Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

I am holding out hope that the Newsnight analyst saying Putin will become broke v soon and this war will lead to haemorrhaging money and all his usual sources been blocked so the only way out is borrowing from China.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Ahh sweet

B9322907-72A8-4DBF-9330-8FA8828F8905.jpeg

Says the woman married to man who's family money came via the Shah of Iran and bought Newcastle FC using money from shadowy Saudi Arabian investors, possibly including the psycho killer monarch.    

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

"

An international cat federation has said it's banning all Russian cats from entering its competitions.

In a statement on its website the Fédération Internationale Féline said it was "horrified" by Russia's invasion of Ukraine and had subsequently decided to disallow Russian cats from competing in its competitions, which take place around the world.

As well as this, it said that no cats bred in Russia would be allowed to be registered with its organisation outside of Russia."

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

"

An international cat federation has said it's banning all Russian cats from entering its competitions.

In a statement on its website the Fédération Internationale Féline said it was "horrified" by Russia's invasion of Ukraine and had subsequently decided to disallow Russian cats from competing in its competitions, which take place around the world.

As well as this, it said that no cats bred in Russia would be allowed to be registered with its organisation outside of Russia."

There’s a cracking Zouma joke there somewhere, leave it with me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

"

And yet, despite all and sundry piling in with sanctions, those fucking meerkat adverts are still running.

27 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

And yet, despite all and sundry piling in with sanctions, those fucking meerkat adverts are still running.

10 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I thought they had been pulled?

6 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Saw one last night I think, may have been pulled by now, if so it's taken WW3 to get rid of the blighters!

They are not being shown directly before, after, or during news programs.

Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant has been under attack by Russian shelling, and has a reactor on fire that, although currently inoperable due to renovations, does contain nuclear fuel.

Feels kind of surreal to be typing that.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant has been under attack by Russian shelling, and has a reactor on fire that, although currently inoperable due to renovations, does contain nuclear fuel.

Feels kind of surreal to be typing that.

It was a training facility apparently although I doubt the Russians knew that.

WHO THE FUCK SHELLS A NUCLEAR PLANT?

3 hours ago, farawaysaint said:

It was a training facility apparently although I doubt the Russians knew that.

WHO THE FUCK SHELLS A NUCLEAR PLANT?

It was real life Russian Roulette apparently. The Russians said they would keep shelling it unless the Ukrainians withdrew. 

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair, they probably did, especially as the power station was built by the Soviets when Ukraine was part of the USSR.

Given the published images of the results of their carefully targetted attacks that avoid hitting civilian areas, I would think that the reactor would be safer if they did directly aim at it.

• Like 1

Russian independent radio stations shut down, or rather stop or face 15 years in jail. Putins taken the country back 60 years in just a week. Surely there must be some fucker high up in the Russian command willing to do the right thing ?

11 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Russian independent radio stations shut down, or rather stop or face 15 years in jail. Putins taken the country back 60 years in just a week. Surely there must be some fucker high up in the Russian command willing to do the right thing ?

Lock him in a room with a bottle of vodka and a revolver.

50 minutes ago, buctootim said:

For all the Johnson rhetoric this is how 'tough' we are being on Russia. The second smallest raft of sanctions, just above UAE.

That doesn’t surprise me. He’s probably shitting it that all the dirty secrets about the Russians and the sway they have over the commons will come out if he goes too far….

37 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

That doesn’t surprise me. He’s probably shitting it that all the dirty secrets about the Russians and the sway they have over the commons will come out if he goes too far….

He's also given a lot of them a grace period to get their finances in order before it kicks in. So lame.

• Like 2

Twitter and Facebook now blocked in the motherland it's been reported. Saintsweb may be next so be careful what you post. Putins paranoid ramblings continue, parroted by his diplomats. Meanwhile in the UK our dear leader dithers on sanctions, with emergency asset seizing powers to be rushed through parliament - er, sometime next week.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Twitter and Facebook now blocked in the motherland it's been reported. Saintsweb may be next so be careful what you post. Putins paranoid ramblings continue, parroted by his diplomats. Meanwhile in the UK our dear leader dithers on sanctions, with emergency asset seizing powers to be rushed through parliament - er, sometime next week.

Curious is it just retaliation for western censorship of Russian media or is he worried about Russian populace.

16 minutes ago, whelk said:

Worth noting the danger these guys put themselves in. A lot braver than the conspiracy theory nutjobs who decry mainstream media.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-teams-harrowing-account-of-their-violent-ambush-in-ukraine-this-week-12557585

Russians like imperial stormtroopers in terms of shot accuracy.

48 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Curious is it just retaliation for western censorship of Russian media or is he worried about Russian populace.

The latter I suspect given he has introduced 15 year jail terms for spreading “misinformation” and had every school in Russia do a presentation to their students on the war and why they are righteous.

7 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

In the heart of Belgrade? 

Kosovo ethnic cleansing/genocide, although stray bombs did hit the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. Notwithstanding, the Serbs are probably the only nationality from the former Yugoslavia sorry to see Tito go.

8 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

I should imagine that if Iraq had launched missiles into governemnt buildings in London the populace would retain a dislike of Iraq for some time. 

Same as the Serbians retaining a dislike of NATO. 

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9904/03/nato.attack.01/

This is why I have trouble with NATO's attitude to a no-fly zone now. They were not acting in response to an attack on a fellow NATO member when they intervened in the Balkans, it was supposedly a humanitarian action. The difference is that Serbia was a comparitively small, non-nuclear power that could only put up minimal opposition.

Whichever way the current "Special Military Operation" ends, with either a pro-Putin puppet or Russia backing off due to domestic pressures caused by sanctions, how much of Ukraine is goingto be left as a functioning state, and how long / how much will it cost to fix it ?

Edited by badgerx16

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The difference is that Serbia was a comparitively small, non-nuclear power that could only put up minimal opposition.

Big difference to be fair. It's tough on the Ukrainians but I think NATO is doing the right thing. As well as starting WW3, if we start killing Russians Putin will just claim he has been right all along and be the big hero in Russia which is probably what he wants.

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

This is why I have trouble with NATO's attitude to a no-fly zone now. They were not acting in response to an attack on a fellow NATO member when they intervened in the Balkans, it was supposedly a humanitarian action. The difference is that Serbia was a comparitively small, non-nuclear power that could only put up minimal opposition.

Whichever way the current "Special Military Operation" ends, with either a pro-Putin puppet or Russia backing off due to domestic pressures caused by sanctions, how much of Ukraine is goingto be left as a functioning state, and how long / how much will it cost to fix it ?

Putin will not back down and a puppet will be installed I am relatively certain. Europe and America are still buying Russian oil and funding the war. I suspect the bare minimum acceptable to Russia  would be Ukraine ceding dnr/lnr and any formal claim over Crimea (at least that was my guess before the war started) but at this point Putin just seems insane so who knows.

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Big difference to be fair. It's tough on the Ukrainians but I think NATO is doing the right thing. As well as starting WW3, if we start killing Russians Putin will just claim he has been right all along and be the big hero in Russia which is probably what he wants.

Correct. As painful as it is just to sit here and watch, I suspect Putin is desperate for NATO to get involved, so that Russia unites behind him. Right now he is trying to convince people he had to act for Russia's own security but if we don't get involved, it's just him killing innocent Ukrainians.

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

So if he decides to drive through to Transnistra and Moldova we still sit on our hands ?

8 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So if he decides to drive through to Transnistra and Moldova we still sit on our hands ?

That would obviously change things but I doubt they have the forces to hold Ukraine let alone go further. As long as the west are giving the Ukrainians all the weapons they want I think we are playing it about right at the moment. Putin can't keep the lie going forever.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That would obviously change things but I doubt they have the forces to hold Ukraine let alone go further. As long as the west are giving the Ukrainians all the weapons they want I think we are playing it about right at the moment. Putin can't keep the lie going forever.

And the more frustrated Putin gets with progress in Ukraine, the more violently indiscriminate and destructive the Russian military will become. When will we see the first barrel bombs ? We already have credible evidence of thermobarics and cluster munitions.