Away games you’re looking forward to next year (assuming we get relegated)

kwsaint

Yeah Wednesday is an obvious one for me, seeing as I live in Sheffield. 

If United were to choke and miss out on promotion that would be even better.

Rotherham is nice and local but they are in the relegation mix and might drop out. 

Hull is a good trip. Good memories of going there on a cold Tuesday night and Jos Hooiveld scoring the winner for us.

Never been to Preston. Sunderland is a good excuse to visit some friends in Newcastle. And Coventry back at the Ricoh would be good too.

Edited by Sheaf Saint

West Brom for the curry. Not the Vine, there's another place a bit like 5 Rivers about a mile away which is amazing.

Always enjoy a trip to Millwall. Also Watford if they don't come up. Reading is dull but nearby.

Haven't been to Rotherham's new ground so that would be one to tick off.

57 minutes ago, trousers said:

Fratton Park

Someone's gotta say it..............we can't drop two divisions in one go.

For convenient closeness, Bournemouth, QPR, Watford, MIllwall, Reading and Brizzle. Luton will be interesting and plenty others there to rekindle the enthusiasm.

Burnley, Middlesbrough and one more northern side for promotion to the PL, thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwsaint said:

Just interested in where people want to go. For me, Sheffield Wednesday stands out if they get promoted.

Me too. A friend is a Wednesday ST holder and has promised me a seat whenever I’m up there as it’s an historic ground I’ve never been to and would like to experience.  Not sure he was thinking it would be a Wednesday vs Saints match, but it would make it more ‘interesting’! 

1 hour ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Bristol city, Blackpool and Wednesday but the amount of northern and Lancashire teams in the championship does not make it appealing for away days 

QPR always a good away day, to be fair I'd say most of them are good. 

We might get a trip down to Plymouth as well hopefully 

Bristol City, Plymouth if they get promoted (quite likely).  Ipswich too if they can scrape through (not been there since 1991).  If Cardiff can sort themselves out that could be a good day out.

Exeter and Bristol Rovers would be good for me as well, but will probably have to wait until the season after for those ;) 

Edited by Weston Super Saint

Look at us not fearing relegation, all accepting of it already, positively embracing it!

It will be nice to revisit a few grounds, done most of them since the 70s - but as long as I don't get one of those shitty restricted view seats at Loftus Road and do they still keep you back for an hour at Millwall?

• Like 1

Championship has changed quite a bit since we were last in it!

Haven't been to Bristol City, Luton, Preston, Rotherham, Blackpool, all the glamourous places! So would look forward to visiting those next season assuming they're all still in that league next season.

Also got Wycombe and Shrewsbury with an outside chance of getting in the playoffs in L1 that I've not visited.

Edited by Saint Garrett

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Why has no one been to Luton?

1. Its a shit hole.

2. They used to have a ban on away fans back when we played them regularly.

3. Tiny ground and tiny away end limiting who actually can attend.

4. It's a shit hole.

5. It's a shit hole.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StDunko said:

1. Its a shit hole.

2. They used to have a ban on away fans back when we played them regularly.

3. Tiny ground and tiny away end limiting who actually can attend.

4. It's a shit hole.

5. It's a shit hole.

I have, several times, including a couple of real thumpings.

9 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Bristol city, Blackpool and Wednesday but the amount of northern and Lancashire teams in the championship does not make it appealing for away days 

Works for me 😉

Hoping Blackpool stay up, and Bolton get promoted.

I used to work at Bloomfield Road, and have played at Deepdale.

Edited by badgerx16