MLT - Legend or embarrassment?

whelk

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I think labelling anyone who questions the narrative as a conspiracy theorist has become a problem. It became a method of silencing people and shutting down debate during covid, lockdowns have been shown to be a terrible mistake that will have long term consequences,  people who opposed them like Le Tiss were labelled conspiracy theorists at the time 

The flaw in your answer is that lockdowns were a terrible mistake . Only for Johnson who wants to remain popular whatever the cost . You may have noticed that covid cases have rocketed since restrictions were lifted , hospitals have few staff who are fit and are turning ambulances away from A&E . Airlines have few staff , etc . The covid cases have increased despite withdrawal of free tests etc etc .

2 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

In regards to the comment above referencing the time MLT got suckered in by that penniless guy back in 2009, yes, that's an example of sorts however didn't we all get suckered in a bit by that? He must have had something about him since Keegan (would be manager) and Strachen (would be DOF) had basically agreed their respective roles under this fictional new hierarchy according to reports. Also I seem to remember Lawrie saying that he'd met with this guy and really liked him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We were mere hours from going out of business. I was clinging to anything and everything. Anyone using this as a stick to beat MLT with didn't go through the same trauma as me. I thought we were gone in those last days. Markus finding us was a godsend, but we didn't know that at the time. Matt was fighting for his club. Anyone who thinks it was something else is wrong.

And concerning his latest views of all things of this world, I find not getting breaking news stories from sportsmen and celebrities limits the damage to ones mind. Stop tuning in, leave your memories intact, it will be healthier in the long run. 

I'm not sure either Keegan or Strachan agreed to anything, from recollection it was mostly forum hype claiming Strachan and Martin O'Neill were spotted in Winchester. MLT, however, had agreed to joining the board - possibly chairman(?) and that obviously helped get him on side.

I don't think anybody at the time really held the incident against him as a person, as ultimately it all ended up ok. Even if the club got wound up, people still probably would have given him credit for having acted in good faith. Having said that, it was widely observed that the preference towards the Pinnacle deal held up the Liebherr bid and I think it was somewhat damaging for his credibility. He claimed Pinnacle backed out because of the points deduction but, it was plain to most that he had completely backed the wrong horse. At various points in the decade after his playing career ended, fans and media talked about whether he could join the coaching setup or the board. The Fialka incident put a stop to that. Obviously he has now gone on to find a new audience who will worship him like we once did.

Strongly agree with your last sentence.

55 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

https://gettr.com/streaming/p149gty882d Worth a watch while it stays 

Makes some good points in general, but also makes some very confused points,  government stalking etc. Admits that his tweet was clumsy, but really needs to engage brain before hitting enter in future.   Looks a bit dazed and lost to me as well.  Very sad to see him fall from grace so publicly. 

Just spent an hour and a half in MLT’s company listening to everything he has to say. 

Top bloke and will always be the player that captured every Saints fan’s hearts. Very blessed to have had him.  

Didn’t realise his 2 eldest brothers were as talented as he was. 

Edited by Klaus Schwab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

https://gettr.com/streaming/p149gty882d Worth a watch while it stays 

Title is "Breaking my silence on cancel culture" - okay he's a twat.

So: two "mainstream medias" in the first ten seconds including the phrase "it is clear that the mainstream media are trying to destroy me at every opportunity". Stopped at that point. Cast iron, twat.

The mainstream media is always looking for a bit of material Matt. And like a dalmatian who barks along to the Countdown theme or Jesus's face found in a coffee shop Bakewell tart, you are providing a little content. Let's point and laugh, or shake our heads sadly. And still laugh.

It's fish in a barrel time for them being that you're providing the content yourself for free. The "mainstream meeeeja" barely have to lift a finger beyond holding up a mirror to it.

Honestly there ain't much to destroy son. You're a two steps up from a nobody. Stop tweeting moronic shite and you'll get no attention. But, I think you want the attention. 

Quite frankly I feel ashamed inside that I really wanted you to win that ITV reality sports series that Richard Bacon presented a few years back. I really wanted you to win it. If only I knew.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Personally I miss all those geniuses who were saying "now these restrictions are in place they will never be taken away!! NEVER!! The government want to CONTROL every element of our lives forever now and this is just the start now they've got their claws into us etc etc etc etc"

We that shit on here from some posters.

How's that working out, fuckwits? 

I went on a ski holiday back in February with a bunch of mates, all of us triple jabbed. There's was supposed to be one more but he was one of those convinced that the government were never going to control his freedom with their experimental jab. Basically we spent a week packed into apres ski bars watching live music whilst he sat at home, alone, in Leeds with his 'freedom'. A well meaning bloke but the penny still hasn't dropped.

I did meet a denier not too long ago who had actually gone full circle. His argument was basically, "have you noticed how so many people who oppose the government's control project keep dying." I actually agreed with him, I've noticed that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I went on a ski holiday back in February with a bunch of mates, all of us triple jabbed. There's was supposed to be one more but he was one of those convinced that the government were never going to control his freedom with their experimental jab. Basically we spent a week packed into apres ski bars watching live music whilst he sat at home, alone, in Leeds with his 'freedom'. A well meaning bloke but the penny still hasn't dropped.

I did meet a denier not too long ago who had actually gone full circle. His argument was basically, "have you noticed how so many people who oppose the government's control project keep dying." I actually agreed with him, I've noticed that too.

Be jabbed as many times as you like, it doesn't concern me or anyone else, but please don't despise those that have chosen not to be jabbed at all with - and I don't think even the most ardent supporter of COVID vaccines would deny this - what is a rushed-out vaccine. I don't know you, Lighthouse, but I sincerely hope for your sake that you don't get cancer or collapse suddenly while jogging years down the road because of these jabs you've had.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

Be jabbed as many times as you like, it doesn't concern me or anyone else, but please don't despise those that have chosen not to be jabbed at all with - and I don't think even the most ardent supporter of COVID vaccines would deny this - what is a rushed-out vaccine. I don't know you, Lighthouse, but I sincerely hope for your sake that you don't get cancer or collapse suddenly while jogging years down the road because of these jabs you've had.

I trust that you thank the majority of us who are jabbed for the pandemic not being out of control, and the healthcare system not collapsing. You're welcome.

Oh BTW, and the vaccine wasn't "rushed".

• Like 9

6 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

The flaw in your answer is that lockdowns were a terrible mistake . Only for Johnson who wants to remain popular whatever the cost . You may have noticed that covid cases have rocketed since restrictions were lifted , hospitals have few staff who are fit and are turning ambulances away from A&E . Airlines have few staff , etc . The covid cases have increased despite withdrawal of free tests etc etc .

A terrible mistake to prevent the healthcare system from collapsing? Everything you describe in the other sentences would've happened on steroids pre-vaccine if there were no lockdowns.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Klaus Schwab said:

I’m sure you’re aware of Pfizer’s own trial data and that it’s total Bullshit, because, ya know, science 

He’s wrong about the reporting of side effects incidentally.

I hate the argument about the amount of "adverse affects" reported after the vaccine. Hands up who here has had the flu jab and had a sore arm after? That's an adverse affect. 

Let's not forget that nobody needs to prove they have such an affect - you can go onto the government's yellow card reporting website and report anything you want as a side affect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

I don't know you, Lighthouse, but I sincerely hope for your sake that you don't get cancer or collapse suddenly while jogging years down the road because of these jabs you've had.

Some of us are still waiting for the 15% of the population to drop down stone dead because of the George Soros Bill Gates Davos Great Reset death jab. It's been over year now since we started getting it.

That's definitely still happening right? It was on the Internet and everything.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

My point exactly !

But it's a bad point. Covid is rife now, and whilst the NHS are struggling, hospitals aren't piled high with covid patients. That's cos most people have been vaccinated and can bat away covid without needing a hospital. Take the vaccine out of the equation, and had we been living like we are now amongst the earlier variants, it'd be carnage. It's not complicated. 

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Some of us are still waiting for the 15% of the population to drop down stone dead because of the George Soros Bill Gates Davos Great Reset death jab. It's been over year now since we started getting it.

That's definitely still happening right? It was on the Internet and everything.

Good point. When is the big switch on? No one seems to have mentioned that for a while, all part of the plan, yes

• Like 1

I collapse every time I go running and see a tunnel with light at the end. Then I see this big fella with a beard and by his side is a Bill Gates lookalike who tells me to go back and continue my righteous work on Saintsweb. He also slagged off Elon Musk and iPads. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Ah but only one of you has got a substance in them that you don’t know what it contains. Whilst you were in the alps having fun and he was sitting at home in his flat in Leeds only one of you was truly free. Spoiler alert it wasn’t you. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

I don't know you SS, but I certainly don't despise you for not taking the vaccine and I am sincerely glad you didn't get covid and die as a result. However, I am not sure you really understand the process of bringing a vaccine to the public. Or did you just mean - when you said "rushed out" - that it `went quickly' rather than `steps were missed'? Either way, be well sir. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Ah but only one of you has got a substance in them that you don’t know what it contains. Whilst you were in the alps having fun and he was sitting at home in his flat in Leeds only one of you was truly free. Spoiler alert it wasn’t you. 

Come on Turks dont be that foolish. Since your birth how many vaccinations have you had,? I bet you have never even checked one of them for contents.

If there was social media all those years ago Alexander Fleming would be burned at the cross. 'He's putting that penicillin stuff in our bodies, we're all going to die.'

They'd be rickets, Small pox , polio, and all the other appalling illnesses that were uncontrolled but now in the main rare.

I dont know what the Bill Gates thing is,or how it is to control us, but one thing is for sure the government dont need to inject us to do that, just look how Putin is doing it in Russia at this time. The worlds economies didnt shut down for no reason. 

Sadly there are people who believe that they are that important the government or somebody wants to get them, but spoiler alert its not you 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Instant Classic said:

I am glad he has recognised he was wrong, but five minutes later he's spouting bollocks on twitter comparing the Daily Mail's inaccuracy in a story about Gary Lineker with reporting on Ukraine. As I've said previously, he's not as clever as he thinks and the more he talks the more he reveals that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chez said:

I am glad he has recognised he was wrong, but five minutes later he's spouting bollocks on twitter comparing the Daily Mail's inaccuracy in a story about Gary Lineker with reporting on Ukraine. As I've said previously, he's not as clever as he thinks and the more he talks the more he reveals that.

It's debilitating how pitifully thick he is, compared to how jolly clever he thinks he is.

I think mainly because he reminds me of certain people on here.

15 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's debilitating how pitifully thick he is, compared to how jolly clever he thinks he is.

It's amazing how many people use social media to try and prove how clever and correct they are. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Being on here (at times) is what I imagine it would be in a cafe full of old school British taxi drivers on their break. Imagine collecting all those pearls of wisdom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, egg said:

But it's a bad point. Covid is rife now, and whilst the NHS are struggling, hospitals aren't piled high with covid patients. That's cos most people have been vaccinated and can bat away covid without needing a hospital. Take the vaccine out of the equation, and had we been living like we are now amongst the earlier variants, it'd be carnage. It's not complicated. 

Total misunderstanding , I was disagreeing with the comment that lockdowns were a disaster ! A gradual lifting of restrictions ie keep waring masks and free tests would have been a better idea. Now everyone thinks we are back to normal so trying to go on holiday like nothing has happened for 2 years . 
Says me gridlocked in Kent !

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I get nervous about eating out for the same reason. For all we know, Lighthouse might have been eating horse meat lasagne for dinner, and who knows what was in those drinks if he didn't brew them himself and grow all the ingredients.

Notwithstanding that, you might struggle to find people who agree with your sense of freedom, especially when you consider that the vaccine wasn't compulsory under almost all circumstances. Slight digression but bear with me - I heard recently during a discussion of the concept of happiness on Radio 5 the story of Eva Eger, a holocaust survivor, who was sent to Auschwitz. On the day she arrived her parents were killed and that evening she had to dance in front of Mengele. The last thing her mother told her was "Nobody can take away from you what you put in your own mind". She took the advice on board and that evening visualised that she was dancing to the music of Tchaikowski in the opera house. She also commented that she considered her guards to be the ones truly in prison... Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that she survived in part through staying optimistic through incredible hardship, and bringing it back to topic, perhaps freedom really is a matter of perception after all, even if it means sitting at home and not having fun in the Alps.

Apologies for the rambling but I found it interesting and felt it applied here to an extent.

Edited by Ted Bates Statue
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

I get nervous about eating out for the same reason. For all we know, Lighthouse might have been eating horse meat lasagne for dinner, and who knows what was in those drinks if he didn't brew them himself and grow all the ingredients.

Notwithstanding that, you might struggle to find people who agree with your sense of freedom, especially when you consider that the vaccine wasn't compulsory under almost all circumstances. Slight digression but bear with me - I heard recently during a discussion of the concept of happiness on Radio 5 the story of Eva Eger, a holocaust survivor, who was sent to Auschwitz. On the day she arrived her parents were killed and that evening she had to dance in front of Mengele. The last thing her mother told her was "Nobody can take away from you what you put in your own mind". She took the advice on board and that evening visualised that she was dancing to the music of Tchaikowski in the opera house. She also commented that she considered her guards to be the ones truly in prison... Anyway, the point I'm getting at is that she survived in part through staying optimistic through incredible hardship, and bringing it back to topic, perhaps freedom really is a matter of perception after all, even if it means sitting at home and not having fun in the Alps.

Apologies for the rambling but I found it interesting and felt it applied here to an extent.

Turkish loves a Holocaust comparison

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, OldNick said:

Come on Turks dont be that foolish. Since your birth how many vaccinations have you had,? I bet you have never even checked one of them for contents.

If there was social media all those years ago Alexander Fleming would be burned at the cross. 'He's putting that penicillin stuff in our bodies, we're all going to die.'

They'd be rickets, Small pox , polio, and all the other appalling illnesses that were uncontrolled but now in the main rare.

I dont know what the Bill Gates thing is,or how it is to control us, but one thing is for sure the government dont need to inject us to do that, just look how Putin is doing it in Russia at this time. The worlds economies didnt shut down for no reason. 

Sadly there are people who believe that they are that important the government or somebody wants to get them, but spoiler alert its not you 

Life and death are temporary but freedom goes on forever. They may take our lives but they’ll never take our freedom. Freedom is power to live a life untamed and Unafraid is the gift I have been given, so my journey begins. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Life and death are temporary but freedom goes on forever. They may take our lives but they’ll never take our freedom. Freedom is power to live a life untamed and Unafraid is the gift I have been given, so my journey begins. 

Have you just been hit by MLT stick ?? I do hope when you next go abroad, do not have any inoculations as your Freedom is power and that power will ward away malaria as surely those old chemicals they are trying to poison you with wont help you

4 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Have you just been hit by MLT stick ?? I do hope when you next go abroad, do not have any inoculations as your Freedom is power and that power will ward away malaria as surely those old chemicals they are trying to poison you with wont help you

All we have to do is take these lies and make them true somehow, all we have to say is that I don’t belong to you and you don’t belong to me.

15 minutes ago, Turkish said:

All we have to do is take these lies and make them true somehow, all we have to say is that I don’t belong to you and you don’t belong to me.

Crikey you are taking me back to the late 60's when I saw my brothers friends on hallucinogenic substances

Edited by OldNick
spelling

3 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Crikey you are taking me back to the late 60's when I saw my brothers friends on halogenic substances

Heaven knows you must have been such a young boy didn’t know what you wanted to be

20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

No, the problem is that people believe there is a ‘narrative’ when in reality it’s a common consensus, backed up by overwhelming evidence. "War crimes are being committed in Ukraine," is not some official piece of state propaganda that all MSM has been ordered to adhere to. It happened, beyond any reasonable doubt, we have the bodies, the eyewitness accounts and other evidence to prove it.

The biggest fallacy that conspiracy theorists cling to is that their counter argument is equal and opposite to the ‘official narrative’. The idea that a professor in infectious disease, who has been doing actual research, in a laboratory, peer-reviewed and cross checked, day-in day-out for decades, is somehow equal to a guy on Facebook saying, "yeah but what if it isn’t," is truly contemptible. The fact that you can’t decide which of those to put your faith in is beyond absurdity.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'

Isaac Asimov

We live in a world now where unless something is categorically and unequivocally certain and proven true (and even sometimes that is not enough) then that tiny shred of an alternative or different possibility, is treated as being equal to the wealth of evidence, common sense, logic and expert opinion. Any attempt to criticise or dismiss that absurd opinion or extremely unlikely possibility is then treated as an attack on free speech and a cover up. We saw this all over with Covid where the lies and conspiracies spread like wildfire despite 99.9% of them being completely baseless and many of them being factually dangerous to people's health, but we had a whole host of conspiracy theorists spreading harmful misinformation acting as if they were whistle blowers in a global conspiracy, and sadly too many ignorant people followed them, with several cases of people literally dying to covid because of these false claims. 

Sadly we just don't seem to live in the world of truth, facts, experts, we live in the world of who can shout their mouths off loudest and a certain section of society will just follow and believe like brainless sheep. Trump, Brexit, Covid etc. has shown how a huge slice of society can be very easily manipulated into believing at times the absurd. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'

Isaac Asimov

We live in a world now where unless something is categorically and unequivocally certain and proven true (and even sometimes that is not enough) then that tiny shred of an alternative or different possibility, is treated as being equal to the wealth of evidence, common sense, logic and expert opinion. Any attempt to criticise or dismiss that absurd opinion or extremely unlikely possibility is then treated as an attack on free speech and a cover up. We saw this all over with Covid where the lies and conspiracies spread like wildfire despite 99.9% of them being completely baseless and many of them being factually dangerous to people's health, but we had a whole host of conspiracy theorists spreading harmful misinformation acting as if they were whistle blowers in a global conspiracy, and sadly too many ignorant people followed them, with several cases of people literally dying to covid because of these false claims. 

Sadly we just don't seem to live in the world of truth, facts, experts, we live in the world of who can shout their mouths off loudest and a certain section of society will just follow and believe like brainless sheep. Trump, Brexit, Covid etc. has shown how a huge slice of society can be very easily manipulated into believing at times the absurd. 

spot on

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

I will add extinction rebellion, BLM and of course the ridiculous debates about gender.

After witnessing a bunch of disinterested melts get humiliated today, at least I get to fondly remember a time where we'd punch above of weight. Out fight better opposition and generally put in displays where you'd be okay with defeat. Must be well depressing loving shit footballers for not upsetting people on Twitter! lol

Edited by LiberalCommunist

6 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

Worst film ever , rewriting of history by Hollywood . Best bit was wallace being …..

About he only historically accurate part of the film. Still, people will believe the lies in it (the "French bird" was actually 9 years old at the time, and living in France for example), although it was widely ridiculed at the time AFAIK. Gibson does hate the English though it seems.

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

After witnessing a bunch of disinterested melts get humiliated today, at least I get to fondly remember a time where we'd punch above of weight. Out fight better opposition and generally put in displays where you'd be okay with defeat. Must be well depressing loving shit footballers for not upsetting people on Twitter! lol

We're one of the worst funded teams in the league, fighting over 9th-13th. You're getting nostalgic over one of the worst funded teams in the league finishing 16th-18th. People remember times like that with rose tinted glasses. Mention the great escape season and people get all whimsical over Le Tiss, Pahars and the trip to Wimbledon. They tend to forget losing 7-1 to Liverpool, 1-4 at home to Villa and 5-0 at Charlton.

• Like 1

Wow! Cancelling someone because they post that the media is complicit in lying about WMD, covid etc, therefore could possibly be extending the truth on events in Russia?!!!! He was not denying the devastation going on - just questioning the narrative from msm!  😞 Whatever happened to freedom of speech? So very, very sad!!   

Edited by redstamp
Op error

4 hours ago, redstamp said:

Wow! Cancelling someone because they post that the media is complicit in lying about WMD, covid etc, therefore could possibly be extending the truth on events in Russia?!!!! He was not denying the devastation going on - just questioning the narrative from msm!  😞 Whatever happened to freedom of speech? So very, very sad!!   

What do you think has happened to freedom of speech? Has it been restricted in any way?

7 hours ago, redstamp said:

He cancelled himself and this is the accumulation of two years of irresponsible behaviour.

Nobody with a brain cell would use the clear mass murder of civilians to make a point on the MSM

Freedom of speech also applies to those that counter Le Tissiers embarrassing comments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redstamp said:

You've waited 15 years to make your first post and that's it? Blimey. 

• Haha 4