Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

A tip for anyone who, like me, is finding this thread increasingly insufferable. Make a list of the the most annoying posters here and play a game of "Idiot or Child?". There are also bonus points on offer for correctly identifying the adult virgins. Really takes the edge off.

Ignore list is useful too, this thread is a car crash at the moment.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Sorry but if he is subject to an imminent multi million pound deal there’s no way either side would allow him to play tomorrow. If he gets a season long injury for example, that would scupper the deal. So if he has “left the building” there’s no way he’s playing tomorrow. So that is BS

If we didn't play every single player that are in conversations about their future, we'd be playing a team of 10 year olds.

• Haha 1

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

That's an odd statement given you were relaxed about it in April when you were happy for them to go, but now they will cost us promotion whoever we bring in.  I'm not sure what has changed in the player market that would have been realistic targets for a Championship team since then.

I was relaxed about the prospect of losing a few of them (keeping three hopefully) back in April. It's a very different scenario after an entire preseason and a month of games with the season well under way and with almost no time to bring in alternatives and the ones we have brought in being of questionable quality and temperament against quality that is proven in this division. Had we brought in our striker and a Tella replacement a month ago then things may have been different with a month to gel and learn Martin's system. As it is, Adams and Tella were set to be key signings this year. It's a huge blow to lose them at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

A tip for anyone who, like me, is finding this thread increasingly insufferable. Make a list of the the most annoying posters here and play a game of "Idiot or Child?". There are also bonus points on offer for correctly identifying the adult virgins. Really takes the edge off.

Well there is only one winner of the Idiot Child award today (yes he wins both titles) but I see he has vanished in the last two hours. Mum put him to bed. No need to mention the little man’s name.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If we didn't play every single player that are in conversations about their future, we'd be playing a team of 10 year olds.

Conversations is a bit different to handing in all kit and saying goodbyes because you’re imminently off to Germany? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I was relaxed about the prospect of losing a few of them (keeping three hopefully) back in April. It's a very different scenario after an entire preseason and a month of games with the season well under way and with almost no time to bring in alternatives and the ones we have brought in being of questionable quality and temperament against quality that is proven in this division. Had we brought in our striker and a Tella replacement a month ago then things may have been different with a month to gel and learn Martin's system. As it is, Adams and Tella were set to be key signings this year. It's a huge blow to lose them at this point. 

If we are linked with and sign a forward after a win tomorrow does that all change though?

I think we are all just nervous it’s a bit like last season and not going to replace Che so a striker light because we know Onauchu won’t play here at all.

Just now, Give it to Ron said:

If we are linked with and sign a forward after a win tomorrow does that all change though?

I think we are all just nervous it’s a bit like last season and not going to replace Che so a striker light because we know Onauchu won’t play here at all.

I think we will definitely replace Adams with a striker. The point is, that striker has to hit the ground running and be as good or better than Adams if we are to have a chance of promotion. It's such a big risk and that's before we get to losing Tella as well. It's all so disappointing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Were you an Italian tank driver in another life?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think we will definitely replace Adams with a striker. The point is, that striker has to hit the ground running and be as good or better than Adams if we are to have a chance of promotion. It's such a big risk and that's before we get to losing Tella as well. It's all so disappointing. 

That’s the bit am torn with as good or better than Adams a few weeks ago most wanted him out. I can’t forget that missed header from six yards last Saturday what happens if we do get to play offs and win are we happy to have a failed prem striker on new contract?

We do need a centre forward like a Pelle/Lambert type asap.

Tella different story but 20m euros a lot for him when Burnley offered what 9m?

39 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's just a load of cope. Just like when you claimed we ha done sufficient attacking transfer business last year by bringing in Mara.

I was optimistic that Mara, Aribo and Edozie would be able to emulate the six goals contributed by Broja the season before and that AA would improve and maybe chip in with half a dozen of his own. Clearly I was wrong on that but if nothing else the last two windows have proven we do know where our weaknesses are and are prepared to spend money addressing them, so that's something at least. A week before the last transfer window closed, you were convinced we were getting Andre Ayew on loan and nobody else, so lets not throw too much faeces at each other.

I don't get why the last week of every transfer window is like this. Every. Single. F**king. Time. Even in the two Koeman summers people were hysterical about the business we hadn't done, before signing Mane, Toby and Virgil on those respective deadline days.

• Like 4

Bloomin 'eck. This is an interesting thread for the psychologists although it contains very little information about actual football.

I've got some HRT gel spare which might help some of you to calm down and get a bit more relaxed and zen and take the edge off your testosterone rages and forum points scoring.. 

Alternatively I've a very nice Puglian red and Taleggio and cheddar cheese in front of me, some of which I'll leave for when I get back from the match tomorrow. I very much hope we win and will be cheering on the team: I can recommend this, it's much more cathartic out in the fresh air with a crowd than sat pounding a keyboard on your own..

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

Bloomin 'eck. This is an interesting thread for the psychologists although it contains very little information about actual football.

I've got some HRT gel spare which might help some of you to calm down and get a bit more relaxed and zen and take the edge off your testosterone rages and forum points scoring.. 

Alternatively I've a very nice Puglian red and Taleggio and cheddar cheese in front of me, some of which I'll leave for when I get back from the match tomorrow. I very much hope we win and will be cheering on the team: I can recommend this, it's much more cathartic out in the fresh air with a crowd than sat pounding a keyboard on your own..

Not all of us need to self medicate with alcohol sue xxx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suewhistle said:

Self medicate? You obviously have a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol, or cheese..

I have a very healthy relationship with this forum, being limited to 3 posts a day. Never changed my name here either..

Night all..

Given your outbursts and vile language when someone doesn’t agree with you it’s probably in everyone’s interest you only have 3 posts a day

• Haha 5

I would be hugely disappointed if Che goes. If you watch Martins press conference he seemed fairly relaxed about replacing him.Although it might be just his pragmatic Buddhism. They will have definitely anticipated this possibility.

As someone else mentioned we signed Mane at the last minute. Then most were moaning because they hadn’t heard of him. 

I have total confidence in our Serbian Overlords

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Unfortunately, you've backed yourself into a corner, and are trying to weasel your way out of what you've said previously, and changing the goalposts. It's fine to say "Do you know what, I was wrong when I said that", or that you've "re-evaluate" what you said. You'd garner far more respect than the rather embarrassing backwards shuffle you seem to be doing now 🤣

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Unfortunately, you've backed yourself into a corner, and are trying to weasel your way out of what you've said previously, and changing the goalposts. It's fine to say "Do you know what, I was wrong when I said that", or that you've "re-evaluate" what you said. You'd garner far more respect than the rather embarrassing backwards shuffle you seem to be doing now 🤣

You can be relaxed about the prospect of something occurring in April (albeit, we are likely to not have three of them left which is what I was relaxed about) and then change that opinion four months later as circumstances change. It's really as simple as that. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

You can be relaxed about the prospect of something occurring in April (albeit, we are likely to not have three of them left which is what I was relaxed about) and then change that opinion four months later as circumstances change. It's really as simple as that. 

But what circumstances have changed? Nowt. If we keep 3 of those players then we should be fine. 

Embarrassing pal. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, manji said:

I would be hugely disappointed if Che goes. If you watch Martins press conference he seemed fairly relaxed about replacing him.Although it might be just his pragmatic Buddhism. They will have definitely anticipated this possibility.

As someone else mentioned we signed Mane at the last minute. Then most were moaning because they hadn’t heard of him. 

I have total confidence in our Serbian Overlords

Why ? These are the people who signed Tall Paul and appointed Nathan jones. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

Why ? These are the people who signed Tall Paul and appointed Nathan jones. 

We have different people in charge this season (i.e. Wilcox). Can’t really blame him for those decisions.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

People jizzed themselves and called Wilcox a genius because he got a few million more for Lavia.

The problem there is that didn’t happen. People thought he did moderately well in getting a good price for Lavia, which he did, and are hopeful/optimistic that he’ll do a better job than Shields and Rasmus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

People jizzed themselves and called Wilcox a genius because he got a few million more for Lavia.

I did and it felt good.

Better than your depressive pity wanks every time a journalist tweets something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Yeah not quite the same as he has handed in his access pass as you said earlier. If a deal is definitely struck there is no way he plays tomorrow. So I call BS

Call what you like. I have no reason to doubt this person.

I want us to keep Che and KWP, but the idea that our chances of promotion completely hinge on that outcome is mad.

I’m not sure we could find good enough replacements at a reasonable price - but it’s not a case of our promotion chances being blown to pieces. It just, perhaps, dials them down a smidgen.