care for the black in our colour scheme

Blimey. I think it harks back to every good striped kit we've ever had since the 1980s, including the Air Florida one.

I am the complete opposite - I hate it when we just have red and white with no black between. That's when I think we just look like Brentford or Stoke or whoever. The black makes it Saints.

So I think we are definitely on opposite sides here!

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, nta786 said:

From the video then, the trait they extracted from each player/legend/fans as follows:

JWP - Perseverance

Romeu - Bravery

Che "McAdams" - Composure

Tella - Drive

Matt Le Tissier - Creativity

Fans - Passion

Women's team - Resilience

Franny - Determination

Men's first team: Bunch of fannies

36 minutes ago, TWar said:

I like the kit. Simplicity is best imo, it looks slick and simple. Doesn't need all fancy patterns or designs. I do wish it was striped on the back too but you can't win em all.

I agree entirely.

I might be trying out the acetone and cotton swab trick to remove the sponsor on this one though...

22 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Blimey. I think it harks back to every good striped kit we've ever had since the 1980s, including the Air Florida one.

I am the complete opposite - I hate it when we just have red and white with no black between. That's when I think we just look like Brentford or Stoke or whoever. The black makes it Saints.

So I think we are definitely on opposite sides here!

would be boring if we all liked the same thing. I had a rather nasty red white and back striped carpet as a kid in the 80s and it may have left an indelible mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, is that it?

I don't hate it, certainly better then the majority of the UA kits, and it has some nice personalised touches, but of everything Hummel has to work with - all of our legacy kits with them - it's about as basic as it could be (yes I make no secret of finding basic stripes a little insipid)

Great launch video as always though, media team outdo themselves every year!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AEthelwulf said:

The front is great, but they ruined it by having a plain back again 🙁

Agreed.

Don't get the red back, it's not a requirement and detracts from the design.

Otherwise looks fine.

• Like 2

Doesn't anybody else think the neck is really OTT?

Also so many recent kits (i.e. not just ours) have terrible sponsor placement. On this, it runs bizarrely close to the Hummel logo. Drop it down a few inches and it'd look miles better.