MLT - Legend or embarrassment?

whelk

9 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

It’s not mandatory to read his tweets. If they offend you or embarrass you….stop reading them. 

It makes me laugh people boasting about how they stopped following him or the ones who do follow him but carry on being outraged at what he tweets. It’s properly odd

• Like 1

Le Tissier is an ex-footballer - a very talented one - but his fame is built on that and nothing more.  He should stick to football.  He's not qualified to talk about anything else.  

He shouldn't use that fame to push conspiracy theories or an anti-vaccine stance - they are his personal private opinions and should stay that way.  

I would ask him though why none of the players who have had heart problems have come out and said it was because they had been vaccinated - its more likely they caught Covid - mildly probably - maybe they weren't even aware they had it - but then suffered some form of long Covid which gave them heart problems.  

But we don't know - and neither does he - so why is he giving and opinion he's not qualified to - and more so when he doesn't have the information needed to actually have an informed opinion on it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Before you give us anymore of your opinions, can we please see your credentials. Is this how it works now?

Matt Le Tissier can spout off any old ill informed horseshit as much as he likes.

No one is stopping him. No one.

20 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Is that your opinion?

I'm afraid I can't validate them without seeing your credentials.......

Can see you’re struggling a little bit. Read earlier posts but not sure you will join the dots

Edited by whelk
  • Confused 1

Interesting listening to the Total Saints Podcast where Dan Sheldon confirmed the club had spoken to him several times about his tweets. It was a very good discussion and a lot of very good points made by the panel. 

It shows a fair degree of arrogance or lack of interest in his “job” as club ambassador that not only has he failed to tone it down but has just become more and more controversial.  

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Interesting listening to the Total Saints Podcast where Dan Sheldon confirmed the club had spoken to him several times about his tweets. It was a very good discussion and a lot of very good points made by the panel. 

It shows a fair degree of arrogance or lack of interest in his “job” as club ambassador that not only has he failed to tone it down but has just become more and more controversial.  

Yeah, Sheldon and his tweets have become an emba... Oh, wait... 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Club desperate for financial investment all through this as well.

8 hours ago, Rebel said:

Le Tissier is an ex-footballer - a very talented one - but his fame is built on that and nothing more.  He should stick to football.  He's not qualified to talk about anything else.  

He shouldn't use that fame to push conspiracy theories or an anti-vaccine stance - they are his personal private opinions and should stay that way.  

I would ask him though why none of the players who have had heart problems have come out and said it was because they had been vaccinated - its more likely they caught Covid - mildly probably - maybe they weren't even aware they had it - but then suffered some form of long Covid which gave them heart problems.  

But we don't know - and neither does he - so why is he giving and opinion he's not qualified to - and more so when he doesn't have the information needed to actually have an informed opinion on it.

He can post what he likes on his personal Twitter account actually, he doesn’t have to be qualified to give an opinion. 

• Like 2

On 11/04/2022 at 19:44, Dorchester Saint said:

He can post what he likes on his personal Twitter account actually, he doesn’t have to be qualified to give an opinion. 

Which has led to him to him being sacked by his employer and told to leavel his ambassador role. 

Its NOT an opinion being a danger to public health and embarrassing SFC et all. 

On 11/04/2022 at 11:23, Rebel said:

So a post full of your opinion but MLT is not allowed one…..

There is a certain irony to your post which displays a lack of understanding  of what you just said and an arrogance that your opinion is more worthy. 
The most important thing is that we respect all free speech - even yours….

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, captainchris said:

There is a certain irony to your post which displays a lack of understanding  of what you just said and an arrogance that your opinion is more worthy. 

He is allowed one.

2 hours ago, Thereisonlyonemickychannon said:

I agree with him. We have all become sheep. Time to stand up to these liars and propagandists. 

Let us know exactly what it is you're going to do to stand up to these liars and propagandists.

Because you are definitely going to do something, aren't you?

2 hours ago, Thereisonlyonemickychannon said:

I agree with him. We have all become sheep. Time to stand up to these liars and propagandists. 

Can you start by finding out who’s designing the sets for the pretend Ukrainian war that we’ve made up.

Very realistic pictures.

It doesn't need to be such an extreme view on both sides. If people look a little closer, they'd see the points actually meet somewhere nearer the middle. 

But, this comment will trigger the people who don't want to understand and consider, they just want/need to believe. 

'Its easier to fool people, than convince them they have been fooled.'

• Like 1

18 hours ago, captainchris said:

But we haven't got free speech it a fallacy. Go out and say something that is deemed racist or homophobic, and you are in trouble ( rightly so) 

So we have edited free speech. More than China, Russia etc but we dont have complete free speech. 

We are not free in the true sense, as we are not able to park where we like, travel without a passport etc etc. 

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

But we haven't got free speech it a fallacy. Go out and say something that is deemed racist or homophobic, and you are in trouble ( rightly so) 

So we have edited free speech. More than China, Russia etc but we dont have complete free speech. 

We are not free in the true sense, as we are not able to park where we like, travel without a passport etc etc. 

You are perfectly free the post teeth aching banality like that though. Well done.

2 hours ago, OldNick said:

More than Russia and China , are you completely deluded  ????

13 hours ago, Thereisonlyonemickychannon said:

Depends which liars and propagandists we're talking about.

If it's Russian liars and propagandists, then that's just following the crowd, man. You are merely basic lamb riding the bandwagon.

But if you can rise up against the western liars and propagandists, only the most enlightened and politically aware are capable of it and that takes true wisdom and courage. KGB Colonelship awaits (or not - just ask Philby).

Of course it's a lot easier to rail against the mainstream media when you've just lost your contract with, er, one of the big players in the mainstream media and find yourself at a loose end. I guess his experience with drumming up interest for his autobiography must have opened his eyes to the awful world of journalistic sensationalism. Perhaps MLT can put his scholarly youtube research activities to one side and actually go to Ukraine to investigate the truth behind the noble peacekeeping operation.

I think hes done it for 3/4 years and saw this sent to a veteran

Thank you for contacting the Royal British Legion PR team to express your thoughts on Matt Le Tissier’s presence at the Falklands 40 event at the Mayflower theatre on 1st May.  While Matt Le Tissier is entitled to his personal views, he does not represent the RBL and we believe these views are distracting from the solemnity and importance of the Hampshire RBL Remembrance event to mark the 40th anniversary of the Falklands War in May, and he will no longer act as compere.

Edited by SaintsLoyal

Problem with all this anti covid anti vax anti media, he is isolating himself from the world and won t be able to find a job in the media or as a pundit any time soon.

He ll be doing a regular job soon at this rate just to keep his family afloat.

7 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Problem with all this anti covid anti vax anti media, he is isolating himself from the world and won t be able to find a job in the media or as a pundit any time soon.

The Bucha ignorance went beyond the pale for many and yes will rightfully kill any media career.

5 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Also have the Benalis completely distanced themselves from Matt. I don t see them footage of them meeting up anymore or being best buddies 

I swear I saw him reply to a football related tweet from MLT recently but just scanned through Benali's account and can't see it. Maybe he deleted it.

22 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Trust the camera. But anticipate the desired angle. Things can be made to look a certain way, with the smallest adjustment. 

Yep. Those photos may look like a pile of naked, raped corpses but if you look again from a different angle you realise it’s just a swingers party playing naked Twister.

5 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

Ironically, the biggest issue isnt people being 'cancelled' it's that these opinions aren't being cancelled quickly enough. Le Tiss's views are incredibly stupid, completely illogical and in many cases just plain despicable. In the past these sorts of views wouldn't have reached the surface, nowadays they're getting adopted and there is such a degree of support it emboldens even the most ridiculous of claims. He genuinely needs help to snap out of this.

4 hours ago, The Cat said:

Just spotted this near the ground. Kind of sums it up for many people I reckon.

IMG20220416194119.jpg

I guess given his last game for us was 20 years ago then a lot of people now jumping on the bandwagon to have a pop at him would never have seen him play for us. If you’re under 35 you probably don’t even remember him at his best. For our generation where we saw his whole career perhaps we feel a bit different. I remember pretending to be Le Tissier as a kid in the playground, singing his name on the Milton terrace, seeing all my other heroes Shearer, The wallaces, Ruddock, Flowers, Case, Dennis, Williams and other heroes leave and him still be there being magnificent. We probably have a different perspective. But then some of our fans backed cortese over him because Cortese told them what they wanted to hear so it proves how easy fans can turn once they have their ears tickled. Personally I don’t care what his views are I love him because he was a brilliant payer for the club and city I love, if he upsets a few wokeys on Twitter as well then that’s just an added bonus. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Turkish said:

I guess given his last game for us was 20 years ago then a lot of people now jumping on the bandwagon to have a pop at him would never have seen him play for us. If you’re under 35 you probably don’t even remember him at his best. For our generation where we saw his whole career perhaps we feel a bit different. I remember pretending to be Le Tissier as a kid in the playground, singing his name on the Milton terrace, seeing all my other heroes Shearer, The wallaces, Ruddock, Flowers, Case, Dennis, Williams and other heroes leave and him still be there being magnificent. We probably have a different perspective. But then some of our fans backed cortese over him because Cortese told them what they wanted to hear so it proves how easy fans can turn once they have their ears tickled. Personally I don’t care what his views are I love him because he was a brilliant payer for the club and city I love, if he upsets a few wokeys on Twitter as well then that’s just an added bonus. 

Same. 

Le Tissier and that Nicholl team were my entry point into supporting Saints, and will always be a huge figure in my supporting life. Moving away to university and then as I moved home around the country, as soon as you say "I'm a Southampton fan" in conversation people you meet would immediately turn to Le Tissier. He represents the city in a huge way. 

I've mentioned before that as big Smiths/Morrissey fan I've already seen one of my heroes tarnish his legacy in later years. So I'm used to it. 

So whatever happens, and whatever gets said, people can't take away those wonderful goals, they can't take away my Morrissey CDs and they can't take away my cherished VHS video collection of episodes of Jim'll Fix It.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Same. 

Le Tissier and that Nicholl team were my entry point into supporting Saints, and will always be a huge figure in my supporting life. Moving away to university and then as I moved home around the country, as soon as you say "I'm a Southampton fan" in conversation people you meet would immediately turn to Le Tissier. He represents the city in a huge way. 

I've mentioned before that as big Smiths/Morrissey fan I've already seen one of my heroes tarnish his legacy in later years. So I'm used to it. 

So whatever happens, and whatever gets said, people can't take away those wonderful goals, they can't take away my Morrissey CDs and they can't take away my cherished VHS video collection of episodes of Jim'll Fix It.

Did you notice how uncomfortable the children looked when sitting near Saville ?