MLT - Legend or embarrassment?

whelk

11 minutes ago, whelk said:

Ok I never thought it would come to this  but I can’t stand this dickhead - has become an odious individual now. 

Nice bloke by all accounts.

Great player. My hero growing up.

Very weird on Twitter.

• Like 2

Just now, whelk said:

D62E2220-C459-48EF-97D9-FA9959287B04.jpeg

Yep, the club needs to sever all (present and future!) ties with him until he sorts his head out. He's joined the legions of absolute mental cases who believe Russia have done nothing wrong and this is all propaganda from Ukraine and the west.

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

I never let his moronic ramblings about Covid bother me, he was never my hero because of his intelligence.

But now it is clear he is just a big-nosed cunt.

There is no way of defending his views on the Ukraine invasion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I never let his moronic ramblings about Covid bother me, he was never my hero because of his intelligence.

But now it is clear he is just a big-nosed cunt.

To each his own. I'm unvaccinated and proud of it, a "pureblood" if you will. I agree a hundred per cent with MLT on COVID.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Some things in life are more important than football. A three year old girl being tied up, raped, murdered and dumped on a pile of other civilian bodies trumps a last minute equaliser at West Ham in my book. The bloke is an absolute sausage jockey of the highest level and I just can’t distinguish his footballing talents from his abject failings as a human being.

• Like 13

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Some things in life are more important than football. A three year old girl being tied up, raped, murdered and dumped on a pile of other civilian bodies trumps a last minute equaliser at West Ham in my book. The bloke is an absolute sausage jockey of the highest level and I just can’t distinguish his footballing talents from his abject failings as a human being.

I'm feeling the same way. His Covid views I was able to just ignore, but this is too much now and I feel like it's tainted my view of him overall.

• Like 10

Unfortunately, Rickie Lambert's the same on Instagram. It's the old thing of footballers being genius' on the pitch, but for a lot of them it's all they know and for a lot of their lives they have been idolised and held in high regard, so come out with these outlandish opinions, believing they're oracles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Unfortunately, Rickie Lambert's the same on Instagram. It's the old thing of footballers being genius' on the pitch, but for a lot of them it's all they know and for a lot of their lives they have been idolised and held in high regard, so come out with these outlandish opinions, believing they're oracles.

Christ, really? I don't have Instagram so have no idea what he's posting.

3 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Matt, please stop.

Have those opinions - but keep them to yourself before the club has to get involved.

It's really sad to see him trending for all the wrong reasons.

Unfortunately he's not going to stop, he's performing his "research" on GETTR now which is just a nest of extreme right wing QAnon loons in an echo chamber and he's rapidly becoming their hero. Not sure there's much way back from that.

53 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

To each his own. I'm unvaccinated and proud of it, a "pureblood" if you will. I agree a hundred per cent with MLT on COVID.

Does the Singapore government insert microchips to track you in their Covid jabs like we do? 😜

• Haha 12

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Another example where you are allowed an opinion but only if it's the opinion you're allowed to have.

Is it bollocks. Fucking disgraceful comment and the mug has now deleted it as couldn’t handle the pile on.  Did the holocaust happen pal?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

Legend on the pitch.

Embarrassment off it.

This

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Another example where you are allowed an opinion but only if it's the opinion you're allowed to have.

He's allowed his opinion just as you are.  And I'm allowed the opinion that it makes you both look like cunts 

• Like 19
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who is saying he can't have an opinion? But people have a right to feel angry and disgusted by genocide denial as an 'opinion'

Edited by sydney_saint
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You're/he's allowed to have any opinion. Just don't expect not to get ridiculed for having the ones he does. 

Speechless at his latest tweets. What a clown.

• Confused 1

It is embarrassing really and the greatest shame from all this would be if his opinions detract from what he achieved on the pitch with us.

I mean really his views are always gonna be tied to us, any article or anything you read will forever have him known as a Southampton legend but it puts us in the paper for largely the wrong reasons. 

It's never too late, best thing he can do in my opinion is get off social media and go play some golf. In a few years time it might just pass over and I can start to remember him again for his talent on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

There is no way of defending his views on the Ukraine invasion. 

I don't know what his views are but if he's saying he doesn't believe what's reported its more a reflection of his opinion of how manipulative and untrustworthy certain media outlets / govt are rather than support of Russia? Propaganda definitely works on both sides. 

Anyway as someone who was at most of his games from late 80s to early 00s and I've met him a few times hes always a lovely bloke to chat to and remember the old Dell days. 

• Like 6

Embarrassment.

Unfollowed him on Twitter probably eighteen months ago, and deleted photos that I had with him from Instagram mainly through embarrassment 😂

A bit like Rickie Lambert, although he is easily swayed and is thick as shit.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I’ll never be against that, I like a healthy debate. But there’s having an opinion and just being a bellend, he is currently the latter.

As soon as he was on GBeebies (GB News) talking bollocks with Dan Wooton - that was enough, somehow, again… Utter tosspot now.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

This

He's allowed his opinion just as you are.  And I'm allowed the opinion that it makes you both look like cunts 

I haven't given my opinion, in your haste to be abusive when you see something you dont like you seem to have failed to realise that, maybe that's your problem.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

You're/he's allowed to have any opinion. Just don't expect not to get ridiculed for having the ones he does. 

Speechless at his latest tweets. What a clown.

oh dear another one leaping to conculsions. Show me where i've given my opinion on it? I see Whelk has pulled out the did the holocaust happen line? Honestly you lot, it's like playing outrage bingo. :lol: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JRM said:

I don't know what his views are but if he's saying he doesn't believe what's reported its more a reflection of his opinion of how manipulative and untrustworthy certain media outlets / govt are rather than support of Russia? Propaganda definitely works on both sides. 

Anyway as someone who was at most of his games from late 80s to early 00s and I've met him a few times hes always a lovely bloke to chat to and remember the old Dell days. 

There is no place for reasoned thinking when outrage is the order of the day.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

oh dear another one leaping to conculsions. Show me where i've given my opinion on it? I see Whelk has pulled out the did the holocaust happen line? Honestly you lot, it's like playing outrage bingo. :lol: 

Supposing you have a young child and I tell him/her that I believe sticking your fingers in an electric socket tickles and makes a silly noise. Should that opinion be allowed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Embarrassment.

Unfollowed him on Twitter probably eighteen months ago, and deleted photos that I had with him from Instagram 😂

A bit like Rickie Lambert, although he is easily swayed and is thick as shit.

Someone you didn't even know existed has unfollowed you on twitter, Take that MLT!!!! 

image.jpeg.72b05291d9144859f59fef2fcf704577.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Supposing you have a young child and I tell him/her that I believe sticking your fingers in an electric socket tickles and makes a silly noise. Should that opinion be allowed?

In the humble words of the virgin Mary, come again...

11 minutes ago, JRM said:

There are some regular posters on here who, like Le Tiss, go on about what we are being 'fed' by the media.

e