MLT - Legend or embarrassment?

whelk

1 minute ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

you do know you're allowed not to follow him or read what he says if it makes you wet your panties right?

Problem is a load of idiots do follow him and just ignoring him and not commenting allows him to influence the unfortunately impressionable unhindered. 

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

I'm convinced that was made up (kicking ball out for a throw wasn't it?) As I don't think such markets were offered then, a case of trying to boost book sales with controversy and great example why you shouldn't believe everything you read.

That was it. Very deficient in judgement to write it. Perhaps he's got another book coming out. "Things history tells you, but that didn't happen". Or "101 use for a tin foil hat".

Well hes clearly a total embarrassment to the club and has been since 2020 .

Lacks self awareness and probably has some kind of personality disorder like the other paranoid conspiracy theorists.

To be honest, he clearly needs to see a psychiatrist and im amazed there hasnt been no family intervention to sort that.

I would of thought after being sacked from sky sports for his 'opinions' he would have realised to keep them to himself.

I believe the club have failed to address whats been going on and should act now by removing him from the sfc foundation.

If he continues to be arrogant and stubborn then off goes his ambassador role.

Terribly sad, but enough fans have told him this for over two years now and hes ignored and ridiculed them.

Edited by SaintsLoyal

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Bucha was horrific. No neutrality. That's a completely different issue to a reaction about another man's opinion. I'm not having some pious person on the web telling me how I should be upset about what Le Tiss thinks. Bizarre carry on tbh. 

As a wise man once said:

When evil men plot, good men must plan. When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind. When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love. 

But who gives a shit when MLT peddles evil message? Why all the fuss? Hippy platitudes don’t cut it

Just now, SaintsLoyal said:

I would of thought after being sacked from sky sports for his 'opinions' he would of realised to keep them to himself.

I believe the club have failed to address whats been going on and should act now by removing him from the sfc foundation.

If he continues to be arrogant and stubborn then off goes his ambassador role.

That's a myth. He and others all left for the same reason, and one I won't share. Merson stayed because he had to, and Stelling initially as Merse was. I'm not sure why Stelling has decided to stay after this season. 

• Haha 1

Twitter is just a cesspit that brings out the worst in people, but theres no defending his conspiracy views on Ukraine. Club needs to cut its ties with him while he persists with this nonsense. You just need to look at the media work that Benali is getting now (particularly for Saints games), largely because he talks sense and doesnt get on like a knob on social media

• Like 1

I think someone like MLT, a minor celebrity if you like, has to very very careful and double check facts before tweeting about things as serious as Bucha, or Covid for that matter. The platform is a throw away and largely vacuous media IMO (I don't subscribe personally), but once it's published cant be undone. Stupid people can easily make fools of themselves, Trump is a classic example although his tweets have at least shown the world what a complete moron he is, the same is happening to MLT who seems to be slowly drifting into paranoid mental illness. If his current concern is media manipulation I could name one country in the spotlight at the moment who is practicing this with great expertise.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, egg said:

That's a myth. He and others all left for the same reason, and one I won't share. Merson stayed because he had to, and Stelling initially as Merse was. I'm not sure why Stelling has decided to stay after this season. 

Its not a myth im afraid as he will tell you.

There was no plan to get rid of him and that only changed with his covid conspiracy views and his non stop attack on the 'mainstream media' and thus him employer.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

can we change the thread title to something more apt, perhaps Saintsweb posters reaction to misunderstanding social media posts- embarassing or ridiculous.

No-one has misunderstood anything. If he's saying the media are manipulating and lying about what's happening in Ukraine, then he's denying the horrific things that are happening. 

6 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Its not a myth im afraid as he will tell you.

There was no plan to get rid of him and that only changed with his covid conspiracy views and his non stop attack on the 'mainstream media' and thus him employer.

I'm happy to discuss by pm, not on a public forum. 

12 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

No-one has misunderstood anything. If he's saying the media are manipulating and lying about what's happening in Ukraine, then he's denying the horrific things that are happening. 

95% of normal reasoned people understand this. Alas Turkish is not in that group but tries oh so hard to be the sage. Fucking embarrassing really

6 hours ago, whelk said:

D62E2220-C459-48EF-97D9-FA9959287B04.jpeg

So easy to misunderstand if you are incredibly dense, His  ‘as always’ delete response shows what an arrogant cunt he has become. 
imagine being so thick to not understand what is meant by this?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Just for clarification, Le tissier was sacked from sky sports because of his social media posts.

He stated this fact on a conspiracy theorist podcast, months back.

Well if he said it on a conspiracy theorist podcast then it must be true!

Why were Thompson and Nicholas sacked at the same time?

• Like 1

Tiss is exactly the type that pisses and moans about lack of free speech, even whilst utilising that platform of free speech.

Then throws toys out of the pram when anybody dares exercise their free speech to question him.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep about how he chooses his time, and don't really pay any attention to anything he says any more.

But if you position yourself as a relentless contrarian, expect to meet opposition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Daily Mail weighing in. Pity they didn't come here for some fan opinions, would have been funny to see some of our posters mentioned in the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10688659/Matt-Le-Tissier-slammed-fans-spreading-conspiracy-theories-Bucha-massacre.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

But we aren’t meant to believe a word the daily fail/heil/racist says so obviously this is article is nonsense 

• Like 1

Like many believers of conspiracy theory, he lacks the intelligence to critique the material he absorbs just because it goes against the norm. Conspiracy theories may occasionally have a grain of truth, but they are also bait for the naive. He is showing the same idiocy of many, so instead of acknowledging that he also might be wrong, he just digs a bigger hole. 

He was admired and idolised for his left foot, right foot and forehead, not the gray matter behind it. 

Ignore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Daily Mail weighing in. Pity they didn't come here for some fan opinions, would have been funny to see some of our posters mentioned in the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10688659/Matt-Le-Tissier-slammed-fans-spreading-conspiracy-theories-Bucha-massacre.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Wow look at the comments and all the upvotes!

The second most upvoted comment is a Pompey fan who has found a whole new level of respect for Matt :D 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Just goes to show you should never meet your heroes. I am so relieved I have never met Turkish for instance. 

Two posts since the 21st of March, both about me.  Seems like I’m the only reason you post on here 😀

Maybe I need to get on Insta, TicTok and Twitter so I can get outraged at more stuff.

Actually I did get on Twitter years back and just found it a platform for people to post controversial stuff and wait for people to react and pile in. Seems nothing has changed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Two posts since the 21st of March, both about me.  Seems like I’m the only reason you post on here 😀

Timings and posts are clearly quite important to you. Suggest you might see the irony that you are probably the only one doing this.  

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

But we aren’t meant to believe a word the daily fail/heil/racist says so obviously this is article is nonsense 

You do realise that you don’t do a lot to lose the thick cunt tag with posts like this?

How many hours is this now?

• Haha 1

Plenty of of football forums have failed because of threads like this one. Political stuff seeps into everything. There will be no coming together, no resolution. I suggest binning this and sticking to falling out over football disagreements. 

Seriously, this crap is a massive turn off to a lot of people. And even if they avoid this thread, they will feel its damage on other ones. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whelk said:

You do realise that you don’t do a lot to lose the thick cunt tag with posts like this?

How many hours is this now?

Wasn't me posting at 3 in the morning :lol:

You seem to be very troubled Whelk, everything okay hun? ❤️

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Plenty of of football forums have failed because of threads like this one. Political stuff seeps into everything. There will be no coming together, no resolution. I suggest binning this and sticking to falling out over football disagreements. 

Seriously, this crap is a massive turn off to a lot of people. And even if they avoid this thread, they will feel its damage on other ones. 

Is this the first ever "dont discuss things on a forum" post?

Our best ever player, and club ambassador, is regularly acting like a twat, it's worth discussing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I get that. The ugly became dominated by politics, people switched off, and the site suffered. That said, the issue on this thread has been the OP's unwillingness to accept any opinion other than his own, plus his constant "thick c@nt" name calling and personal jibes. Sadly that kind of nonsense will damage any thread. 

• Like 4

Just now, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Is this the first ever "dont discuss things on a forum" post?

Our best ever player, and club ambassador, is regularly acting like a twat, it's worth discussing.

He makes a good point though. It's basically become one persons abusive rant (until 3am!) against anyone who didn't agree with his opening post. 

• Like 3

I have a MLT personalised Saints shirt that I bought in a charity auction in the 90's (cost £800). At the time only 2or 3 were MLT able to give away as it had the Premier League badge on it. Matt swapped it over from the bog standard club shop one as I had paid so much!

It is now going to be taken down and put in a cupboard or I may get it auctioned and give the proceeds to the Ukrainian appeal. It is personalised and so may be worthless anyway.

• Haha 1

MLT, we shouldn't forget, if I recall correctly nearly led us down the path to extinction when his golfing mate (Pompey fan?) made him believe he would save the club. In my opinion, Poor judgement of a character, perhaps.

13 hours ago, The Cat said:

A clearly outraged Whelk said "****, thick ****, big nose ****, ****, ****, Thick. Expected more of the ****, you're a ****, thick ****, ****, out of your depth ****, ****, embarassing ****, ****, ****"

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, OldNick said:

As we have Serbian owners whose people voted a pro Putin president in, they may not be against what Matt is saying. He may be invited to become the Comcal Ali of football

Dragan Solak is in an ongoing feud with Serbian government. They very much disagree on a lot of things.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

I wonder where our club would be today without his efforts in the 90's?  I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that it could be a far worse place.   

In summary - Legend.

Im sorry I adored MLT as much as anybody, but that does not excuse his actions now. What does a football club matter when women and children are getting raped and murdered, and he is using his position to deny this is happening. 

MLT has the mouthpiece as he gained his fame playing for us, he should not embarrass our fanbase with his ridiculous standpoint.

I dont doubt the Ukrainians have done stuff to the Russian invaders but do not try and wave through the denial that this butchery has happened.

Shame on us as a fanbase if we do

Edited by OldNick
  • Like 1

There are two options:

1) MLT outright missed the point of the tweet he shared meaning he is a bit thick.

2) He understood perfectly well and is now back-pedalling because of how disgusting the views are

I’m leaning towards 2 based on everything else he has shared over the last two years.