2021/22 Kit

trousers

19 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

They had us down as South Ampton on that site so at least that bit's right on the badge.

That's deliberate.  For some legal reason, they can't advertise as our actual name.  You have to do a search on Ings or something.  It's also deliberate that the badges are blocked out.

On 23/06/2021 at 17:37, bender said:

Arrived today.  Really pleased with it.  Size was spot on and you wouldnt know the difference.  £13 well spent.

Incidentally, the same site seems to be selling our away kit even though the design isnt released.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2020-aston-villa-soccer-jerseys-watkins-20/589898300.html

Surely this is illegal?

28 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Surely this is illegal?

I wonder this too but there are plenty of things illegal out there not necessarily stamped on e.g. illegal streaming

I remember on holiday in Turkey from around 2012 you could get football shirts out there for £4-£5, looked very authentic and even today they are still in decent nick, labels haven't peeled off or anything

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Surely this is illegal?

It probably is, but then charging £55 (plus extra - if you want a name and number on it) for an official one that was probably thrown together in a sweat shop somewhere is probably immoral.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Keef said:

It probably is, but then charging £55 (plus extra - if you want a name and number on it) for an official one that was probably thrown together in a sweat shop somewhere is probably immoral.....

Never seen it this way personally. I'm not commenting on whether the shirts are ethically produced (I have no idea, but hope so), but always viewed the excessive charge as being basically a donation to the club to help fund the things we want to see.

Having said that, just checked a few League 1 / 2 clubs and their shirts sell for about £10 less so maybe we are being ripped off!

Edited by Sunglasses Ron
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Never seen it this way personally. I'm not commenting on whether the shirts are ethically produced (I have no idea, but hope not), but always viewed the excessive charge as being basically a donation to the club to help fund the things we want to see.

Having said that, just checked a few League 1 / 2 clubs and their shirts sell for about £10 less so maybe we are being ripped off!

I don't disagree with you at all Ron. I have always seen it as supporting the club. The cheaper shirts obviously offer an option to people who can't afford £55 a shirt but I do wonder if the clubs charged £30 per shirt, how many more they would sell and would it encourage those buying the "rip off" shirts to buy the official ones thereby supporting the club. I always buy an official one, but there are folk out there (and if you're having to buy for your kids as well) who simply can't afford the official ones. I'm no businessman but that just my thoughts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

I don't disagree with you at all Ron. I have always seen it as supporting the club. The cheaper shirts obviously offer an option to people who can't afford £55 a shirt but I do wonder if the clubs charged £30 per shirt, how many more they would sell and would it encourage those buying the "rip off" shirts to buy the official ones thereby supporting the club. I always buy an official one, but there are folk out there (and if you're having to buy for your kids as well) who simply can't afford the official ones. I'm no businessman but that just my thoughts.

Yup, I would probably buy 2 for £60-£70 but only ever get 1 at most at the point of release. I’ve given it a miss this year though, so will probably pick one up in a sale later on.

I’m enjoying the retro shirts more these day, better value and pretty cool to boot!

17 hours ago, MAY-Z said:

Always amazes me that we have 100s of threads on here with people going off at Gao for not spending millions, yet people actively go out of their way not give the club their money.

Well  £55 for a club shirt do you want to spend that amount on it?.I know alot do but its not a price i feel comfortable to pay and hardly get to wear it

due to my location not far from nottarF kraP. Now if i lived in say a more neutral location then id wear them alot more.

On 24/06/2021 at 12:58, London Saint 82 said:

Collar looks slightly off but other than that pretty good - do you have the stand names at the bottom ?

Unfortunately not.  No stand names.  Hardly a big dissapointment.  I'm thinking of getting my nipper the full kit from here and I bet the childs kit has the same sponsor as worn by the players.  It's criminal in my mind that the kits we but for our kids are not the same as the one worn by players.  If it's not allowed due to betting companies not being allowed on kids kits, then ffs choose a different sponsor !!!!

On 25/06/2021 at 10:55, Saint Garrett said:

Surely this is illegal?

Illegal to sell yes, but not to buy.  As above, it's criminal the club are selling kids kits without the same sponsor as the players.  What's more, if teams are gonna change their kit every year, then it hardly matter of the quality of the kit given it'll be out of date soon anyway.  

43 minutes ago, bender said:

Illegal to sell yes, but not to buy.  As above, it's criminal the club are selling kids kits without the same sponsor as the players.  What's more, if teams are gonna change their kit every year, then it hardly matter of the quality of the kit given it'll be out of date soon anyway.  

Criminal? As over-reactions go that's got to be pretty high up the list.

Gambling advertising and sponsorship rules reminder for operators

We’ve teamed up with the ASA and CAP to remind licensees of some of the key rules and requirements relating to gambling advertising and sport sponsorship. 

1. Gambling adverts on football club websites: Operators must make sure their adverts or sponsorship links do not appear on football website pages that are targeted at children. For example, the junior sections of the club’s website.
  2. Gambling logos on under 18s football shirts: Operators should make sure that they do not allow their logos or other promotional material to appear on any commercial merchandising (eg replica shirts) which is designed for use by children. Operators must also take account of Football Association rules which require that in the case of teams comprising players all under the age of 18, that gambling logos must not appear on any item of kit or clothing.
  3. Terms and conditions: The ASA regularly receives complaints where consumers do not feel the terms and conditions for offers have been made clear. Gambling firms must read the ASA’s specific guidance on Gambling ads: free bets and bonuses and its article on Promotional marketing: Terms and Conditions (T&Cs), which explains how conditions should be made clear to consumers. In addition to this, we also expect firms to ensure their promotions are not misleading and are in line with recent findings by the Competition and Market Authority.
  4. Advertising that appeals to under 18s: It is not acceptable for gambling websites to display freely accessible ads, which feature images that are likely to appeal particularly to under 18s. Last year, we issued a joint warning to online gambling firms. Firms must read the ASA’s updated advice on betting and gaming which may appeal to children and review the guidance published by the ASA in November 2017.
  5. Advertising and problem gambling: Gambling firms must ensure advertising does not appeal to or target problem gamblers. This includes advertising that creates an inappropriate sense of urgency, such as “Bet Now!” during live events, and undue emphasis on money-motives to gamble. Earlier this year, CAP announced tougher standards on gambling advertising, which all firms should abide by. 

Edited by Wurzel
Highlighting

I quite like these kits tbf but I almost never buy a goalkeeper shirt.

3 goalkeeper kits is just excessive in my opinion too but I get that we have a home, away and 3rd shirt these days.

GK kits used to be long-sleeved too I swear like 5/6 years ago, I wouldn't mind us having the option for a long-sleeve shirt. 

6 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Personally think those are horrific.... what are you guys on? 😅 Or is that the point?

Maybe they'll grow on me i guess...

Agree, I think all three are hideous although undecided which is worse and more sickly to look at, the raspberry ripple or orange solero...

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 13:42, Saint86 said:

Personally think those are horrific.... what are you guys on? 😅 Or is that the point?

Maybe they'll grow on me i guess...

I, for one, thought that (modern) gk jerseys were *supposed* to be horrific - so these fit the bill nicely. 

On 30/06/2021 at 15:13, nta786 said:

I quite like these kits tbf but I almost never buy a goalkeeper shirt.

3 goalkeeper kits is just excessive in my opinion too but I get that we have a home, away and 3rd shirt these days.

GK kits used to be long-sleeved too I swear like 5/6 years ago, I wouldn't mind us having the option for a long-sleeve shirt. 

Wasnt a GK yellow carded once (a few years back) for wearing a short sleeved jumper?
I remember when I played for my school team, my Mum knitted me a green woollen (Ted Ditchburn type) goalies jumper with a roll neck.
This was good protection against the cold but significantly increased in weight when it rained!!!! 
I also used to wear a pair of her old woollen gloves as protection against the cold and the effects of the old leather football.
Those were the days without the namby pampy benefits of lightweight footballs, well padded GK gloves, rubber soled boots and protection against some big overweight centre forward trying to kick the living day lights out of you with no protection from the Ref!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

Wasnt a GK yellow carded once (a few years back) for wearing a short sleeved jumper?
I remember when I played for my school team, my Mum knitted me a green woollen (Ted Ditchburn type) goalies jumper with a roll neck.
This was good protection against the cold but significantly increased in weight when it rained!!!! 
I also used to wear a pair of her old woollen gloves as protection against the cold and the effects of the old leather football.
Those were the days without the namby pampy benefits of lightweight footballs, well padded GK gloves, rubber soled boots and protection against some big overweight centre forward trying to kick the living day lights out of you with no protection from the Ref!!

You didnt mention copies of the Daily Herald put down your socks in lieu of shin pads.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, trousers said:

Nice detailing....

Southampton FC reveal their brand new third kit for the 2021/22 season, created by Hummel.

Nice idea but something weird about The Dell outline. Archers and East Stand have disappeared and the Milton roof covers most ot the penalty area. Still a great shirt though

On 16/06/2021 at 13:47, bender said:

Bought mine off here https://www.dhgate.com/product/20-21-soccer-jersey-souvenir-1552/681345255.html  .  Paid £13 inc delivery.  Apparently shipped today.  We'll see

Just ordered mine off your recommendation. I ordered an xl. I am rather rotund. How was the sizing for you.

Havent bought a shirt since the 2010 season cos of the prices but thought I’d  give this a go.

• Like 1