2021/22 Kit

trousers

Massive fan of the new kit and the images of The Dell and St Mary’s. Just a shame about that bloody betting ad. 

Hummel have done a really good job this year. I’d happily pay £10 more per shirt to get it without Sportsbet or any other crap ad. Until that happens, it’s training kit for me. Quite like the new blue number they’ve been training in this week too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

Nice idea but something weird about The Dell outline. Archers and East Stand have disappeared and the Milton roof covers most ot the penalty area. Still a great shirt though

The Dell does look a bit odd doesn't it.

When you look at it more closely though it looks like the East Stand is there (it was always a bit narrower than the West Stand).

I'm not sure what is supposed to be between the West Stand and the pitch, but maybe that was supposed to be The Archers and was messed up or something!

Also, the final Milton Road End did kind of extend into the West Stand a little, but it had a flat edge on the pitch side and definitely didn't encroach over it. 

I'm referring to my model that I have here by the way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

Just ordered mine off your recommendation. I ordered an xl. I am rather rotund. How was the sizing for you.

Havent bought a shirt since the 2010 season cos of the prices but thought I’d  give this a go.

You need to go a size or two up on what you'd normally order. Their shirts always seem to come up smaller than the originals.

7 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

You need to go a size or two up on what you'd normally order. Their shirts always seem to come up smaller than the originals.

No their shirts are designed for athletes not fat fuckers wearing them over hoodies 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

No their shirts are designed for athletes not fat fuckers wearing them over hoodies 

I run between 25 & 50 miles a week so I'm far from being a fat fucker! 

If I buy a medium from the club shop it fits. If i buy a fake medium, it doesn't and I have to go up a size. That's all I'm saying. Just trying to offer a bit of advice based upon experience.

Regards.

Sidney Fatfucker The 3rd.

20 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I run between 25 & 50 miles a week so I'm far from being a fat fucker! 

If I buy a medium from the club shop it fits. If i buy a fake medium, it doesn't and I have to go up a size. That's all I'm saying. Just trying to offer a bit of advice based upon experience.

Regards.

Sidney Fatfucker The 3rd.

Thanks Sid, it is appreciated. Seems hard just to ask an innocent question these days. Ordered the xl and Im usually a large so hopefully it fits.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 09:57, Wurzel said:

Nice idea but something weird about The Dell outline. Archers and East Stand have disappeared and the Milton roof covers most ot the penalty area. Still a great shirt though

No Archers as you say, but think East Stand is shown (but not the toilet balock behind it).

On 09/07/2021 at 10:32, Kenilworthy said:

It looks nice. Struggle though to think of where we will actually get to wear it. I would guess Leeds, West Ham, Burnley, Villa

Depends on what the second strip is of course, but if it is the speculated yellow and blue expect we'll wear it at Spurs, and perhaps Leeds. Having said that don't think we need a 'reason' to wear it so it'll probably make an appearance when least expected - Man City away for instance - just to give it an agreed number of public outings.

First time I've been on this thread and I don't normally buy shirts; the last I got was free via a local wholesaler dishing out shirts for large spends. The orange goalkeeper shirt looks a good bet for when I'm out locally running errands on my bicycle: always good to be highly visible!

On 09/07/2021 at 10:19, Antrimsaint said:

Just ordered mine off your recommendation. I ordered an xl. I am rather rotund. How was the sizing for you.

Havent bought a shirt since the 2010 season cos of the prices but thought I’d  give this a go.

Interested in the quality when you get it…

55 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/training/c-1/c-510

I’m pleasantly surprised by how not hilarious those prices are if I’m honest.

Quite like them, and fairly reasonably priced as you say. 

Anyone know what the material is like? Assuming they're designed to be good for sport (how much will my nipples chafe if I wear it during a long run?)

37 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Quite like them, and fairly reasonably priced as you say. 

Anyone know what the material is like? Assuming they're designed to be good for sport (how much will my nipples chafe if I wear it during a long run?)

I always run in Saints training gear, general rule is they are good up to 10k but then plasters needed for anything longer!

3rd shirt arrived today as a Birthday present. Bloody fantastic - best kit (IMHO) we have ever had, with the possible exception of the 2010 Sash with no sponsor. Like the look of the training kit too - might get some around Xmas when they discount some of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

As in not very well made? I was thinking of getting one.

It's made well enough, it's just the badge and the sponsorship that seems and feels a bit cheap. 

I thought it looked great in the pictures, but it's just not quite as good in the flesh. Maybe I'm just being fussy? The home shirt definitely had a better fell to it IMO. 

1 hour ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

It's made well enough, it's just the badge and the sponsorship that seems and feels a bit cheap. 

I thought it looked great in the pictures, but it's just not quite as good in the flesh. Maybe I'm just being fussy? The home shirt definitely had a better fell to it IMO. 

wait what no GIF by Captain Obvious

• Haha 1

I got one of the dodgy kits through the post (linked to on a previous page in this thread, from the site "DH GATE"). For £13 (DELIVERED) I have to say I am astounded by the quality of this forgery. I compared it to the full price pukka black third-kit I bought last week and I am hard pressed to find any issues with my "fake" home shirt, leading me to think that these things have failed QA or something and are being flogged off to cover costs, or some similar scenario. 

51 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

I got one of the dodgy kits through the post (linked to on a previous page in this thread, from the site "DH GATE"). For £13 (DELIVERED) I have to say I am astounded by the quality of this forgery. I compared it to the full price pukka black third-kit I bought last week and I am hard pressed to find any issues with my "fake" home shirt, leading me to think that these things have failed QA or something and are being flogged off to cover costs, or some similar scenario. 

Out of interest when did you order? I ordered one on 16th June and still not arrived.

22 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Thank you Sid, I think I will wait until the Utd game, visit the store and decide then.😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint_Jonny said:

It does indeed. Has the stadiums printed inside the rear collar too, and the "20" year mark on the rear of the shirt. It really is bang on. 

Interesting. I ordered the home and away ones on the 16th of July, if they turn up and look decent I'll order the third one as well. 

I imagined we are going to wear it in one of the friendlies this weeks as part of some marketing initiative.

Probably some market intelligence that shows that if you spread the launches out you can sell more than one shirt per season to more customers. Or something.

Basically I'm giving the club a lot of credit here and assuming they haven't cocked up another kit launch.

Edited by CB Fry

On 28/07/2021 at 20:38, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

At the risk of sounding like a judge on the Great British Sewing Bee.........Gotta say I don't think it is. The fabric's too thin. Mine's got numerous snagged threads after being in the washing machine once. Not an issue with - for example - any of the UA kits so it ain't down to the washing machine.

Edited by stknowle