Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

it's not often I'm ITK but I can reveal that Tella has just handed in his gear at the training ground and said his goodbyes to the staff.

He's off to Germany.

(EDIT: Gear as in fob and Saints training stuff etc...Not gear as in anything illegal you understand)

Weirdly, I'd be upset if he left us for Burnley, but I'm happy for him if he's heading over to Germany and trying his luck there.

Good luck to him

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Update: Talks still ongoing but moving quickly and could actually play tomorrow but if he does it will be his last game for Saints.

Surely he wouldn’t be giving everything back if there was still a potential of playing tomorrow.

And also if a deal was close to being agreed why would they risk the transfer by letting him play?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

This is just another fuck up by the Saints admin team, first Piroe and now this. Where will this incompetence end?

They should have thought this through, before accepting his kit back.

I’m assuming the bin put in a bid which met the valuation

Edited by Toadhall Saint
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

- Id rather not sell the likes of Che, Tella or Adams but understand if bids are too good to refuse we almost need too

Agree but if we can sell him twice that would represent good business. (winky smiler emoji)

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

it's not often I'm ITK but I can reveal that Tella has just handed in his gear at the training ground and said his goodbyes to the staff.

He's off to Germany.

(EDIT: Gear as in fob and Saints training stuff etc...Not gear as in anything illegal you understand)

From bad to worse. And people accused me of negativity! Just kwp to go to complete the set. 

6 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Surely he wouldn’t be giving everything back if there was still a potential of playing tomorrow.

And also if a deal was close to being agreed why would they risk the transfer by letting him play?

I have no idea. Just relaying what I've been told from someone who works at the training ground and is there right now.

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

When will it end? We know Nathan is an organised lad so no way we should have entertained a bid from the lost property bin, especially when Nathan knew where everything was the whole time 

Sack the admin team FFS.

Rumour has it, it's just a hear of briefs and a tank top. 

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

When will it end? We know Nathan is an organised lad so no way we should have entertained a bid from the lost property bin, especially when Nathan knew where everything was the whole time 

Sack the admin team FFS.

Totally agree - fucking sea side B&B

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Unless RM has come out and publicly said “Yeah Piroe was our number one target” then move on, Jesus Christ. There’s more than one striker out there.

Be annoyed in a weeks time when the window is closed.

But we haven't been able to buy a decent one in two years, and here we are 8 days out again ...

This year though, looks like we're letting go of the two that show promise.

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

From bad to worse. And people accused me of negativity! Just kwp to go to complete the set. 

It's not really though is it?

It's exactly what you predicted and were 'relaxed' about....

On 05/04/2023 at 13:59, hypochondriac said:

I'm relaxed about it. Very possible for us to lose: 

Adams 

JWP 

Lavia 

ABK

KWP 

Alcaraz 

Sulemana 

Tella 

If we can keep even three of them that would be decent for the championship. If we don't it should bring a decent amount of cash to make up for some of the loss of revenue and give us a warchest for a promotion push. 

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Even if Tella leaves and is replaced by nobody, we have Sully, Fraser, SAA, Edozie, Djenepo and at a push both Armstrongs, who can all play the winger/AM role. Not exactly bare bones in terms of either quantity or quality.

A massive drop off for me, not least in goals. We were already pretty weak on one side with an ineffectual Edozie.

It's surprising that a German team is prepared to pay so much for a player who hasn't performed in the PL.  Assuming it's nudging £20m it'll be Leverkusen's third biggest transfer (figures on the below link are EUR)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bayer-04-leverkusen/transferrekorde/verein/15

Personnally think we should have kept him, but can't begrudge him the move.  Hope it goes well for him

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Weirdly, I'd be upset if he left us for Burnley, but I'm happy for him if he's heading over to Germany and trying his luck there.

Good luck to him

Good move for him, and an ambitious one.

Think he'll be back in England within a couple of years. Hope we've got the  sell on %.

• Like 1

20m and he’s going to a team in European competition, Im dissapointed to lose it but.. despite what a lot of posters on here seem to think, we are a Championship club

That said.. if Fraser is the replacement then I’m pretty meh about it… if he can find his Bournemouth form then great.. but Im not counting my chickens

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It's not really though is it?

It's exactly what you predicted and were 'relaxed' about....

Indeed I was relaxed about it in April. That was prior to us selling them all and bringing in Ryan Fraser in on loan. I also talked about keeping three of them. That doesn't seem likely now does it.

Edited by hypochondriac

Just now, Smirking_Saint said:

20m and he’s going to a team in European competition, Im dissapointed to lose it but.. despite what a lot of posters on here seem to think, we are a Championship club

That said.. if Fraser is the replacement then I’m pretty meh about it… if he can find his Bournemouth form then great.. but Im not counting my chickens

Who thinks we are not, and what does that have to do in the context of selling Tella now?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Even if Tella leaves and is replaced by nobody, we have Sully, Fraser, SAA, Edozie, Djenepo and at a push both Armstrongs, who can all play the winger/AM role. Not exactly bare bones in terms of either quantity or quality.

It's just a load of cope. Just like when you claimed we ha done sufficient attacking transfer business last year by bringing in Mara.

• Like 2

When will it end you say?

When all the players who are too good for the championship and will attract premium fees have gone. It’s a horrible reality we are now a relatively small fish being circled by much bigger fish.  

Also, if they don’t want to be here and fight the good fight they can Foxtrot-Oscar as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Tella, Smallbone and Alcaraz should have been the 3 untouchables this summer - they should all have been told they were going nowhere from the very start.  I can’t imagine any of them are on massive wages.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Toussaint said:

When will it end you say?

When all the players who are too good for the championship and will attract premium fees have gone. It’s a horrible reality we are now a relatively small fish being circled by much bigger fish.  

Also, if they don’t want to be here and fight the good fight they can Foxtrot-Oscar as far as I am concerned.

That ship sailed last season!

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Tella has got 2 years left.  Should have kept him this season.

Do you think that’s realistic if he is set on leaving, with him or anyone for that matter? All I see with that situation as allowing us to change a higher fee.

I don’t like it but if rather we got rid of everyone who’s going asap 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

But you have no idea what we have lined up, neither do I.

There will be plenty of time for huffing and puffing once the window is slammed shut and we wait for January!

Selling Tella, Adams and maybe KWP at this point is a ridiculous thing to do and a huge risk that may very well cost us promotion. That doesn't change whoever we bring in.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Do you think that’s realistic if he is set on leaving, with him or anyone for that matter? All I see with that situation as allowing us to change a higher fee.

I don’t like it but if rather we got rid of everyone who’s going asap 

Of course it is realistic, he'd have to keep playing well to get the move he wanted.

Even Gnonto at Leeds seems to have realised that after attempting the whole go on strike route.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

A massive drop off for me, not least in goals. We were already pretty weak on one side with an ineffectual Edozie.

Loss in goals but I think with another quality striker in the door alongside Che, Ryan Fraser is the type of player to deliver a lot more assists for a striker. The key is in the striker.

Edited by SotonianWill

52 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Update: Talks still ongoing but moving quickly and could actually play tomorrow but if he does it will be his last game for Saints.

Sorry but if he is subject to an imminent multi million pound deal there’s no way either side would allow him to play tomorrow. If he gets a season long injury for example, that would scupper the deal. So if he has “left the building” there’s no way he’s playing tomorrow. So that is BS

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

So let me get this right your initial post was having a go at people who may or may not have heard of a player in transfer window so they weren’t entitled to their opinion but you are?

Nooo, my point was I imagine there are a lot of people on here that jump on the bandwagon and make out that Onuachu for Pantsil is a fantastic deal without having any idea of who he is.

They just see it as a winger replacing a flop and assume it’s a “let em cook” situation.

Not tarring everyone with the same brush. It’s just amusing how so many ITK’s come out the woodwork about the most obscure players based on a tweet or a post.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Loss in goals but I think with another quality striker in the door alongside Che, Ryan Fraser is the type of player to deliver a lot more assists for a striker. The key is in the striker.

If we're flogging tella, who's under contract for a relatively small sum(in comparison to what we've already earned), there's not a cat in hell's chance we won't flog Che before transfer deadline.

I don't expect much from Fraser(4 years on from when he was good)

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Nooo, my point was I imagine there are a lot of people on here that jump on the bandwagon and make out that Onuachu for Pantsil is a fantastic deal without having any idea of who he is.

They just see it as a winger replacing a flop and assume it’s a “let em cook” situation.

Not tarring everyone with the same brush. It’s just amusing how so many ITK’s come out the woodwork about the most obscure players based on a tweet or a post.

A cheese sandwich for Onuachu would be a fantastic deal. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Selling Tella, Adams and maybe KWP at this point is a ridiculous thing to do and a huge risk that may very well cost us promotion. That doesn't change whoever we bring in.

That's an odd statement given you were relaxed about it in April when you were happy for them to go, but now they will cost us promotion whoever we bring in.  I'm not sure what has changed in the player market that would have been realistic targets for a Championship team since then.

• Like 2