The World Cup Thread

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

I know it is the done thing to say how dangerous and good Senegal are, but we really should be beating these within 90 mins

Yeah, but they’re used to winning knockout games, won the Alcon, Carney told us 8 times in about 3 minutes. They find a way to win (unless they lose) 

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I know it is the done thing to say how dangerous and good Senegal are, but we really should be beating these within 90 mins

The Senegal team appears to lack diversity. I hope there are campaigns going on there to encourage white players more.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Second time in four games a player has mysteriously become unavailable just before a game 

Unless he's coming back to UK, I can't see what family situation he can deal with from over there? Odd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Looking forward to Mbappe against Maguire. 

Followed by someone digging out some posts on here from about 2015  that Stephens was a better than Maguire and should have been selected /would have handled Mbappe better...

Just now, Badger said:

Followed by someone digging out some posts on here from about 2015  that Stephens was a better than Maguire and should have been selected /would have handled Mbappe better...

I remember a post on another forum that said Stephens was the new Bobby Moore 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Turkish said:

I remember a post on another forum that said Stephens was the new Bobby Moore 🤣🤣🤣

Wasn't it his 'Beckenbauresque' style of bringing the ball out of defence that caught the eye (and imagination it seems) on here ?

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

I thought Wilson did ok when he came on the other night. 

Unless the keeper chucks one in the net, we’ll beat this lot. 

I'd rather see Rashford down the middle personally. 

Hope you're right. I think it'll be a struggle, but we'll scrape past them. 

Just now, Badger said:

Wasn't it his 'Beckenbauresque' style of bringing the ball out of defence that caught the eye (and imagination it seems) on here ?

He had a purple patch in about 2016 when I thought he'd go on and be decent. But he became shit instead. 

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

what’s worse, just seen the pompey manager was interviewed during the game on sky today. 

Is this the future? 🤦‍♂️

Heard them announce Sam Vokes coming on, but couldn't hear the  10,000 travelling army giving him abuse. 

Perhaps TCWAB and mates couldn't get a signal or they need to ad/ update Vokes page on  Scummerpedia

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Heard them announce Sam Vokes coming on, but couldn't hear the  10,000 travelling army giving him abuse. 

Perhaps TCWAB and mates couldn't get a signal or they need to ad/ update Vokes page on  Scummerpedia

He got a good scumming, yes?

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The Senegal team appears to lack diversity. I hope there are campaigns going on there to encourage white players more.

I was about to complain to OFCOM when Lee Dixon used some bigoted stereotypes and called the Senegalese players fast and strong but thankfully his woke training kicked in and he remembered to add “and intelligent”

• Haha 2

Just now, trousers said:

I reckon we should actually try crossing it to one of our players every now and then #callmeoldfashioned

3 feet in front of them is a ‘great ball’ apparently. Wrighty would have put us 1-0 up.

• Like 1