Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

They have only sold 3 players, 1 of them a complete reserve to ipswich. As i stated they've generated a lot less in transfer fees. 

Leeds’ team has also been utterly decimated by loans out. Really can’t understand your logic of saying they haven’t had to los3 players due to relegation, they’ve lost loads as the post above yours shows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trousers said:

To be fair, he's not saying these things won't happen, just that we don't know for sure one way or the other yet.

Would you not agree that evidence suggests that they will all become true?

We went into last season needing a striker. Failed to improve. 

We've come into this season needing a striker, we're selling one who looks fairly competent at this level, and based on links, will fail to improve. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

Probably/possibly but doesn't mean it's wrong to say they might not happen (or particularly clever to play your "ner, ner, told you so" card a week later...)

Edited by trousers

Just now, The Kraken said:

Leeds’ team has also been utterly decimated by loans out. Really can’t understand your logic of saying they haven’t had to los3 players due to relegation, they’ve lost loads as the post above yours shows.

Because the person i was responding to was listing Leicester players (not Leeds) & claiming their 5 free agent losses were sales.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, James said:

If the situation pans out as follows:

- Tella departs, Fraser comes in on loan and Sulemana stays put until January.

- Che departs and we sign Shankland from Hearts or Duk from Aberdeen.

- KWP departs, Holgate arrives on loan and we end up signing Wood from Swansea to replace one of ABK or Lyanco.

- The young lad from Gronigens signs.

Will people be satisfied with the business that we've done?

I think this or something like it is the most likely scenario. My feeling is that I'd be cautiously OK with our defence and defensive midfield. A bit saddened by the downgrades in other areas of the midfield and really disappointed in our attack. 

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

Midfield suddenly looks a lot better with the news Smallbone will be back for Sunderland, a nice area of certainty at least!

The Martin quote re Sulemana also implies he expects him to stay given the reference to planning for him to be in the squad for Sunderland.

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

Midfield suddenly looks a lot better with the news Smallbone will be back for Sunderland, a nice area of certainty at least!

Agree - We looked really strong in the 3 CM positions. We lack a little depth at CB, but looks like we're sorting that. 

Really, really concerned about up top however. Its got big money panic buy flop written all over it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

We've come into this season needing a striker, we're selling one who looks fairly competent at this level, and based on links, will fail to improve. 

Happy Good Vibes GIF by goodfortunesonly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I think this or something like it is the most likely scenario. My feeling is that I'd be cautiously OK with our defence and defensive midfield. A bit saddened by the downgrades in other areas of the midfield and really disappointed in our attack. 

That's why I proposed it, I agree that it's the most likely scenario. The downgrade in our attacks would be stark. At the moment we have the best attacking options in the league but we wouldn't post window if my scenario panned out.

Question for those on the more optimistic side, do you anticipate any material changes from what I have suggested? 

Just now, Dman said:

Agree - We looked really strong in the 3 CM positions. We lack a little depth at CB, but looks like we're sorting that. 

Really, really concerned about up top however. Its got big money panic buy flop written all over it. 

Yep - not really got any concerns about CB. RB is a bit of a worry if we suddenly end up with Holgate and Bree as our two options after a late move for KWP.

Like you say, we could be Sulemana - Che - Tella in a weeks time or we could be Edozie - Armstrong - Fraser.

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

I genuinely feel a bit worried about you. 

Banging on and on and on with the same negative and pessimistic worry won’t change the situation either way. You come across as unhappy and fixated. Ultimately football is supposed to be fun and enjoyable - and at the end of the day doesn’t actually matter in the big scheme of things. Don’t let it make you unhappy .

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, miserableoldgit said:

Yep....almost as funny as the whole "Circle of Trust" shtick....but not quite...

Wally's like you that keep biting on it, is the fact the whole "CoT' thing is funny. If only you were savvy enough to realise 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, revolution saint said:

Yep, if we end up with a midfield that has Charles, Downes, Smallbone, S Armstrong and Alcaraz to choose from then I'd be really happy with that.

Ridiculous strong midfield. Wouldn't be upset with that in the division above, to be honest. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Armstrong doesn't perform the same role as Adams. Ballard is a youth option off the bench. Personally I'd try and get rid of Mara because he isn't good enough. 

I don’t disagree but we’ll almost certainly play both Adams and Armstrong, if available, for the majority of the season.. so we either buy to replace or they’ll have to be happy on the bench.. so not really sure what options that leaves

Mara I agree, he hasn’t impressed me

19 minutes ago, Dman said:

Wally's like you that keep biting on it, is the fact the whole "CoT' thing is funny. If only you were savvy enough to realise 🤦‍♂️

A group of middle aged men, lurking in the shadows of this forum sending shady direct messages, whilst playing who's dicks bigger in the public domain.

Sounds more like a peadophile ring than a circle and about as amusing as one too

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I don’t disagree but we’ll almost certainly play both Adams and Armstrong, if available, for the majority of the season.. so we either buy to replace or they’ll have to be happy on the bench.. so not really sure what options that leaves

Mara I agree, he hasn’t impressed me

I actually can see some upside in getting in a new player to replace Adams. My main issue is doing it at this stage of the window where imo it's too much of a risk. 

Take all this with a pinch of salt, but Wales Online report that Saints were in for Piroe and Leeds did a better job. Also state that Piroe preferred a move to Saints

Wales Online state that Piroe was actually quite keen on a move to Southampton after talks with the Saints, excited to reunite with Russell Martin. But, Leeds did not give up and worked hard to get him.

“The level of effort Leeds made to sign him proved to be a key factor in persuading him to move to west Yorkshire, working round the clock with Piroe’s camp this week to thrash out nitty, gritty bits of the deal.”

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I actually can see some upside in getting in a new player to replace Adams. My main issue is doing it at this stage of the window where imo it's too much of a risk. 

I agree. I wanted Che out after last season, and I still hope we get rid. Problem is, he is going to sit and wait for the final day of the window, cause bigger clubs will surley come in for him (in his eyes). So we have to get a striker in now - Che will leave on the last day, no doubt in my mind.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Exactly how I see it. HAs we signed Piroe this week, then there wouldn't have been so much noise and concern around Adams. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

A group of middle aged men, lurking in the shadows of this forum sending shady direct messages, whilst playing who's dicks bigger in the public domain.

Sounds more like a peadophile ring than a circle and about as amusing as one too

Careful, or you will be insulted and chastised.......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bugenhagen said:

I agree. I wanted Che out after last season, and I still hope we get rid. Problem is, he is going to sit and wait for the final day of the window, cause bigger clubs will surley come in for him (in his eyes). So we have to get a striker in now - Che will leave on the last day, no doubt in my mind.

It's a difficult one for Wilcox and team to manage. Maybe getting rid of Paul or Mara unlocks things as we'd have some latitude to bring someone else in regardless of what happens with Adams?

Surely we can't allow Adams to leave without a replacement but if an acceptable bid comes in on deadline day then who knows? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maysie said:

What was wrong with it? Didn’t listen just saw comments from Alfie House and didn’t seem that bad.

He said  "life sucks, what's the point in doing anything anyway as the only certainties are death and taxes". He went on to say "that current projections are that we will be ground sharing with AFC Totton on 4 years time, if we are not all dead by then through global conflict, pestilence and climate change, possibly all three on the same day".  Not his usual style but nevertheless, honest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

What a depressing press conference. Not much to inspire confidence in that at all. 

He was absolutely managing expectations. Che is going and don’t expect much coming. 

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Really?

This summer Leicester have sold Maddison, Amartey, Evans, Mendy, Perez, Soyuncu, Tielemans and Barnes, all who have been senior members of their first team.  Leeds aren’t any better off themselves having also seen a summer exodus of senior players.

I went through that absolute myth earlier in the thread, there’s never been a relegated team, to my knowledge that wasn’t decimated with transfers and to this moment nobody has rebuffed that

Im not sure where the narrative of ‘we’re the only team to firesale’ actually comes from

Frankly this whole thread is pathetic, some of these posts are spectacular.. Im not sure if I should be more embarrassed by them trolling on a messageboard OR the possibility that they’re being serious

• Like 5
  • Haha 1