MLT - Legend or embarrassment?

whelk

9 hours ago, redstamp said:

Wow! Cancelling someone because they post that the media is complicit in lying about WMD, covid etc, therefore could possibly be extending the truth on events in Russia?!!!! He was not denying the devastation going on - just questioning the narrative from msm!  😞 Whatever happened to freedom of speech? So very, very sad!!   

Can't wait for your next post!    

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

He cancelled himself and this is the accumulation of two years of irresponsible behaviour.

Nobody with a brain cell would use the clear mass murder of civilians to make a point on the MSM

Freedom of speech also applies to those that counter Le Tissiers embarrassing comments.

I reiterate - MLT was questioning the msm and NOT the mass murder of civilians! My understanding of his post was whether the media are reporting ANYTHING accurately or to suit the current agenda! Don’t get me wrong Putin is undeniably a monster - but I believe there is more to the involvement of Biden and NATO than is comfortable! Be honest - any normal, intelligent human being should also be questioning the current media narrative - peace man - I just don’t want an unnecessary war!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

You've waited 15 years to make your first post and that's it? Blimey. 

Been living the dream mate! ☀️ Not so happy with the totalitarianism going on here right now in Australia! Be careful what you wish for - I for one am happy someone like MLT is questioning the narrative!!

Edited by redstamp

1 minute ago, redstamp said:

Been living the dream mate! ☀️ Not so happy with the totalitarianism going on here in right now in Australia! Be careful what you wish for - I for one am happy someone like MLT is questioning the narrative!!

4 minutes ago, redstamp said:

Been living the dream mate! ☀️ Not so happy with the totalitarianism going on here right now in Australia! Be careful what you wish for - I for one am happy someone like MLT is questioning the narrative!!

I have never heard ‘narrative’ used so frequently as it is these days. Is now a word like ‘optics’ that people seem to want to use to show a varied vocabulary 

5 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

What do you think has happened to freedom of speech? Has it been restricted in any way?

Clearly if people are cancelling someone for their opinion! Ironically - never agreed with ‘jezza’ but I think he is speaking the truth right now! 

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

I have never heard ‘narrative’ used so frequently as it is these days. Is now a word like ‘optics’ that people seem to want to use to show a varied vocabulary 

Narrative - ‘a spoken or written account of connected events; a story’ for example: The media lied about WMD, the media lied about covid’ Hunter Biden laptop etc. Does that clarify? 

Edited by redstamp

2 minutes ago, redstamp said:

Narrative - ‘a spoken or written account of connected events; a story’ for example: The media lied about WMD, the media lied about covid’ Hunter Biden laptop etc. Does they clarify? 

What lies did media tell over WMD? 
as for Biden’s laptop - baaaah little sheep baaaah

1 minute ago, whelk said:

What lies did media tell over WMD? 
as for Biden’s laptop - baaaah little sheep baaaah

Was quoting MLT in my post - but in terms of media lies - there were no WMD! The collective ‘Bidens’ ‘ interest in Ukraine is undeniable!  

7 minutes ago, redstamp said:

Narrative - ‘a spoken or written account of connected events; a story’ for example: The media lied about WMD, the media lied about covid’ Hunter Biden laptop etc. Does that clarify? 

Not really. Just empty platitudes. "The media lied about Covid" is an utterly worthless phrase meaning nothing. Ditto the rest of it.  

8 minutes ago, redstamp said:

Was quoting MLT in my post - but in terms of media lies - there were no WMD! The collective ‘Bidens’ ‘ interest in Ukraine is undeniable!  

And then reported when none were found. The conspiracy theorists are so crap at reasoning anything. Then they bleat about being thick. 
But yes a complete story, sorry narrative, from WMD, Covid, laptops and war crimes. A chosen few can join the dots

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

And then reported when none were found. The conspiracy theorists are so crap at reasoning anything. Then they bleat about being thick. 
But yes a complete story, sorry narrative, from WMD, Covid, laptops and war crimes. A chosen few can join the dots

Agreed - but by then the damage was done in terms of public approval for UK being part of a very unnecessary war! Who can forget Tony Blair’s interview at the beginning of the Iraq war?

• Like 1

Just now, austsaint said:

Blair, Campbell, George Dubya and our little Aussie brown noser John Howard.

For the disgraceful horror of that War, we generally didn't give a shit in this country.  We kind of pick and choose when to stand up for what is right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

For the disgraceful horror of that War, we generally didn't give a shit in this country.  We kind of pick and choose when to stand up for what is right.

Many western countries do, not just England.  New Zealand is one of the few democratic nations whose moral compass is untarnished.

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not everyone can approach every single injustice, unfairness and atrocity in every country and every people all over the world with the exact same level of concern/action like you do. Well done.

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Not everyone can approach every single injustice, unfairness and atrocity in every country and every people all over the world with the exact same level of concern/action like you do. Well done.

Not sure I suggested we should challenge injustice in every country.  Just the ones we are involved with/enabling would be a start.

Anyway, as said, WMD was a massive lie by Blair & Campbell, which was enabled by the press (who I believe were used)

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Why is Gary Linkear getting away with saying the media don’t tell the truth? 🤔

Possibly because it’s either stories relating to himself or it isn’t questioning the site of charcoaled bodies on the news being made up? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not sure I suggested we should challenge injustice in every country.  Just the ones we are involved with/enabling would be a start.

Anyway, as said, WMD was a massive lie by Blair & Campbell, which was enabled by the press (who I believe were used)

100%

On 09/04/2022 at 06:01, CB Fry said:

Title is "Breaking my silence on cancel culture" - okay he's a twat.

So: two "mainstream medias" in the first ten seconds including the phrase "it is clear that the mainstream media are trying to destroy me at every opportunity". Stopped at that point. Cast iron, twat.

The mainstream media is always looking for a bit of material Matt. And like a dalmatian who barks along to the Countdown theme or Jesus's face found in a coffee shop Bakewell tart, you are providing a little content. Let's point and laugh, or shake our heads sadly. And still laugh.

It's fish in a barrel time for them being that you're providing the content yourself for free. The "mainstream meeeeja" barely have to lift a finger beyond holding up a mirror to it.

Honestly there ain't much to destroy son. You're a two steps up from a nobody. Stop tweeting moronic shite and you'll get no attention. But, I think you want the attention. 

Quite frankly I feel ashamed inside that I really wanted you to win that ITV reality sports series that Richard Bacon presented a few years back. I really wanted you to win it. If only I knew.

Assuming he cared for your support it was a ‘paid for’ reality show gig - get a grip! 

On 09/04/2022 at 13:55, Saint_clark said:

I hate the argument about the amount of "adverse affects" reported after the vaccine. Hands up who here has had the flu jab and had a sore arm after? That's an adverse affect. 

Let's not forget that nobody needs to prove they have such an affect - you can go onto the government's yellow card reporting website and report anything you want as a side affect. 

21 year old previously healthy daughter on heart meds now after her 2nd! She’s the only person in our household to get covid and she’s been boosted now too! Just one example of a side effect of the vaccine!! 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, redstamp said:

21 year old previously healthy daughter on heart meds now after her 2nd! She’s the only person in our household to get covid and she’s been boosted now too! Just one example of a side effect of the vaccine!! 

How bad would she have been without the vaccine?

I hope she improves soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redstamp said:

Sorry to hear this. Can I ask though, what came first, heart issues or covid? 

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

How bad would she have been without the vaccine?

I hope she improves soon.

Thank you - I hope so too! It is a very interesting question! I have no idea - possibly it was dormant in her system before her 2nd vaccine but we will never be 100% sure :(  

2 minutes ago, egg said:

She was diagnosed with Graves’ disease after her 2nd vaccine - had mandatory booster (as required in Perth WA) and then contracted covid! No one else in the family affected including a non vaxxed family member. 

9 minutes ago, redstamp said:

She was diagnosed with Graves’ disease after her 2nd vaccine - had mandatory booster (as required in Perth WA) and then contracted covid! No one else in the family affected including a non vaxxed family member. 

Cheers, hope she's gonna be OK. The insinuation from your first post was that she had a heart issue as a consequence of a vaccine, but is the heart issue from  the Graves? Are you saying that the vaccine caused the Graves?

I asked my initial question if what came first heart issue or covid quite deliberately - there's this huge rush to blame the vaccine on heart and other health issues on the vaccine, without looking at the more obvious cause being covid. 

Edited by egg

1 hour ago, egg said:

4 minutes ago, redstamp said:

My daughter and snap dragon both had Graves’ disease and were both diagnosed at 21ish. Maybe a a case of coincidence in the timing of the vaccine, rather than anything more sinister. 

It’s not nice but once they get the balance and treatment right, things should be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

My daughter and snap dragon both had Graves’ disease and were both diagnosed at 21ish. Maybe a a case of coincidence in the timing of the vaccine, rather than anything more sinister. 

It’s not nice but once they get the balance and treatment right, things should be fine. 

Thanks for your input - I am hoping it is something that is treatable, she fully recovers and is able to have a family of her own when she wishes! Absolutely heartbreaking tho’ and no parent could be blamed for asking the question,  in terms of the timing of the jabs! 

Rod Liddell has written a big piece on MLT in today's Sunday Times Sports section.

Relatively favourable ie allowing MLT the freedom to post his relatively crankish points of view without too much dilution of his exceptional feats on the football field.

Mention was also made of our dear old friend Dejan Lovren who, apparently, has called for a boycott of Disney due to its promotion of LGBT+ features.

18 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Mention was also made of our dear old friend Dejan Lovren who, apparently, has called for a boycott of Disney due to its promotion of LGBT+ features.

Rules out a surprise return to the South coast and him signing for Portsmouth then.

• Haha 1

I listened to MLT’s ‘rebuke’ on Gettr or whatever it’s called. Nothing particularly enlightening but one sentence towards the end stood out to me - ‘I just want to live my life, enjoy time with my family and play sport, without government tracking every move I make or every transaction I make’

I find this paranoia quite sad to be honest, it must be exhausting. Matt, I assume, filmed his speech on a IPad/IPhone/Computer, all of which have been able to track us comfortably for 20+ years. I assume he’s used Credit Cards most of his adult life. Every time he gets in his car, an ANPR can follow his every move. None of this is new or particularly recent but has apparently only become a problem in the last year or so. 

He is now trying to conflate Gary Lineker’s response to the Daily Mail getting the information wrong about his situation with his ex wife to his own position (as was) about the news from the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He really seems to have lost the plot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

He is now trying to conflate Gary Lineker’s response to the Daily Mail getting the information wrong about his situation with his ex wife to his own position (as was) about the news from the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He really seems to have lost the plot.

Talking of lost the plot, you seem to be posting about someone you claim to have on ignore, yet again. 🤣

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Why is Gary Linkear getting away with saying the media don’t tell the truth? 🤔

Most people probably give as much of a shit about Linekers domestic arrangements as they do about Beckham's son marrying some rich bint in USA. 

• Like 1

We all know the media tell lies, as do governments. They always have and always will, it’s just human nature. Saying main stream media lied about Covid just means nothing because there must have been a million things written on the subject, some would be lies, some would just be wrong, some would have been spot on.

What was wrong with Matt’s tweet was the fact that he implied a conspiracy that the main stream media is some sort of single entity that is controlled by the government which is just complete nonsense. The dangerous thing about spreading this idea is that in Russia that pretty much is the case. There are probably many in Russia who only know a state controlled media so when they see the truth online it is easy to write off as enemy propaganda not a free press reporting what they see.

39 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Talking of lost the plot, you seem to be posting about someone you claim to have on ignore, yet again. 🤣

You know he is talking about Le Tiss not you. 

He is getting more pathetic by the day. 

• Like 1