MLT - Legend or embarrassment?

whelk

2 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

There are some regular posters on here who, like Le Tiss, go on about what we are being 'fed' by the media.

e

Always good to get your information from a wide variety of media sources , same when studying history 

• Like 3

Thing is he isn’t helping himself. Presumably he has to have some form of income and most of his work has been media orientated. So to slag off the very medium in which he finds payment is fuckin stupid.

Potential employers will end up not touching him with a barge pole. Trouble with social media is you can’t delete it, once it’s out there it’s out there. It won’t be taken in context, although I’m struggling to work out in what context you could take that well.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

can we change the thread title to something more apt, perhaps Saintsweb posters reaction to misunderstanding social media posts- embarassing or ridiculous.

‘Misunderstanding’ bless little Turkish trying to debate.

hey someone likes to rape children but hey hang on that’s their opinion who am I to argue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, whelk said:

‘Misunderstanding’ bless little Turkish trying to debate.

hey someone likes to rape children but hey hang on that’s their opinion who am I to argue. 

dont get upset because you misunderstood the tweet, we've all done it. Just some of us dont give ourselves blisters in our haste to post how angry we are by it.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Legend and an embarrassment.

He, like tens of millions around the globe, are brainwashed victims of scumbag fascist propaganda. I'm angry at the bastards who knowingly start these lies, and am frustrated (rather than angry) with the gullible fools who believe them.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Thing is he isn’t helping himself. Presumably he has to have some form of income and most of his work has been media orientated. So to slag off the very medium in which he finds payment is fuckin stupid.

Potential employers will end up not touching him with a barge pole. Trouble with social media is you can’t delete it, once it’s out there it’s out there. It won’t be taken in context, although I’m struggling to work out in what context you could take that well.

He is toxic. Pretty much everyone in here would want to be praising him but when he starts playing Putin’s game it is only Turkish and a few other who will continue to support him

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

dont get upset because you misunderstood the tweet, we've all done it. Just some of us dont give ourselves blisters in our haste to post how angry we are by it.

Ha your thick boy couldn’t take the heat and you toe the line. Quite sweet how fawning you can be

Edited by whelk

1 minute ago, whelk said:

He is toxic. Pretty much everyone in here would want to be praising him but when he starts playing Putin’s game it is only Turkish and a few other who will continue to support him

"by continuing to support him" I assume you mean not angrily starting threads about him when i've not understood what he meant. I will absolutely continue to do that.

• Like 2

I didn't get past him revealing he cheated in his autobiography for a bet. I couldn't really believe that it was a one off, if not with him, then elsewhere in the team. I'd like to think that at least the players putting on the shirt will be trying their best for the club every game. That was undermined. So, he's showed deficient judgement in the past, well before this.

It won't be long before he's on the circuit talking about how he was haunted for years by bright lights in the night sky. He'll be told it was floodlights from night matches, but will be convinced of alien abductions.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Ha your thick boy couldn’t take the heat and you toe the line. Quite sweet how fawning you can be

Wow, you're really hurting :lol: 

So you believed his original post plus all the stuff about covid and all the other stuff he's said you dont like but then didn't believe his post when he explained what he meant. :lol:

dont worry someone else will be along to take mug of the day award off your hands very soon. 🙂 

Edited by Turkish

Just now, Turkish said:

"by continuing to support him" I assume you mean not angrily starting threads about him when i've not understood what he meant. I will absolutely continue to do that.

So saying ‘this’ to highlighting why believe the media about Bucha you think that is nuanced? Sweet little fanboy. Rightly most are outraged

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Wow, you're really hurting :lol: 

dont worry someone else will be along to take mug of the day award off your hands very soon. 🙂 

Hey we have been here before. You get all upset at being called thick cunt but you are out of your depth. Just row pack and pick on SOG or MLG. You really aren’t bright enough

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Hey we have been here before. You get all upset at being called thick cunt but you are out of your depth. Just row pack and pick on SOG or MLG. You really aren’t bright enough

Out of my depth being the one who isn’t getting all angry and thumping away at my keyboard calling people cunts? Okay then 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JRM said:

Always good to get your information from a wide variety of media sources , same when studying history 

Here here.

I have just sat through the Western propaganda TV miniseries 'Chernobyl' which somehow forgets the CIA-led plot to make Russia look like shifty incompetent idiots, whereas the reality of the matter is that it was only thanks to the efforts of heroic Russians that the world was spared from nuclear catastrophe.

Similarly after what happened in Salisbury, look at the willingness of Russophobic media to point the finger of blame at two innocent tourists from our motherland, who only happened to be visiting at the same time because they simply held a life-long ambition to check if the cathedral spire was indeed 123 metres tall, as claimed by fake-news peddlers Wikipedia.

I, for one, am looking forward to discovering the views of Southampton's greatest footballer on events from history such as these.

Edited by Ted Bates Statue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Out of my depth being the one who isn’t getting all angry and thumping away at my keyboard calling people cunts? Okay then 

Stay calm fanboy. Oooh look pointing out the anger. Not much more than a bot pal. Turn the key……

I don't understand how anyone can say that he wasn't casting doubt on the massacres, or excuse his behaviour given that it is the case.

Some people are just tuned up to believe they are so perceptive that they see a more accurate world view than everyone else, when tragically the world is actually full of the problems they doubt exist and good people are wrestling with them. Sadly MLT is one of this new breed of dangerous nutters.

Edited by mitch01
  • Like 2

His views ain't gonna change what's happened, and what is going to happen. MLT's personal opinion (albeit seemingly warped - I haven't read it) seems an odd thing to get upset about. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, egg said:

His views ain't gonna change what's happened, and what is going to happen. MLT's personal opinion (albeit seemingly warped - I haven't read it) seems an odd thing to get upset about. 

Quite.

It's more astonishing that people who got upset by his previous tweets still read his new tweets and then get even more angry about them.

I think most sensible people can respect what he achieved as a footballer without agreeing with his opinions on life, the universe and everything.  If you disagree with his opinions, stop reading them, you're just making yourself more upset!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, egg said:

I largely agree with this. This is all - obviously - only being talked about here because he used to play football for us. I don’t agree with him, and probably would prefer he stfu, but I don’t feel in some way tarnished or embarrassed by what he says about this or anything else.

• Like 2

Had to learn to separate the art from the artist a long time ago now. He’ll always be my boyhood hero for what he achieved at Saints, but as an individual he’s well and truly joined the tin foil hat brigade, and it’s embarrassing for the club. Is he still a club ambassador like Franny or have they quietly reduced his match day duties to zero?

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, egg said:

Yeah you don’t get upset.you made a mess of yourself on the Russia thread. Cowards have their place

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah you don’t get upset.you made a mess of yourself on the Russia thread. Cowards have their place

Blimey pal, you're gonna give yourself a hernia. So in your virtue signalling world, anyone who doesn't make a twat of themselves on the web about someone else making a twat of themselves on the web, is a coward. 

Sort yourself out pal.

Edited by egg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Blimey pal, you're gonna give yourself a hernia. So in your virtue signalling world, anyone who doesn't make a twat of themselves on the web about someone else making a twat of themselves on the web, is a coward. 

Sort yourself out pal.

Haha the fucker posts that he doesn’t believe in Bucha. Your response: why do people get worked up? I am glad it does wind me up that this cretin peddles such toxic bs. Genuinely thought better of you Egg

8 minutes ago, stknowle said:

I largely agree with this. This is all - obviously - only being talked about here because he used to play football for us. I don’t agree with him, and probably would prefer he stfu, but I don’t feel in some way tarnished or embarrassed by what he says about this or anything else.

Indeed. I haven't bothered reading what he's written, but if it's what is suggested then his views don't align with mine. However, my shouting and bawling about it ain't gonna a) change his views or b) changed what's happened/happening. I'm more interested in what the West does about the situation than being all pious about what some ex footballer thinks. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, egg said:

By himself he's obviously not going to change anything, very few people take seriously the ramblings of some thick as fuck ex footballer. But parroting that sort of nonsense is exactly what Putin wants, and if there is one thing this war has shown, it's the power of information.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, egg said:

Indeed. I haven't bothered reading what he's written, but if it's what is suggested then his views don't align with mine. However, my shouting and bawling about it ain't gonna a) change his views or b) changed what's happened/happening. I'm more interested in what the West does about the situation than being all pious about what some ex footballer thinks. 

Do you really think the information wars don’t matter? Putin would get a hard on for MLT’s tweets

Just now, whelk said:

Haha the fucker posts that he doesn’t believe in Bucha. Your response: why do people get worked up? I am glad it does wind me up that this cretin peddles such toxic bs. Genuinely thought better of you Egg

I'm as interested in what you think about me as I am about what you think about Le Tiss. I think he's an idiot tbh, but it ain't gonna change his opinion, and seemingly hasn't done your blood pressure any good. 

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

By himself he's obviously not going to change anything, very few people take seriously the ramblings of some thick as fuck ex footballer. But parroting that sort of nonsense is exactly what Putin wants, and if there is one thing this war has shown, it's the power of information.

We had this on the covid thread. Any dinlo capable of thinking that Bucha was staged by the Ukrainians are going to think that regardless of what some ex footballer thinks. Lets just assume that a few deluded fools have had their views swayed by Matt, what difference will that make in the overall scheme of things. 

I'll continue my focus on sitting back and seeing what the West actually does, not in what one idiot thinks/writes 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, egg said:

I'm as interested in what you think about me as I am about what you think about Le Tiss. I think he's an idiot tbh, but it ain't gonna change his opinion, and seemingly hasn't done your blood pressure any good. 

Don’t worry about my blood pressure pal. Interesting that you post on a thread you don’t give a shit about though. You don’t seem to have any sort of opinion so getting a clearer picture of who you are

3 minutes ago, egg said:

We had this on the covid thread. Any dinlo capable of thinking that Bucha was staged by the Ukrainians are going to think that regardless of what some ex footballer thinks. Lets just assume that a few deluded fools have had their views swayed by Matt, what difference will that make in the overall scheme of things. 

I'll continue my focus on sitting back and seeing what the West actually does, not in what one idiot thinks/writes 

Of course it wont make much difference, doesn't make him any less of a twat though.

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Don’t worry about my blood pressure pal. Interesting that you post on a thread you don’t give a shit about though. You don’t seem to have any sort of opinion so getting a clearer picture of who you are

Again, whoosh.

16 minutes ago, egg said:

12 minutes ago, egg said:

• Like 1

Your opinions seem to be largely about other people. Personally, I roll through life accepting that I can't do shit about what the likes of Le Tiss thinks. Getting all upset about it is a waste of energy imo. You carry on being unhappy about it though if it makes you happy.

Don't be confusing that with not having an opinion on situations though - I've been as clear as can be that I think the behaviour of Putin and his foot soldiers is repugnant. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So he meant all his other tweets but didn’t mean this one? 🤔

Yep.

He chats constant shite but as soon as a tweet is sufficiently bad that basically everyone calls him a prick (other then fanboys and idiots) he backpeddles like the coward he is. Expect him to keep posting basically the same thing he said earlier about Bucha but mildly more cryptically so he can hide more easily next time everyone notices he is a massive bellend.

• Confused 1

Hilarious watching a bunch of internet warriors frothing at the mouth because an ex footballer questioned the truthfulness of the media. 

MLT is and always will be a legend, and having met him a couple of times he's a lovely bloke too. I'm horrified by what we've seen from Ukraine but I couldn't care less what his opinions on covid/Russia are, they're not important. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Your opinions seem to be largely about other people. Personally, I roll through life accepting that I can't do shit about what the likes of Le Tiss thinks. Getting all upset about it is a waste of energy imo. You carry on being unhappy about it though if it makes you happy.

Don't be confusing that with not having an opinion on situations though - I've been as clear as can be that I think the behaviour of Putin and his foot soldiers is repugnant. 

It is tough debating with you sorts. So Putin repugnant- tick and not hugely controversial. Those that peddle his message - hey ho who cares?  
this banal neutrality might make you feel better about yourself but genuinely is the insipid response that tyrants take advantage of. I am genuinely comfortable with how the shit that went on in Bucha and elsewhere makes me angry. 
you play the patronising therapist as much as you want

It is tough debating with you sorts. So Putin repugnant- tick and not hugely controversial. Those that peddle his message - hey ho who cares?  
this banal neutrality might make you feel better about yourself but genuinely is the insipid response that tyrants take advantage of. I am genuinely comfortable with how the shit that went on in Bucha and elsewhere makes me angry. 

By 'you sorts' you mean everyone that doesn't share exactly the same opinion as you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I didn't get past him revealing he cheated in his autobiography for a bet. I couldn't really believe that it was a one off, if not with him, then elsewhere in the team. I'd like to think that at least the players putting on the shirt will be trying their best for the club every game. That was undermined. So, he's showed deficient judgement in the past, well before this.

It won't be long before he's on the circuit talking about how he was haunted for years by bright lights in the night sky. He'll be told it was floodlights from night matches, but will be convinced of alien abductions.

I'm convinced that was made up (kicking ball out for a throw wasn't it?) As I don't think such markets were offered then, a case of trying to boost book sales with controversy and great example why you shouldn't believe everything you read.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Hilarious watching a bunch of internet warriors frothing at the mouth because an ex footballer questioned the truthfulness of the media. 

MLT is and always will be a legend, and having met him a couple of times he's a lovely bloke too. I'm horrified by what we've seen from Ukraine but I couldn't care less what his opinions on covid/Russia are, they're not important. 

I have played gold and poker with him.and nothing suggested he was such a twat. Unfortunately now he is a complete cunt and embarrassment

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

By 'you sorts' you mean everyone that doesn't share exactly the same opinion as you?

No, appeasers and cowards with no moral fibre. The sort of posts you add a ‘like’ to

16 minutes ago, TWar said:

Yep.

He chats constant shite but as soon as a tweet is sufficiently bad that basically everyone calls him a prick (other then fanboys and idiots) he backpeddles like the coward he is. Expect him to keep posting basically the same thing he said earlier about Bucha but mildly more cryptically so he can hide more easily next time everyone notices he is a massive bellend.

you do know you're allowed not to follow him or read what he says if it makes you wet your panties right?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

Bucha was horrific. No neutrality. That's a completely different issue to a reaction about another man's opinion. I'm not having some pious person on the web telling me how I should be upset about what Le Tiss thinks. Bizarre carry on tbh. 

As a wise man once said:

When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love. 

• Like 2