2021/22 Kit

trousers

17 hours ago, JRM said:

My point you imbecile is that a replica kit is supposed to be just that, the same. If we're not capable to make it the same because of gambling legislation then making our kids shirts look more like another clubs than our own is ridiculous. I usually get my kids the shirt but doubt I'll bother forking out £45 or whatever the price is for these. 

F'king hell you're thick!  So the rules are we can't put a gambling logo on our kids kit.  Fair enough.  Well we can't change our main sponsor as they offered the highest amount for the role.  So the choices are.  Leave the kit blank which will lose the club money.  Or find another sponsor for the kids shirt.  The club took the latter option which meant the club got more £££.

But you are saying when looking for a sponsor for the kids kit, the club should have refused to do business with any company that already sponsors a club which has a red and white strip shirt?

You utter loon!

I hate to point the obvious out, by our kids shirt has a rather prominent looking 'Southampton Football Club' badge on it.  I'd like to think most people would identify it and then know that it's a Southampton shirt rather than Brentford.  I know they just got promoted, and fair play to them, but it will be a sad day when people see a kid wearing it and think that they're a Brentford fan 😃  

Edited by Sunglasses Ron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, once_bitterne said:

We had the same kit and sponsor as Exeter when in L1......

Yeah as I see the argument, that was fine as our kids wore the same kit as our first team.

In this case the kids wear a kit which resembles Brentford due to the same sponsor rather than our own first team.

Surely the kids want to wear the same as their hero's- which is why they pay extra to have their names on the back..I get they can't have the same in this case but IMO only they would be better without a sponsor...However as I said my kids have grown up so it doesn't bother me either way really, i was just saying I can see the side of the argument that is being made.

39 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

I hate to point the obvious out, by our kids shirt has a rather prominent looking 'Southampton Football Club' badge on it.  I'd like to think most people would identify it and then know that it's a Southampton shirt rather than Brentford.  I know they just got promoted, and fair play to them, but it will be a sad day when people see a kid wearing it and think that they're a Brentford fan 😃  

Our shirt has a different stripe configuration to Brentford's as well (the opposite in fact), plus additional black trim, a collar, and a different back. Given the fact that their kit is predominantly white with red stripes, and ours is predominantly red with white stripes, i really struggle to see the fuss. People are acting like they've taken the sportsbet sponsor off our shirt and stuck on Brentford's sponsor....

I bet united fans are fuming that they've copied crew or Barnsley's etc kits for years.

We play in red and white stripes (some of the time). Think it says a lot that fans have to get upset over our kids shirt being too similar to another team's kit.... Crikey!! That's a low bar for complaints about future kits.... 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

What the hell, let’s stir it up even more.... we always have a debate each season of how our kit isn’t quite right... take a look at Stoke City’s!!!! Perfect!!! Simple, clean, Why can’t we just have that, nice if you  ask me. Some will say boring but it’s a RED AND WHITE STRIPED SHIRT!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saintwbu said:

That yellow kit is lovely, the Saints badge looks a little bit off though, so not sure if that’s genuine.

Can't see Sportsbet dropping the stupid bitcoin icon from their logo either.

3 hours ago, saintwbu said:

That yellow kit is lovely, the Saints badge looks a little bit off though, so not sure if that’s genuine.

It's not genuine, but given what's been mentioned probably quite close.

It's been taken from here - https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/06/southampton-21-22-away-kit-design-leaked.html

"On 27 May 2021, Southamton FC released their home shirt by new supplier Hummel. Now football shirt expert @hendocfc shared a 3D render of how Southampton F.C.'s new 2021-22 away uniform could look like."

Which is in turn taken from this tweet: 

On 03/06/2021 at 14:45, once_bitterne said:

F'king hell you're thick!  So the rules are we can't put a gambling logo on our kids kit.  Fair enough.  Well we can't change our main sponsor as they offered the highest amount for the role.  So the choices are.  Leave the kit blank which will lose the club money.  Or find another sponsor for the kids shirt.  The club took the latter option which meant the club got more £££.

But you are saying when looking for a sponsor for the kids kit, the club should have refused to do business with any company that already sponsors a club which has a red and white strip shirt?

You utter loon!

And Utilita have been a club affiliate for years, we couldn't not do business with them all for the sake of anothet red and white striped team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

And Utilita have been a club affiliate for years, we couldn't not do business with them all for the sake of anothet red and white striped team. 

Indeed.  Well, unless you live in the loony world of @JRM

Edited by once_bitterne

On 03/06/2021 at 14:45, once_bitterne said:

You utter loon!

No I'm saying if we can't have the same sponsor leave it blank. Simple. Doubt Utilita are paying us more than a couple of weeks of Fraser Forsters wage. 

35 minutes ago, JRM said:

No I'm saying if we can't have the same sponsor leave it blank. Simple. Doubt Utilita are paying us more than a couple of weeks of Fraser Forsters wage. 

You're not the world's smartest businessman are you.

Even if it was 'just' two week's of FF wages that would equate to around £150k.  Given we are trying to claw back as much money as we can by trying to squeeze a bit of extra cash out of Kingsland s/t holders, in what world do yo think the club is able to turn down that sort of money? (and for the barking mad reason of another club who plays in red and white has the same sponsor).

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, once_bitterne said:

You're not the world's smartest businessman are you.

Even if it was 'just' two week's of FF wages that would equate to around £150k.  Given we are trying to claw back as much money as we can by trying to squeeze a bit of extra cash out of Kingsland s/t holders, in what world do yo think the club is able to turn down that sort of money? (and for the barking mad reason of another club who plays in red and white has the same sponsor).

Indeed, instead of saying it's "just" two weeks of Forster's wages you could look at it as an entire year's salary for half a dozen support staff.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vancouver Saint said:

Almost enough for me to trade up from my ancient Flybe shirt from Championship days.

The naffest home kit we've ever had (possible exception of the Cortese plain red and gold strip a few years ago)

• Like 1

On 27/05/2021 at 09:20, Charlie Wayman said:

Shirt - Stripes. OK, no more than that.

Excruciatingly embarrassing video. Need new PR department. Don't give up the day job JWP. 

Tella being groomed as our new glamour boy...

'Groomed' is possibly not the best of terms to use after the Sheldon Report ... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 09/06/2021 at 12:28, jawillwill said:

The naffest home kit we've ever had (possible exception of the Cortese plain red and gold strip a few years ago)

The 2006-08 or 2008-10 kit?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm

The second one was one of my all time least favourites, although the build quality of the first was reported to be sh*te.

1 hour ago, jawillwill said:

I was thinking of the 2006-08, but I had forgotten about the 2008-10...

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the 2006-08 kit. Thanks to the massive horizontal white panel I could never get over the idea that the team were wearing a weird version of the Swiss flag. The response on here/Saintsforever seemed strangely very positive, as I recall.

2 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the 2006-08 kit. Thanks to the massive horizontal white panel I could never get over the idea that the team were wearing a weird version of the Swiss flag. The response on here/Saintsforever seemed strangely very positive, as I recall.

The Geckosaint kit. It showed that great design is corrupted by commercial need. 

1 hour ago, bender said:

Bought mine off here https://www.dhgate.com/product/20-21-soccer-jersey-souvenir-1552/681345255.html  .  Paid £13 inc delivery.  Apparently shipped today.  We'll see

Can you let us know if it has the crest on when it arrives? Ive noticed that the pics have them blurred out, but not sure if thats to avoid any legal issues at point of sale or if they will actually be crest-less on arrival?

44 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Can you let us know if it has the crest on when it arrives? Ive noticed that the pics have them blurred out, but not sure if thats to avoid any legal issues at point of sale or if they will actually be crest-less on arrival?

It will definitely have the crest and all the logos on.  They all don't include that for some legal reason.  If you do a search on that site for Southampton you get nothing.  If you search for Ings you get the kit.  Strange.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2021 at 15:01, St Louis said:

Not this particular one, but I have bought a few shirts off DH Gate all of varying quality 

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Any word on the away kit? 

I was looking at the store and noticed this on the infant / baby page:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/clothing/baby-infant/saints-away-kit-babygrow/c-1/c-266/p-1592

Fairly sure there was no yellow / blue kit babygrow there for last season 🤔

Maybe that would suggest a yellow and blue version of the 20-21 Denmark home kit as the away kit?

On 16/06/2021 at 13:47, bender said:

Bought mine off here https://www.dhgate.com/product/20-21-soccer-jersey-souvenir-1552/681345255.html  .  Paid £13 inc delivery.  Apparently shipped today.  We'll see

Arrived today.  Really pleased with it.  Size was spot on and you wouldnt know the difference.  £13 well spent.

Incidentally, the same site seems to be selling our away kit even though the design isnt released.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2020-aston-villa-soccer-jerseys-watkins-20/589898300.html

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bender said:

Arrived today.  Really pleased with it.  Size was spot on and you wouldnt know the difference.  £13 well spent.

Incidentally, the same site seems to be selling our away kit even though the design isnt released.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2020-aston-villa-soccer-jerseys-watkins-20/589898300.html

Thanks for sharing. Shocking website though. 

8 hours ago, bender said:

Is it missing the club logo and Hummel badge?